GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: LongBlade on January 08, 2014, 02:01:22 PM

Title: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: LongBlade on January 08, 2014, 02:01:22 PM
Your stomach rumbles and it sounded like the robots in Sir, You Are Being Hunted.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: bob48 on January 08, 2014, 02:16:15 PM
....and you can't remember growing a beard......
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Nefaro on January 08, 2014, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: bob48 on January 08, 2014, 02:16:15 PM
....and you can't remember growing a beard......



... down your neck.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: MengJiao on January 08, 2014, 02:35:47 PM
Quote from: bob48 on January 08, 2014, 02:16:15 PM
....and you can't remember growing a beard......

  I think it is possible to break the wargame barrier.  You're there for days in some basement somewhere and you finally sort of
win WitPAE sort of...and you never want to play Total War Third age or WitpAE again.  In fact you are suddenly interested in some
very old boardgames.

  Yes, it happened to me and I lived to tell the tale.  Now I game in a loft and most of the games are in the barn.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Zonso on January 08, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
...you hear two loud popping noises in the background, but carry on diligently in your preparations to pre-empt the Zulus in Civilization. Only a short while later to begin to smell something burning, and frown in confusion as you start for the kitchen. And upon entering you are amazed to find pieces of boiled egg splattered all over the place. And realizing you did not know at all when you had put the eggs on, but still very curious as to how long it took to boil down and explode like that...
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 04:03:26 PM
...you have a beautiful woman dressed in stockings, garter and high heels telling you its time to get busy and you reply, "Baby, not now...I can't be tenderized while fighting a battle."

True story.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

I did that once. Was I tired! *sigh*
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
...When you dream about a game you've been playing -- every night for a week straight (or more)... 

Yes, I've really done that.  ??? 




Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

I did that once. Was I tired! *sigh*
Only once?!  Hell, that used to be my MO back in the day.  ::) 

Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
....
Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

I did that once. Was I tired! *sigh*
Only once?!  Hell, that used to be my MO back in the day.  ::)

Missing one night's sleep I did all the time. But I only missed THREE nights' sleep once. If you consistently missed three nights' sleep, my hat's off to you.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 08, 2014, 06:08:09 PM
You stick to the seat.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: bob48 on January 08, 2014, 06:11:56 PM
^nah....that's reading for too long sitting on the....throne.
Title: .
Post by: eyebiter on January 08, 2014, 06:18:42 PM
.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Atilla60 on January 08, 2014, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
...When you dream about a game you've been playing -- every night for a week straight (or more)... 

Yes, I've really done that.  ???

Ha! Been there, done that
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Gusington on January 08, 2014, 06:58:06 PM
...the first thing you do when you move into a new place is set up your gaming space, wherever it may be.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: MetalDog on January 08, 2014, 07:09:00 PM
...don't need the PC on in order to visual your next moves and the A.I.'s responses.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Sir Slash on January 08, 2014, 07:30:24 PM
When the power's off you set in front of your computer anyway.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Nefaro on January 08, 2014, 11:15:32 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 08, 2014, 04:03:26 PM
...you have a beautiful woman dressed in stockings, garter and high heels telling you its time to get busy and you reply, "Baby, not now...I can't be tenderized while fighting a battle."

True story.

This reminds me of the excellent G4 X-Play skit on WOW, the "online game and birth control device".  ;D






"Not now!  My night elf is mining!!!"

Buahaha!!  ROFL!
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 08, 2014, 11:30:37 PM
you leave your apartment after a marathon session of x-com and count movement points to the elevator.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: undercovergeek on January 09, 2014, 07:12:35 AM
lmao - these are all brilliant, done the sun up on Civ and Football Manager trying to finish a season, stayed up til 5am recently to play Arma III on an east coast server

there is nothing more fearsome than the glare of a woman who asked to be serviced and youve refused because youre in game...................... and then still be sat there the following morning when she leaves to go to work - a lot of flowers and back rubs were required but at least i beat the Carthaginians to space!
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 09, 2014, 10:09:03 AM
When Homeworld first came out I got home at 7pm on a Friday and didn't stop until 60 hours later.  She was beyond pissed.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: undercovergeek on January 09, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
ah the torrid tales of oppressed battle brothers
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Sir Slash on January 09, 2014, 11:26:40 AM
How about if a beautiful lady asks you to get busy and you ask her if she minds, while your busy, if you scan the horizon for other targets of opportunity? And then tell her she has +2 Breasts of Magnificence.  ;D
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Martok on January 09, 2014, 12:15:56 PM
I won't say I've *never* forgone sex to play a video game, but it is quite rare for me.  Also, I always made up for it later.  ;D 




Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
....
Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

I did that once. Was I tired! *sigh*
Only once?!  Hell, that used to be my MO back in the day.  ::)

Missing one night's sleep I did all the time. But I only missed THREE nights' sleep once. If you consistently missed three nights' sleep, my hat's off to you.
My apologies; I somehow managed to miss that salient detail.  (Note to self:  Read posts more thoroughly!)  :-[ 

Nope, you've got me beat there, Greybriar.  For better or worse.  :P 

Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Greybriar on January 09, 2014, 08:50:31 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 09, 2014, 12:15:56 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
....
Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

I did that once. Was I tired! *sigh*
Only once?!  Hell, that used to be my MO back in the day.  ::)

Missing one night's sleep I did all the time. But I only missed THREE nights' sleep once. If you consistently missed three nights' sleep, my hat's off to you.
My apologies; I somehow managed to miss that salient detail.  (Note to self:  Read posts more thoroughly!)  :-[ 

Nope, you've got me beat there, Greybriar.  For better or worse.  :P

Apologies accepted, of course. I have misread posts myself. Thanks for acknowledging your mistake.
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: endfire79 on January 09, 2014, 08:54:04 PM
somehow I thought the first post in this thread was going to be a spam ad for Preparation H
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: Gusington on January 09, 2014, 09:43:57 PM
HA it should be
Title: Re: You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 09, 2014, 09:54:18 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on January 09, 2014, 08:54:04 PM
somehow I thought the first post in this thread was going to be a spam ad for Preparation H

all ads on Grogheads are for Aveeno, proud supporter of Grogheads worldwide.