Well weekend is here and now the Christmas/New Year has long gone, it's time for some gaming
Football Manager 2014 will be my choice game along with some F1 2013 and DTM Experience
Football Manager 2014 has really grabbed my attention. My minions are really pissing me off and I often find my head in my hands (just threw ANOTHER 2 goal lead away to lose 5-2!!). I often look at the team talks and wiching I could sack the bloody lot of them. Contracts are due to run their course at the end of the season - alot of chaff will be leaving.
Apart from those stalwarts, probably a fire up of an FPS or two.
Tonight will be some Arma III editor shennanigans - im going to try and do a small patrol mission
Tomorrow is my first forray into EUIV as Austria, i know its not a recommended first country set up, but ive always played France, England, Spain, Portugal, fancy some land locked trading necessity
Sunday, i have a list of things GF MK III wants to do to me after a prolonged absence, i may be devoid of all bodily fluids by the time i get out and onto a PC
I'm in the mood for some World War II games, so I may be playing something like Unity of Command (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-UOC/unity-of-command), Panzer Corps (http://www.matrixgames.com/products/399/details/Panzer.Corps.), Hearts of Iron III (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-HOI3TFH/hearts-of-iron-3-their-finest-hour), Panzer General II (http://www.gog.com/game/panzer_general_2), and/or Strategic Command (http://www.gog.com/game/strategic_command_european_theater).
It'll be Avernum: Escape From the Pit and something else. What, I don't know, but, there will be something else.
Shameless fun with Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (seriously, this game kicks a$$).
I'll probably also play some Killzone on my new PS4 and finally round things off with some Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. Good times.
FSX here.. Maybe some Rome II on the side..
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 10, 2014, 05:55:19 AM
Football Manager 2014 has really grabbed my attention. My minions are really pissing me off and I often find my head in my hands (just threw ANOTHER 2 goal lead away to lose 5-2!!). I often look at the team talks and wiching I could sack the bloody lot of them. Contracts are due to run their course at the end of the season - alot of chaff will be leaving.
I'll be doing that and once my frustration with my ineptitude finally overwhelms me I think I'll check out more of
Wasteland 2.
Hopefully some more Col4 with the RaR mod. And Deadlock.
Like Greybriar, I will be contnuing my Eastern Front campaign in Panzer Corps, maybe firing up some Unity of Command, and surveying the mod features of Rome II as well as the Caesar in Gaul DLC.
Distant Worlds and working on my theme for it.
Darkspire
Red Dead Redemption. I'm a little over half way done with the story.
I'm really getting into the zen of Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Lots to like and it's still in Alpha. I can't wait to see the final product.
I've got some World at War: Blood and Bridges and Operation Garbo to do this weekend. Also some Field Commander: Alexander and possibly some Down In Flames.
If time permits I'm going to try to take Cheesefaire FC to another win in Football Manager Handheld 2014. I hope I get beat like a stepchild, so KyzBP doesn't continue to hate. 8)
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
I've got some World at War: Blood and Bridges and Operation Garbo to do this weekend. Also some Field Commander: Alexander and possibly some Down In Flames.
If time permits I'm going to try to take Cheesefaire FC to another win in Football Manager Handheld 2014. I hope I get beat like a stepchild, so KyzBP doesn't continue to hate. 8)
You don't fancy doing an AAR re Blood and Bridges? I bought it over a year ago and it got bumped for Band of Heroes and then bumped again for Battle of Britain
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
Also some Field Commander: Alexander
I have looked at picking this up a number of times do spill the beans on how well it plays.
SWTOR and Distant Worlds
Time to eradicate the infestation of heretics....
Hope to play and review:
Space Hulk: Death Angel (Card Game)
I hope to have time this weekend, for some FSX, Falcon 4, and Distant Worlds.
Need to post some more tutorial info on my site and a Enemy Engaged AAR.
PE
Quote from: LongBlade on January 10, 2014, 09:06:58 AM
I'm really getting into the zen of Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Lots to like and it's still in Alpha. I can't wait to see the final product.
Yep. It's very entertaining. I had to stop.
MEANWHILE on the Friday front: I will be crushing Crassius as a Parthenian in the extension to AJE. He turned up to save Antioch and the top Parthenian General with the best Parthenian troops crossed a river and defeated him. Crassius kept coming and crossed the same river to collide with the Army of the King of Kings, which also defeated him,whereupon the first army recrossed the river (it was targetted on him) and defeated him. He fled south and was defeated again, bounced north and was defeated again and ended up back where he started. All his balls are red after that very busy month. Five defeats wears out a guy.
