Norb and Jim will be discussing the next Scourge of War project over at The Strategy Wargamer's site and will have a live podcast tonight at 9pm EST, that's 02:00 GMT. Here's the teaser pic posted at SOW's website.
Listen to the podcast over at The Strategy Wargamer (http://the-strategy-wargamer.tumblr.com/)'s site.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.norbsoftware.com%2FNSDTeam%2FMattC%2FSOW_wip_03.jpg&hash=4911e245a42fbbe9a2896ab0eb6d57baf8ca1a29)
That looks like Europe. :o
That's what I was thinking.
Looks like a Waterloo battlefield.
^^^ Waterloo was what I thought of first.
If it is Waterloo, given how much I've enjoyed thier Civil War games this might be enough to peak my interest in the Napoleonic Era.
if memory serves me well that looks like the Huguenot farm and the orchard in the middle of the battlefield
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimagizer.imageshack.us%2Fv2%2F800x600q90%2F833%2F4iro.jpg&hash=cf359e51ef70a29b70de4f86040036816d742fac) (https://imageshack.com/i/n54iroj)
yup! La Haye Sainte
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi74.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fi259%2Ffigdude%2F02%2FMischak13%2FLaHayeSainte3.jpg&hash=0f1612ce0bf79a2c9184bfefb55171bc8ddf6fcd)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.waterloo200.org.php5-20.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F07%2FLa-Haie-Sainte-Copy.jpg&hash=d1b730ccc03f61e5cb657596c21937f0f8910294)
gents, we are GOOD!
lmao!!!
id be very interested in a norb-ed napoleon
and the google map location:
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=La+Haye+Sainte,+1380+Lasne,+Walloon+Brabant,+Walloon+Region,+Belgium&ie=UTF8&hl=en&oi=georefine&ct=clnk&cd=1&geocode=FSlJBQMdzVFDAA&split=0
solved - NEXT!!!!
I'm pretty sure that's Fredricksburg.
we have pictures and maps placing it at Waterloo Ice Man.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2014, 07:43:36 PM
That looks like Europe. :o
That was the first thing I said before even scrolling down.
Northern Virginia looks like that, too.
Podcast going live any moment https://plus.google.com/events/c68v0o8a65qdume1v3s9r8cirho (https://plus.google.com/events/c68v0o8a65qdume1v3s9r8cirho)
Suspense is killing me:)
They're live now tune in!
Waterloo is it from the podcast....
Toonces, we've matched the exact building in the screenshot.
They provisionally want to include the following battles but as they said there is a lot up in the air so they can't guarantee including anything beyond Waterloo but Jim said they want, Quatre Bras, Ligny, Waterloo, Wavre
Sounds like very early in development and long way off for release....but still good news to give us something to look forward.
did they say how far out they were?
They didn't really give specifics just that they are still a ways out.
They've said they would like to to include an Operational Campaign, they have said they want to include it in a sandbox style mode if possible.
Awesome! Napoleonic era - though i hope that more than just waterloo as done as that battle gets focussed on too much and massive battles and the gripping events from battles such as Wagram, Borodino, The Crossing of the Berezina, Dresden , Leipzig and the Penisular campaigns, all get too often overlooked.
Borodino in particular is a battle which needs a good game!just go and look up the images from epic borodino battle panorama musuem!
Lingy interests me as it seems to always get overlooked within the Waterloo campaign.
They've also said their semi hard deadline is no later than June 2015.
Norbs first ever commercial game that he helped work on was Waterloo Napoleon's last battle... interesting.
Jim and Norb now talking about how they want to make SOW as modable as possible so players can create their own battles and even possibly campaigns. So if a player wants x battle they can easily make it. They are working heavily on making the game more modable than it is now.
Norb "we have plans to return to the American Civil War but not until after Waterloo"
Quote from: HistoricalGamer on January 10, 2014, 10:02:02 PM
Norb "we have plans to return to the American Civil War but not until after Waterloo"
Bummed about that being put on hold....was hoping it limped along too
developer supported modding is a great thing. some of my most loved games have had the largest mod communities despite being difficult to do.
Quote from: Dolan50 on January 10, 2014, 08:01:35 PM
That's what I was thinking.
