GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2014, 05:39:02 PM

Title: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
...you're playing a game fine, put it aside for a few weeks or months, go back to it and then can't get it to run.  I mean what the heck? Very frustrating.
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on January 03, 2014, 05:44:04 PM
Is it a game that requires WinXP or some other older OS? Which game? What happens when you click its executable?
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: Toonces on January 03, 2014, 05:50:34 PM
Yes.  Yes I do.

And it's even more frustrating when you have no idea what's changed such that it will no longer run.   :o
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: jomni on January 03, 2014, 06:53:39 PM
Yes.

And also once you get it to run you have to RE-LEARN everything. :(
(This is regarding sims like Falcon 4 and DCS)
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: mikeck on January 03, 2014, 09:22:51 PM
Had that happen with saves in X3AP. Something to do with the clock moving to New Years. Played on December 31st and all was fine. Next day, none of my saves will load as they are all corrupted...WTF

Have you tried unplugging the computer, picking it up and then smashing it onto the ground?
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: -budd- on January 03, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
Quote from: mikeck on January 03, 2014, 09:22:51 PM
Have you tried unplugging the computer, picking it up and then smashing it onto the ground?

does that really work...haven't tried that solution yet :)
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: Staggerwing on January 03, 2014, 09:44:39 PM
If not, there is always defenestration.
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: SgtRock on January 04, 2014, 12:43:59 PM
Don't you hate it when... and that's why I hate Battlefront's DRM so much!!!
Title: Re: Don't you hate it when...
Post by: Martok on January 04, 2014, 01:04:30 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
...you're playing a game fine, put it aside for a few weeks or months, go back to it and then can't get it to run.  I mean what the heck? Very frustrating.
Yes, in fact, I do hate this.  I'm having that very problem with a few games I purchased on GOG.  >:(