GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 12:53:56 PM

Title: Consortium
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 12:53:56 PM
Who is getting this? Goes live in 3 hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264240/ (http://store.steampowered.com/app/264240/)
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Tpek on January 08, 2014, 02:40:32 PM
I'm a kickstarter backer, eagerly awaiting my Steam key :)
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Nefaro on January 08, 2014, 02:59:36 PM
Quote from: Tpek on January 08, 2014, 02:40:32 PM
I'm a kickstarter backer, eagerly awaiting my Steam key :)


They haven't given you one yet, an hour before release?!  :o
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Tpek on January 08, 2014, 03:36:45 PM
They haven't even given out yet AFTER release.

They've just now sent the backer-survey to ask us if we want a Steam key (which might take a while to get) or get the game "later today" (more like tomorrow) via the Humble Bundle Store.
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: Tpek on January 08, 2014, 03:36:45 PM
They haven't even given out yet AFTER release.

They've just now sent the backer-survey to ask us if we want a Steam key (which might take a while to get) or get the game "later today" (more like tomorrow) via the Humble Bundle Store.

Tpek...when are you going to learn. You have absolutely no luck with these things.
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Tpek on January 08, 2014, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: Tpek on January 08, 2014, 03:36:45 PM
They haven't even given out yet AFTER release.

They've just now sent the backer-survey to ask us if we want a Steam key (which might take a while to get) or get the game "later today" (more like tomorrow) via the Humble Bundle Store.

Tpek...when are you going to learn. You have absolutely no luck with these things.

Probably never.
By now I've fully learned Kickstarter 101. Backers ALWAYS get shafted.
I've rarely backed a KS in which the product wasn't sold in stores before even being sent to the backers.
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Rayfer on January 09, 2014, 09:08:41 AM
Watched the Steam trailer and found it quite intriguing...curious as what is posted here about the game. I can't afford to be a gaming trail blazer, I rely on the younger, more affluent grogheads to lead the way.  Regarding Kickstarter; I've never done it and have no inclination to do so....I keep reading posts here and elsewhere like Tpek wrote about and from others expressing anger, disappointment and a sense of being cheated...I just don't get it.
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Tpek on January 09, 2014, 09:22:52 AM
I got my Steam key and starting to download.
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: SgtRock on January 09, 2014, 10:42:50 AM
Why does the massive futuristic aircraft look like a 727?
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: son_of_montfort on January 09, 2014, 02:19:41 PM
Quote from: SgtRock on January 09, 2014, 10:42:50 AM
Why does the massive futuristic aircraft look like a 727?

Because they are headed for Dublin, rather than some space colony? And it is set only 28 years in the future?
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: Nefaro on January 09, 2014, 02:57:25 PM
Who are the bad guys?  A Libyan terrorist with supposed health issues?
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: son_of_montfort on January 09, 2014, 04:15:34 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 09, 2014, 02:57:25 PM
Who are the bad guys?  A Libyan terrorist with supposed health issues?

According to the Steam forums, it sounds like the bad guys are the soul-crushing bugs endemic in the game.
Title: Re: Consortium
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 09, 2014, 05:43:55 PM
of all the villians that could be used they choose Mirths weekend date....