Looks like a Waterloo battlefield.
I'm late to the party but Napoleon era is also the first thing that popped into my mind.
Now, if they would do the Franco-Prussian War...
... followed by Boer War, S-A War, R-J War, and finally... ;)
Stag they said they want to open the game up as much as possible and if a user wants a battle they want them to be able to recreate that battle. Now how well an engine built for Civil War / Napoleonics will fit into a Franco Prussian war I don't know but it sounds like it should be doable if you want to create it.
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 10, 2014, 11:11:06 PM
Quote from: Dolan50 on January 10, 2014, 08:01:35 PM
That's what I was thinking.
Looks like a Waterloo battlefield.
I'm late to the party but Napoleon era is also the first thing that popped into my mind.
Now, if they would do the Franco-Prussian War...
... followed by Boer War, S-A War, R-J War, and finally... ;)
Africa would be nice and new.
Quote from: HistoricalGamer on January 10, 2014, 10:02:02 PM
Norb "we have plans to return to the American Civil War but not until after Waterloo"
I realize I'm the party pooper here, but I am glad to hear this. There is a lot more of the Civil War I'd like to see before we move on to other wars. Just my opinion, of course.
youre not a party pooper.
you just dont know historical architecture. ;)
Im willing to chalk it up to the magnetic influence of your giant watch and sun stroke.
Better figure out a way for brigades to keep their regiments in straight lines. Half the time my brigade looks like an * with crossed crossed units firing all over. That's my one annoyance.
Finally. I'm not too fond of ACW anyway.
You already have two Napoleon games similar to this: Napoleon Total War and Les Grognards.
Scourge of War is the only game that does American Civil War in this manner. So I say let TW and LG have Napoleon and let SoW stick with ACW. Now stick those acronyms in your pipe and smoke them!
Napoleon total war is nice bit it is woefully woefully woefully unrealistic and its playable scenario battles are just comical versions little better than imperial glory's battles and ca play too loose and cliched with history.
Histwar is probably the one that could stand in parallel with Sow , but i dont know how finished a game it is.
I like that the game would be easily moddable as really thats all that is needed to then help make all the other battles and it will be good to have european landscapes as the road to wagram sow modd just doesnt look right with the mid 19th century usa landscapes
Someone asked Jim during the podcast if they were looking at doing any of the earlier Napolonic Battles he pointed out that they are looking at changing their business model away from releasing constant Battle-packs and making the game modable so the players can create their own historic battles and campaigns and thus allow Norbsoft to focus on improving the core game and adding features each release.
Obviously he also put out there that a lot of this stuff is in flux and subject to change but that's their thought process at this time.
Quote from: Toonces on January 10, 2014, 11:59:02 PM
Quote from: HistoricalGamer on January 10, 2014, 10:02:02 PM
Norb "we have plans to return to the American Civil War but not until after Waterloo"
I realize I'm the party pooper here, but I am glad to hear this. There is a lot more of the Civil War I'd like to see before we move on to other wars. Just my opinion, of course.
Although I am glad they are giving Waterloo a go, I do wish they could come up with a model to also keep releasing ACW packs along the way too. I know they say they will come back to it, but if the Waterloo game is likely a year and half away plus it usually takes them a long time between packs, we are likely talking many years before they come back.
Quote from: Toonces on January 11, 2014, 01:00:04 AM
You already have two Napoleon games similar to this: Napoleon Total War and Les Grognards.
Scourge of War is the only game that does American Civil War in this manner. So I say let TW and LG have Napoleon and let SoW stick with ACW. Now stick those acronyms in your pipe and smoke them!
I'm with you on this one, Toonces. I'd much rather them stick to ACW. If they were to take the system to another period, then my vote would be ECW / 30year war, which are sadly neglected topics.
I have always hoped that TW would pick up on this period as well, but I seem to have read somewhere that the next planned TW will be Empires II.
I'm wondering if this is going to work for the developers, particularly considering the significant scale increase.
Numerous well-known US civil war battles were skirmishes in terms of troops involved compared to Napoleonic battles. A battle like Waterloo (and the rest of the 100 days) might be OK, on a similar scale as Gettysburg until the Prussians arrive, but if they move further back to before the invasion of France in 1813, they'll face the problem that Napoleonic campaigns tended to feature fewer crucial smaller battles (in terms of troops involved) than Civil War battles and they'll have to cover several really large battles.
