GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MengJiao on January 02, 2014, 01:56:49 PM

Title: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: MengJiao on January 02, 2014, 01:56:49 PM

  I guess I will get it whenever it comes through STEAM.  Meanwhile, I'm CRUSHING the Umbrians in Birth of Rome.  It is 294 BC after all.
All year.
Title: Re: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: MengJiao on January 02, 2014, 03:10:00 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 02, 2014, 01:56:49 PM

  I guess I will get it whenever it comes through STEAM.  Meanwhile, I'm CRUSHING the Umbrians in Birth of Rome.  It is 294 BC after all.
All year.

  note to self: you can set up the beta on STEAM.
Title: Re: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: Yskonyn on January 03, 2014, 03:32:12 AM
As the beta will be a seperate install (or perhaps only a seperate exe?) I have no energy to try it out. I'll just wait for the release and go from there.
Title: Re: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: Nefaro on January 03, 2014, 01:29:48 PM
What's the big deal about this version?  Is it just some fluff for the WW2 stuff? 

Meh.
Title: Re: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: Yskonyn on January 04, 2014, 05:22:10 AM
No not at all. Its an update for DCS World and all modules with some much needed fixes for some long standing issues.
Apart from the P-51 module tweaks there is nothing WW2 related at all.
Title: Re: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: Nefaro on January 04, 2014, 07:30:12 AM
Ah!  Okay, thanks.  I'll make sure I run DCS World sometime before going to bed and let it do it's updating  (when the patch is official?).
Title: Re: DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available
Post by: MengJiao on January 04, 2014, 08:53:11 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 04, 2014, 07:30:12 AM
Ah!  Okay, thanks.  I'll make sure I run DCS World sometime before going to bed and let it do it's updating  (when the patch is official?).

Not official yet.  Got it on Steam (on Steam it isn't a separate install).  I can't tell how much impact it has because I'm trying to re-learn (after what?  3 weeks?)
how to fly the Su-25T.

A pack of SAMs still stands off a mess of F16s.  (F-16s come barrelling in -- missiles shoot -- F-16s jetison everything right over the SAMs and run -- nobody gets hit -- much ordinance expended).