And then some RoF and CMFI.
Euro Truck Driving Simulator 2014 : Gives me flashbacks when I was defending the frontiers of freedom in Germany.
ARMA III : New graphics card arrives today and what better way to put it through its paces?
Rocksmith 2014: Just got my new Epiphone SG 1961 reissue with sweet P-90 pickups. Gonna learn Pinball Wizard by the WHO
Pathalogic: Strange game from 2005. Just playing it for about 10 minutes is enough to let you know that this is one weird ass game.
Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 10, 2014, 09:23:47 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
I've got some World at War: Blood and Bridges and Operation Garbo to do this weekend. Also some Field Commander: Alexander and possibly some Down In Flames.
If time permits I'm going to try to take Cheesefaire FC to another win in Football Manager Handheld 2014. I hope I get beat like a stepchild, so KyzBP doesn't continue to hate. 8)
You don't fancy doing an AAR re Blood and Bridges? I bought it over a year ago and it got bumped for Band of Heroes and then bumped again for Battle of Britain
I'm open to it. I need to write up a review of Operation Garbo at least, maybe both, for GrogHeads. I've only skimmed the rules thus far though.
Quote from: Bison on January 10, 2014, 09:24:52 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
Also some Field Commander: Alexander
I have looked at picking this up a number of times do spill the beans on how well it plays.
I'm needing to write up a review of this as well, which is why both of these games top my list. This review is for...gasp, I know...another publisher. If Grogs wants one I can certainly do that too, but I committed to these other folks first, so...
But I do love me some solitaire board games. The closest game meetup to me where I could do multiplayer in person is out in Katy, which is 40 miles away (I know, I worked there for over a year), so it's tough to make that commute. Especially because they hold an all-day session in a Chinese buffet, and I'm trying to lose weight, not die of sodium poisoning, LOL.
My first FRIDAY post!
I'm planning to play Solar War that I just picked up this week. Think of it as Aurora lite.
Also may try the original EU:Rome. Just picked it up for $2.50 and am looking for what mod to install for it.
Quote from: bobarossa on January 10, 2014, 10:22:30 AM
My first FRIDAY post!
I'm planning to play Solar War that I just picked up this week. Think of it as Aurora lite.
Also may try the original EU:Rome. Just picked it up for $2.50 and am looking for what mod to install for it.
I've got Solar War. Not a bad game. I think there is a thread on it around here somewhere.
WELCOME BOBAROSSA. I've been stuck for some time on the 2nd battle from CMFI's Troina campaign. It's a real bear. One company right up the side of a mountain where the not numerous Germans can apparently see, hear, and smell everything I try. It's like fighting an army of telepaths and easily one of the toughest CM fights I've ever had. I'm going to try to make a little more progress up the Hungry Mountain as I call it but it's so frustrating I can only play a few turns at a time. So, for fun it's back to Skyrim where I'll imagine every Bandit I kill is a German with a pair of binoculars in his hand.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2014, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on January 10, 2014, 10:22:30 AM
My first FRIDAY post!
I'm planning to play Solar War that I just picked up this week. Think of it as Aurora lite.
Also may try the original EU:Rome. Just picked it up for $2.50 and am looking for what mod to install for it.
I've got Solar War. Not a bad game. I think there is a thread on it around here somewhere.
I checked it out...I'm kind of intrigued. I love aurora but just get tired hitting the time increment thing. JH....doesn't seem to be a ringing endorsement
Tonight is HoS MP testing.... or maybe date night.....
Tomorrow is my continuing campaign in EU IV and some boardgame goodness in the form of The Hunters.
Same fer Sunday.... should really work on finishing review of America Conquered fer Grogheads too...
Still going strong & steady with Wings Over Flanders Fields. It may become my Longblade equivalent of Orcs Must Die 2. :)
I've actually been wanting to fire up some more Strike Fighters 2 series for some cold war jet action but can't pull myself away from my WOFF campaigns, they're so fun. I also have numerous cold war tabletop dogfighting games to break out so I know some SF2 would help get me moving on that (especially want to finger out the unique Birds of Prey system). Damn yous World War One !!1
I'm also gonna do some initial play-learning of A Touch of Evil from Flying Frog and perhaps another solitaire tabletop on a whim, time allowing. Need moar time!