The invasion of France 1813-1814 would be an option with the scale for the current engine in mind, although playing as the French would be very challenging.
The engine would also need to represent the more formal way of fighting in Europe during Napoleonic times, and the even lower accuracy of weapons than in the Civil War (although a musket from 1815 would be about as accurate as a musket from the 1860's I guess, it's mostly smoothbore weapons or rifles that saw an improvement in accuracy).
It depends on the period and theatre in napoleonic wars, towards the end, fighting was less rigid with much more skirmishing being done, also the wars are full of smaller battles , just have to read any decent work , - like the battle of teugn hausen in1809 or the battles around and
Leading up to the battle of the nations at leipzig, which was massive but went over several days so it wasnt hundreds of thousands fighting all at once, also you can break larger battles down into component battles like in Sow gettysburg.
This is probably the best way to do the scale and Sow seems already to know how to do this
But also ii would like to see more from the american civil war as there are still dozens of battles to do, like shiloh, chickamauge, fredricksburg etc
I dont understand why CA hasnt done a Civil War total war game yet, some of the ETw mods looked spectacular
There is still alot to do everywhere in all the periods and it is bizarre that still after 30+ years of pc gaming the 30 years war and English Civil War are virtually non existent - i think Cossacks might be the only game
Quote from: HistoricalGamer on January 10, 2014, 09:36:01 PM
They've said they would like to to include an Operational Campaign, they have said they want to include it in a sandbox style mode if possible.
I would defintly like to hear more about this feature.
I would love to be able to play an operational level PC game similar to this game on my computer.
7 Days of 1809 [OSG]
It's been awhile since I've been bitten by the Napoleonic era bug,but I remember having many hours of fun with this game 4-5 years ago.
http://bigboardgaming.com/7-days-of-1809-osg/
Quote from: agathosdaimon on January 11, 2014, 07:55:21 AM
I dont understand why CA hasnt done a Civil War total war game yet, some of the ETw mods looked spectacular
Although I wouldn't mind seeing an ACW version of total war, I think there are a couple of potential reasons.
- For the most part, only two factions, North and the South....unless you tried to model outside assistance from other countries.
- What kind of diplomacy would be in the game? Maybe with outside countries for possible intervention and food/supplies, but what else?
- It seems this game series does better with swords then rifles....
- Would only cover a short period of time, assuming you were confined to the original war years
etc.
Don't get me wrong, I would buy it on sight, but thinking these might be some of the reasons it hasn't happened....
I seem to remember a similar discussion a while back, and the problem of there only being 2 factions. One idea, if I remember, was to tie it in to a general Victorian Period game that could also include stuff such as colonial wars, Crimean war, the 7 weeks war, the Franco-Prussian war and so on.
Would still prefer 30 year war / ECW though :)
Well i guess the turn scale would need to be different, it would need to depart from some of the limitations of the usual formula.
Regarding a pc game Dolan - i urge you to check out Campaigns on the Danube on the matrix games website. That game is fantastic and elegant i find and models detailed fog of war, supply trains, hospitals, stragglers, weather and various factors can not only hinder your armies movements, but can even delay the return of messengers which means information delays which must factored in.
Get it while the matrix games sale,is on, only 28dollarsAUD atm for a boxed copy plus download.
Quote from: ComradeP on January 11, 2014, 07:18:15 AM
I'm wondering if this is going to work for the developers, particularly considering the significant scale increase.
Numerous well-known US civil war battles were skirmishes in terms of troops involved compared to Napoleonic battles. A battle like Waterloo (and the rest of the 100 days) might be OK, on a similar scale as Gettysburg until the Prussians arrive, but if they move further back to before the invasion of France in 1813, they'll face the problem that Napoleonic campaigns tended to feature fewer crucial smaller battles (in terms of troops involved) than Civil War battles and they'll have to cover several really large battles.
The invasion of France 1813-1814 would be an option with the scale for the current engine in mind, although playing as the French would be very challenging.
