http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
Not sure if its a "mistake" or a Christmas present Looks like a present from Steam :)
Note, you may need to launch the Steam client and click on 'Play Game' to collect your free copy.
Quote
To celebrate the holidays in a special way this year, Left 4 Dead 2 will be free until 10AM PST 12/26.
It will be free as in, grab it now, pay no money, and it is yours to keep forever – FOR FREE!
To claim your L4D2 gift, all you need to do is install it.
If you don't install, it goes back to its regular price and you miss out! The zombie apocalypse is more fun with friends so make sure to tell all your mates to install it as well.
Ha!
In that case.. you may be waiting for their servers to stop exploding.
It is a little slow to download... The D/L speed is jumping all over the place.
After a minute or so it's stabilized at around 2.5 mb/s.
Wow, Steam is getting hammered. Its the Slickdeals (http://slickdeals.net/)-effect. Didn't have trouble when I added it to my inventory, but also didn't install/download it yet...
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2013, 02:16:01 PM
It is a little slow to download... The D/L speed is jumping all over the place.
After a minute or so it's stabilized at around 2.5 mb/s.
I can't even get their Store section to load.
QuoteError 503 Service Unavailable
Kind of odd that you have to install it to keep it. I thought once I got it into my Inventory, it'd be mine and I could install it whenever, but the text for the Steam L4D2 item seems to say otherwise. Probably why the Steam site is getting hammered, everyone is downloading 7.5GB-worth of files all at once....
Quote from: Nefaro on December 25, 2013, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2013, 02:16:01 PM
It is a little slow to download... The D/L speed is jumping all over the place.
After a minute or so it's stabilized at around 2.5 mb/s.
I can't even get their Store section to load.
QuoteError 503 Service Unavailable
I'm at 98% now. I'll try and save you my place when done. :D
Store screen is closed 4 me.
:D
Steam store served a page but other pages wouldn't load. I guess if you're going to stress test your servers, give away a hugely popular game when every gamer on the planet is sitting around on Christmas afternoon looking for a game they didn't get.
It's actually a cunning plan for a stress test since no-one can bitch about a refund.
Thanks for the heads up, always wanted to try...downloading now.
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
It's actually a cunning plan for a stress test since no-one can bitch about a refund.
well youve always tried to be a cunning linguist.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 25, 2013, 10:29:12 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
It's actually a cunning plan for a stress test since no-one can bitch about a refund.
well youve always tried to be a cunning linguist.
Colonel Angus?
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 25, 2013, 10:29:12 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2013, 06:10:23 PM
It's actually a cunning plan for a stress test since no-one can bitch about a refund.
well youve always tried to be a cunning linguist.
Well, I do know my alphabet. 8)