For the vegetation state of gaming, I'll do some FOF7. See if my rookie drafting skills have become better or worse since the older version.
Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2014, 07:02:00 AM
It'll be Avernum: Escape From the Pit and something else. What, I don't know, but, there will be something else.
How is Escape from the Pit..... I got it free some time ago but never have installed.
PE
I plan to at least get in some Rome II (what else? ::) ) and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (again, what else?).
I'm also feeling the pull of Distant Worlds: Shadows, Imperialism II, and (especially) Crusader Kings II, although I doubt I'll have much time for any of those three (sadly).
Most of my weekend will be spent continuing my current Austria ironman campaign in EU IV. The first 6-8 game years were slow but it has begun to pick up. Started with what I thought would be a quick war against the Hansa in order to force them to release Hamburg. My allies Bohemia and The Palatinate held off the Teutonic Order while I dealt with the Hansa themselves. They bled themselves dry on man power (and cost me warscore) but managed to keep the Teutonic Order off of me. I lost almost 3/4 worth of my total manpower reserves to attrition alone. Spent a year recovering manpower then went to war against Salzburg which ended with me forcing them to become my vassal. About 12-15 years in now and the HRE states are finally beginning to duke it out and I should start to see a flood of liberation CB's shortly.
I might also get some DW: Shadows, FC:RS, or Command time as well, but that will depend on if I can pull myself away from EU IV.
Quote from: mikeck on January 10, 2014, 10:58:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2014, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on January 10, 2014, 10:22:30 AM
My first FRIDAY post!
I'm planning to play Solar War that I just picked up this week. Think of it as Aurora lite.
Also may try the original EU:Rome. Just picked it up for $2.50 and am looking for what mod to install for it.
I've got Solar War. Not a bad game. I think there is a thread on it around here somewhere.
I checked it out...I'm kind of intrigued. I love aurora but just get tired hitting the time increment thing. JH....doesn't seem to be a ringing endorsement
Its got some cool ideas, like its emphasis on officers and the effects of their individual stats. But its very no frills game. For instance, I don't think there is a single sound in the game. Also, the entire game takes place in our solar system, so although you can establish outposts and settlements on other planets and moons, you cannot expand beyond Pluto. I also find the turn-based tactical combat pretty sparse and uninspired.
Going to be Darkstar One and Armada 2526 pbem. I am already happy if i manage to play these.
I plan to play "keep an eye on the heat pump to make sure it was repaired" along with some Command (to try out Build 483), some World at War A World Divided (finally picked up this one from the Matrixgames sale. Always balked at the $26 price in recent years, but caved this year in a moment of weakness/drunken stupor :))....and some Spacebase DF-9.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
I've got some World at War: Blood and Bridges and Operation Garbo to do this weekend. Also some Field Commander: Alexander and possibly some Down In Flames.
If time permits I'm going to try to take Cheesefaire FC to another win in Football Manager Handheld 2014. I hope I get beat like a stepchild, so KyzBP doesn't continue to hate. 8)
I've moved past hate. I'm up to loathing...
Some more Skyrim for me having finally bought it last week and being very pleasantly surprised about how much I like it, I generally prefer the old school Avernum / Baldurs Gate / Eschalon type RPGs. I'm also in an ancients mood so possibly some EU Rome or Hannibal - Rome and Carthage.
P.S. Bobarossa in regard to EU Rome rather than starting off with mods I'd recommend just making sure you are patched up to v2.36c Beta available in the Paradox Rome forum Tech Support section (I'm assuming you have EU Rome Gold)
Quote from: KyzBP on January 10, 2014, 06:05:36 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM
I've got some World at War: Blood and Bridges and Operation Garbo to do this weekend. Also some Field Commander: Alexander and possibly some Down In Flames.
If time permits I'm going to try to take Cheesefaire FC to another win in Football Manager Handheld 2014. I hope I get beat like a stepchild, so KyzBP doesn't continue to hate. 8)
I've moved past hate. I'm up to loathing...
Ha! A new rivalry emerges!
Quote from: PanzersEast on January 10, 2014, 12:37:15 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2014, 07:02:00 AM
It'll be Avernum: Escape From the Pit and something else. What, I don't know, but, there will be something else.
How is Escape from the Pit..... I got it free some time ago but never have installed.