The engine would also need to represent the more formal way of fighting in Europe during Napoleonic times, and the even lower accuracy of weapons than in the Civil War (although a musket from 1815 would be about as accurate as a musket from the 1860's I guess, it's mostly smoothbore weapons or rifles that saw an improvement in accuracy).
I disagree here. Some civil war battles were skirmishes is comparison but the battles modeled by SoW were not.
Chancellorsville, Gettysburg and Antietam (and for that matter Wilderness, spotsylvania courthouse, Shiloh) were just as large if not larger than Waterloo with well over 160,000 combatants and 20 percent casualties. Most of the ACW battles lasted for days as well.
So while I would love a Waterloo battle, I think it's a mistake to say the developers might have trouble having not developed battles that big
mikeck: Like I said, the 100 days, Waterloo and the invasion of France are similar in scale in many ways, but not the earlier battles. Leipzig involved over half a million men. Like agathosdaimon points out, a battle like Leipzig could be broken into components, but that massive number of men was still there.
A quick look on wikipedia for a figure gives a bit over 100.000 for Antietam and Shiloh, and indeed a higher number than Waterloo for Chancellorsville. However, the 100 days were exceptional in the sense that neither Napoleon (who couldn't mobilize enough men in such a limited timeframe) nor his opponents (whose armies moved towards France one by one) had enough time to field the armies they fielded during the times when France was at war with Prussia, Russia, Austria, Britain and their smaller allies.
QuoteIt depends on the period and theatre in napoleonic wars, towards the end, fighting was less rigid with much more skirmishing being done, also the wars are full of smaller battles , just have to read any decent work , - like the battle of teugn hausen in1809 or the battles around and
Leading up to the battle of the nations at leipzig, which was massive but went over several days so it wasnt hundreds of thousands fighting all at once, also you can break larger battles down into component battles like in Sow gettysburg.
True, the smaller battles were there, but they were rarely decisive. None of the battles fought from the end of the Russian campaign up to Leipzig were as decisive as Leipzig turned out to be, and the outcome of Leipzig itself was an anomaly of sorts. Likewise, the victories of Napoleon in France were irrelevant because he couldn't stop the entirety of the allied forces, the means to do so were just not available.
This is as opposed to the US Civil War where the terrain and more limited number of available forces meant delaying actions or smaller battles could have a decisive influence on the course of the campaign of that year. On the other hand, there were also few disasters that destroyed most of an opposing force or at the least its ability of engaging in offensive action.
Quote from: HistoricalGamer on January 10, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
They provisionally want to include the following battles but as they said there is a lot up in the air so they can't guarantee including anything beyond Waterloo but Jim said they want, Quatre Bras, Ligny, Waterloo, Wavre
Seems like a must buy for me! Great 8)
Quote from: ComradeP on January 11, 2014, 11:27:38 AM
mikeck: Like I said, the 100 days, Waterloo and the invasion of France are similar in scale in many ways, but not the earlier battles. Leipzig involved over half a million men. Like agathosdaimon points out, a battle like Leipzig could be broken into components, but that massive number of men was still there.
A quick look on wikipedia for a figure gives a bit over 100.000 for Antietam and Shiloh, and indeed a higher number than Waterloo for Chancellorsville. However, the 100 days were exceptional in the sense that neither Napoleon (who couldn't mobilize enough men in such a limited timeframe) nor his opponents (whose armies moved towards France one by one) had enough time to field the armies they fielded during the times when France was at war with Prussia, Russia, Austria, Britain and their smaller allies.
QuoteIt depends on the period and theatre in napoleonic wars, towards the end, fighting was less rigid with much more skirmishing being done, also the wars are full of smaller battles , just have to read any decent work , - like the battle of teugn hausen in1809 or the battles around and
Leading up to the battle of the nations at leipzig, which was massive but went over several days so it wasnt hundreds of thousands fighting all at once, also you can break larger battles down into component battles like in Sow gettysburg.
True, the smaller battles were there, but they were rarely decisive. None of the battles fought from the end of the Russian campaign up to Leipzig were as decisive as Leipzig turned out to be, and the outcome of Leipzig itself was an anomaly of sorts. Likewise, the victories of Napoleon in France were irrelevant because he couldn't stop the entirety of the allied forces, the means to do so were just not available.
