Man I love these sorts of things especially the comments area. Gamers are some of the most angry, disgruntled people on the planet. Well not me, but that's just a given. I'm like a lovable porcupine wrapped in a down comforter with a pretty bow, who loves to get hugs.
Anywhoo the short list:
•Dota 2
•Arma 3
•Spelunky
•Battlefield 4
•Gone Home
•Tomb Raider
•Rising Storm
•Saints Row IV
•Papers, Please
•BioShock Infinite
•Total War: Rome II
•The Stanley Parable
•XCOM: Enemy Within
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/20/the-pc-gamer-games-of-the-year-2013-award-nominees/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0
If this is there finalist list for game of the year, it has to be XCOM. I'd go with Rome II, but haters are going to hate.
A cuddly porcupine?
I'd always seen you as a cute little poison dart frog that loves to give hugs. I'll have to update my mental image of you.
I'd definitely go with ArmA III off that list.
Quote from: LongBlade on January 02, 2014, 01:11:25 PM
A cuddly porcupine?
I'd always seen you as a cute little poison dart frog that loves to give hugs. I'll have to update my mental image of you.
yeah, well, you can lick him to see what happens
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 02, 2014, 02:19:49 PM
I'd definitely go with ArmA III off that list.
+1
^Not Rome II? How dare you.
maybe that too
That's better.
Funny, I own none of the nominees, in fact I only purchased 1 game & 1 expansion in all of 2013! I think 2013 was a bad year for PC gaming, too many got pushed back, too many remakes,maybe it was all the developers making games for the new consoles. We also saw more and more developers develop/port games for tablets. I don't know how many games got released for the PC in 2013 but. I'll bet is was down by a lot.
I have Papers, Please...I played with it over a couple of days and it's okay. I like the theme and the situation, but when you get right down to it, it's just a memory game and nothing else. It's okay, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a GOTY list.
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 01:02:06 PM
Man I love these sorts of things especially the comments area. Gamers are some of the most angry, disgruntled people on the planet. Well not me, but that's just a given.
For better or worse (probably for better), I cannot see the comments. Hooray for Firefox's Script-blocker!
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 01:02:06 PM
I'm like a lovable porcupine wrapped in a down comforter with a pretty bow, who loves to get hugs.
Hmm. I'd always pictured you with a baseball instead of a bow, but whatever floats for you boat. :P
Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2014, 01:02:06 PM
If this is there finalist list for game of the year, it has to be XCOM. I'd go with Rome II, but haters are going to hate.
I'd go with
Rome II as well.
Granted, it's the only title on that list I've played, which obviously qualifies my opinion just a tad, but it really is a fantastic game. The only other title that's come out this year that even compares (for me) is
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. When it comes to strategy-gaming in the ancient world,
Rome II is definitely where it's at.
Legendary Heroes seems like it would be long on that list as well.
Honestly, if the release hadn't been so buggy and the follow-on patches so likely to break the game, I'd be nominating Eador: Masters of the Broken World for that list. That game had HUGE potential and did an awful lot of things better than any fantasy-based TBS since Master of Magic.
However, buggy release, underwhelming AI, and a development team that seems overmatched have left it in a poor place. Which is a shame because, even with its significant flaws, I think I've enjoyed it more (and played it 2x more) than any game released in the last half-decade!
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 03, 2014, 02:53:42 PM
I have Papers, Please...I played with it over a couple of days and it's okay. I like the theme and the situation, but when you get right down to it, it's just a memory game and nothing else. It's okay, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a GOTY list.
It's not a bad game, I do it for real though and it's a lot easier in real life .At least there's only one stamp, we have 5 different visa stamps to issue :D
Quote from: Pinetree on January 06, 2014, 04:35:51 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 03, 2014, 02:53:42 PM
I have Papers, Please...I played with it over a couple of days and it's okay. I like the theme and the situation, but when you get right down to it, it's just a memory game and nothing else. It's okay, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a GOTY list.
It's not a bad game, I do it for real though and it's a lot easier in real life .At least there's only one stamp, we have 5 different visa stamps to issue :D
Really. You work for a impoverished Soviet satellite country? ;)
If you saw my wages you'd think so. :D :D