PE
I got it in 2012 as I was in an RPG mood. Which is unusual for me as I don't play RPG's (without pencil, paper and dice). I played for a month or so and then moved on to other things. I was checking my Steam inventory around Christmas and saw that I hadn't played Avernum since right after the new year, so, being in the mood, I fired it back up.
I don't really have anything to compare it to as I don't play that genre. I will say that the graphics are very low tech. And I spend a lot of time completing quests for fun and profit. I am just now starting to get into the main storyline quests and making decisions that will effect me for the rest of the game.
Being away from it for almost a year, it wasn't hard to get back in to and if you are feeling an RPG, it's not a bad choice.
I'm only going to commit to Aces High 2 and Skyrim right now.
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on January 10, 2014, 06:26:22 PM
P.S. Bobarossa in regard to EU Rome rather than starting off with mods I'd recommend just making sure you are patched up to v2.36c Beta available in the Paradox Rome forum Tech Support section (I'm assuming you have EU Rome Gold)
I've got 2.32c right now. Many of the mods claim to be updated to run with that. I haven't checked to see what got fixed after that yet. The forums are fairly dead.
You never no what condition things are left in with EU games. If the mods don't actual fix anything, I may just skip them for the moment. I know the last patch for EU3 broke something and you had to replace the executable with the previous version to fix it.
An update on Steam eliminated the save file for my dwarf in Tales of Maj'Eyal (as if there weren't enough sudden death from within the game). So I think I'll concentrate on my Rome 2 campaign. Also, since I caught myself mulling over buying the preorder of Men of War: Assault Squad 2, I thought it best to actually try playing number 1, which I've owned since just after it came out.
Rome II, 7 Days to Die, Lord of the Rings Online and finish up my Pandora campaign. That and watch the NFL playoffs makes this a very enjoyable weekend.
^I didn't know you played Rome II...
I should think that Steelie would look the part in a toga and sandals.
I thought that was the uniform in the retirement village he lives in :)
I just tried Unity of Command for the first time, finishing the tutorial. What a beautiful game...just seeing a sample of what can be done in the tutorial and I think I'm falling in love.
Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2014, 11:59:38 AM
For the vegetation state of gaming, I'll do some FOF7. See if my rookie drafting skills have become better or worse since the older version.
Seems like fof7 will be getting its first patch in a week with updates and some new graphics. I am holding off to see what they improve.
Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2014, 05:13:48 PM
I just tried Unity of Command for the first time, finishing the tutorial. What a beautiful game...just seeing a sample of what can be done in the tutorial and I think I'm falling in love.
It is a great game. Enjoy! 8)
Unity of Command and Panzer Corps look like they are going be be my gateway games to a deeper, more hardcore addiction.
Actually played a load of Football Manager 2014 and Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory - not sims played at all
Played Space Hulk: Death Angel Card Game which has great mechanics but is very brutal. I tried several games and my last run I assembled just the teams I thought would slaughters Genestealers..... I managed to get to the last room with just losing 2 of my marines, but a super stack of Genestealers emerged and I did not activate the control panel (misjudged) that would have emitted all spawned Genestealers (also a role for every marine as they couple be teleported as well) but in the end, we fought bravely and died bravely, surrounded by Genestears and 2 Broodlords. The Heritics won again.
I also have the expansions, but have yet to integrate them into the fold..... must win first.
Played a little Distant Worlds and LOTR: Card Game...... very nice game!
All in all, I find it refreshing to take a break from PC gaming and start a new found appreciation for board/card gaming I have not had before. I like it because I get resolution in one setting, and there is great tension and build up throughout the game. My time was short this weekend so I hope to have more time during the week.
PE
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 12, 2014, 05:57:06 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2014, 11:59:38 AM
For the vegetation state of gaming, I'll do some FOF7. See if my rookie drafting skills have become better or worse since the older version.
Seems like fof7 will be getting its first patch in a week with updates and some new graphics. I am holding off to see what they improve.
I know some of the graphics in the modding contest have been picked. I'm also not playing much until the update.
Spent a lot of my time over the weekend playing some tabletops. Certainly helps if you ever get digital gaming burnout.
After a couple solo games of
Arkham Horror, it gave me the wherewithal to
Eldritch Horror. I do so love AH but holy hell.. the massive amount of table space and time required!! Reportedly a better situation in the new one so I better try it instead of requiring even more table space for an AH expansion.
Between my tabletops, WOFF, and some Marvel Heroes Online, I'll be plenty busy until FOF7 gets patched with new shinies. ;D