This is as opposed to the US Civil War where the terrain and more limited number of available forces meant delaying actions or smaller battles could have a decisive influence on the course of the campaign of that year. On the other hand, there were also few disasters that destroyed most of an opposing force or at the least its ability of engaging in offensive action.
At chancellorsville, there we're over 170,000 combatants. Same at wilderness. Gettysburg was about 160,009. Spotsylvania had about 155,000. Now I know there were some napoleonic battles which were a bit bigger but the idea here is to duplicate Waterloo. Surely they can do that since many civil war battles were just as large or larger.
For me, the issue is appearance and order. It's one thing for a US civil war army to look like a
Mob but not a napoleonic European army. They have to find away or keep the regiments from going everywhere and pointing in different directions
A Napoleonic army is a very colourful army in terms of appearance, many unique uniforms for unique units. If done well, it will look awesome. If not done well, people interested in the period will feel something is missing.
Considering the somewhat rudimentary graphics of individual units in the Scourge of War series, the new engine would have to include substantially more detailed unit models to make uniforms truly stand out.
I do not envy their graphics artist, he has a lot of work to do if they want to do it right.
Oh sure, I spend one evening completely with Wifey, and look what I missed!
I think the best part of this news is that they're making the engine more moddable.
As much as I love SoW...I prefer histwar:Napoleon. The graphics are better and formations are better. The AI...not so much
:o
Quote from: mikeck on January 11, 2014, 06:48:02 PM
As much as I love SoW...I prefer histwar:Napoleon. The graphics are better and formations are better. The AI...not so much
Upcoming 3d models coming for histwar
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,7816.0.html
Quote from: mikeck on January 11, 2014, 06:48:02 PM
As much as I love SoW...I prefer histwar:Napoleon. The graphics are better and formations are better. The AI...not so much
This isn't just a new map for the same game, while Jim stated certain graphical elements will be the same to be able to provide the scale they want I don't think it's fair to criticize the formations yet when the game isn't even out yet. Scourge of War Waterloo will have a lot of upgrades under the hood. It is a bit premature to say how it will play out.
Welly criticism concerns how regiments and brigades interact on the battlefield...often facing weird directions with one regiment wondering off I to the distance. No semblance of lines. I have played it since tc2m so I think that criticism is fair
I think the Operational layer they talked about has me the most interested. I have histwar as well and i'm not really looking to get another napoleon era game, but if they are going add a feature like an operational layer I'm sold.
if they add that operation layer then i urge the developers to look at Frank Hunters Campaigns on the Danube and also Wargamer 1813 - that has an excellent operational campaign level - an easy interface with lots of options that just work with right click popup menus
Man, if I ever retire someday... I will be in gamer heaven. ;D
Quote from: mikeck on January 11, 2014, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: ComradeP on January 11, 2014, 11:27:38 AM
mikeck: Like I said, the 100 days, Waterloo and the invasion of France are similar in scale in many ways, but not the earlier battles. Leipzig involved over half a million men. Like agathosdaimon points out, a battle like Leipzig could be broken into components, but that massive number of men was still there.
A quick look on wikipedia for a figure gives a bit over 100.000 for Antietam and Shiloh, and indeed a higher number than Waterloo for Chancellorsville. However, the 100 days were exceptional in the sense that neither Napoleon (who couldn't mobilize enough men in such a limited timeframe) nor his opponents (whose armies moved towards France one by one) had enough time to field the armies they fielded during the times when France was at war with Prussia, Russia, Austria, Britain and their smaller allies.
QuoteIt depends on the period and theatre in napoleonic wars, towards the end, fighting was less rigid with much more skirmishing being done, also the wars are full of smaller battles , just have to read any decent work , - like the battle of teugn hausen in1809 or the battles around and
Leading up to the battle of the nations at leipzig, which was massive but went over several days so it wasnt hundreds of thousands fighting all at once, also you can break larger battles down into component battles like in Sow gettysburg.
True, the smaller battles were there, but they were rarely decisive. None of the battles fought from the end of the Russian campaign up to Leipzig were as decisive as Leipzig turned out to be, and the outcome of Leipzig itself was an anomaly of sorts. Likewise, the victories of Napoleon in France were irrelevant because he couldn't stop the entirety of the allied forces, the means to do so were just not available.
