This one's been in limbo for quite a while but the modders finally got permission from all the necessary parties and were given the go-ahead to release the mod.
The mod adds a lot of new features including:
Highlights
---
Based on the unpublished AWAR 1.06 patch
Hundreds of improvements and fixes
New: Air Force units
New: stormtrooper tank units
New: Polish guerrilla units
New: Improved explosion effects
New: reload animation for Garandgewehr
Rapid fire mode for M1918A2 BAR
German infantry models improved
U.S. Infantry models improved
Various models of weapons improved
Various vehicle models improved
Various performance and netcode improvements
Updated and additional unit groups for the editor
Improved animations for vehicle crews
The towing of artillery improved
Fixed some weapon names / descriptions
And a lot more!
Polish resistance fighters
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi53.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg64%2FPoorOldSpike%2FPhotos4-newPB%2Fwoj-pol1b_zps460a55c0.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=5cfd2682abb41797b8fd69761e9e509deb28c01d)
New P-39 Air Cobra model
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimageshack.us%2Fa%2Fimg809%2F9830%2F8336.jpg&hash=78873ac615bd2d30b06d1ac4282a2bb097480c87)
New FW-190 skin
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi53.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg64%2FPoorOldSpike%2FPhotos4-newPB%2Fife-1902_zpsb2781318.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=d525822f22b0b3c907a40f3d633d23f25788f579)
New P-47 skin
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi53.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg64%2FPoorOldSpike%2FPhotos4-newPB%2Fife-p472_zpsbe9801c8.jpg%7Eoriginal&hash=d76c6b37699a7ef2e91aba798b32ed9c36c90886)
And it converts it to a mod for ArmA II, so you can add your own mods to it.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170686-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-v1-06-community-patch-available-%28Arma-version-only%29 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170686-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-v1-06-community-patch-available-%28Arma-version-only%29)
Are there any players left?
Yup. Quite a few.
Did they import the standard ARMA 2 mission editor modules?
I want SecOps. Ambient life, etc. :)
You're actually porting Iron Front over to ArmA IIOA or ArmA3 as a mod. I believe that you can add other mods in but I've not yet tried it. Some of the guys on SimHQ have fiddled with the ArmA3 version but they're saying that one's pretty buggy at the moment.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 27, 2013, 06:33:23 PM
You're actually porting Iron Front over to ArmA IIOA or ArmA3 as a mod. I believe that you can add other mods in but I've not yet tried it. Some of the guys on SimHQ have fiddled with the ArmA3 version but they're saying that one's pretty buggy at the moment.
Sounds nice.
Does sound really nice but complicated to set up. Is it?