Just now trying to learn this game, went through the tutorials and now want to set up an 'easy' level game to get a feel for it and how it all fits together. In the options screen, next to each of the AI empires are buttons for difficulty settings for each AI empire separately. The manual says: "The last button determines the difficulty of the A.I. player, ranging from
Easy to Vicious". If I set an AI empire at 'easy' does that mean it is easier for the AI player and thus harder for me (the opposite of what I want), or does it make it easier for me? The manual doesn't clarify this. Thanks.
Quote from: Rayfer on January 10, 2014, 03:06:31 PM
Just now trying to learn this game, went through the tutorials and now want to set up an 'easy' level game to get a feel for it and how it all fits together. In the options screen, next to each of the AI empires are buttons for difficulty settings for each AI empire separately. The manual says: "The last button determines the difficulty of the A.I. player, ranging from
Easy to Vicious". If I set an AI empire at 'easy' does that mean it is easier for the AI player and thus harder for me (the opposite of what I want), or does it make it easier for me? The manual doesn't clarify this. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure 'easy' means the AI is easy which means it is less of a challenge for you. This is how it has been in any game I have ever played. I've never seen it as the reverse as you suggest.
Yes Easy = easy for you
You might also want to turn pirates off to start with, doesn't necessarily make it any easier for you but you won't have to worry about paying them off or not every time the alert comes up, you can concentrate on spending your money on other things but then so can the AI.
Thanks guys....appreciate the quick relies.