This is as opposed to the US Civil War where the terrain and more limited number of available forces meant delaying actions or smaller battles could have a decisive influence on the course of the campaign of that year. On the other hand, there were also few disasters that destroyed most of an opposing force or at the least its ability of engaging in offensive action.
At chancellorsville, there we're over 170,000 combatants. Same at wilderness. Gettysburg was about 160,009. Spotsylvania had about 155,000. Now I know there were some napoleonic battles which were a bit bigger but the idea here is to duplicate Waterloo. Surely they can do that since many civil war battles were just as large or larger.
For me, the issue is appearance and order. It's one thing for a US civil war army to look like a
Mob but not a napoleonic European army. They have to find away or keep the regiments from going everywhere and pointing in different directions
While Waterloo for most of the battle involved about 130,000 men...if you include all the forces that were within a few hours march of the battle field, there would be more like 300,000 on hand.
Were not talking about nearby...fact is Waterloo was no larger of the battle then Gettysburg Chancellorsville, wilderness, Spotsylvania Courthouse or any other number of US Civil War battles. The point being that the scourge of war engine could certainly handle a battle such as Waterlow
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 11, 2014, 09:31:13 AM
Quote from: agathosdaimon on January 11, 2014, 07:55:21 AM
I dont understand why CA hasnt done a Civil War total war game yet, some of the ETw mods looked spectacular
Although I wouldn't mind seeing an ACW version of total war, I think there are a couple of potential reasons.
- For the most part, only two factions, North and the South....unless you tried to model outside assistance from other countries.
- What kind of diplomacy would be in the game? Maybe with outside countries for possible intervention and food/supplies, but what else?
- It seems this game series does better with swords then rifles....
- Would only cover a short period of time, assuming you were confined to the original war years
etc.
Don't get me wrong, I would buy it on sight, but thinking these might be some of the reasons it hasn't happened....
There are probably more roadblocks to such a thing. Such as CA (the developers) being British. In my experience, the Brits generally don't care about the ACW so I certainly wouldn't expect British devs to even consider it.
Besides that, the lack of faction variety is a killer. I thought the variety in Shogun 2 was pushing the limits. ??? We should just hope Norbsoft creates a good meta-campaign in the distant future for SOW.
Quote from: Hentzau on January 12, 2014, 07:34:57 PM
Man, if I ever retire someday... I will be in gamer heaven. ;D
You still won't be able to play even a fraction of what's available out there! :P
They will need to make some significant changes to the SOW engine to pull this off. Also, I really think they will need to dump the low res 2D sprites.
The period wasn't know as the "tailor's wars" for nothing.
Still, I can't wait to see how it comes out.
i think the 2d sprites for SOW are actually pretty good - the best sprites i have ever seen and they look good up close and far away, in fact it looks more like a painting with teh 2 sprites then it does with say 3d figures like in NTW - the 3d figures in rome2 though look pretty good and move well, but i doubt SOW would be able to go down that route.
as far as napoleonic battles, i think ones like those surrounding the final crossing of the berezina could be prety decisive, in terms of trying to just save lives of fleeing french rather than victory - actually i would love to see an operational campaign around that alone - one where the player would need ot figure out where to build the bridges and how to stop the russians from knowing the location for long enough and then for the russians if played against the french AI - the french AI would be dynamic in that it may not always choose the studianka location for the crossing - - but perhaps thats just a smaller campaign within a larger game.
Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 13, 2014, 07:43:02 PM
Also, I really think they will need to dump the low res 2D sprites.
The period wasn't know as the "tailor's wars" for nothing.
Given they've said they need the game to play with 50,000 sprites on screen at the same time and they are increasing the number of uniforms substantially, and they need to be able to support the SOW AI which HAS to be more resource intensive than the drone that is the AI of TW I doubt that will be an option.
Quote from: HistoricalGamer on January 18, 2014, 04:08:57 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 13, 2014, 07:43:02 PM
Also, I really think they will need to dump the low res 2D sprites.
The period wasn't know as the "tailor's wars" for nothing.
Given they've said they need the game to play with 50,000 sprites on screen at the same time and they are increasing the number of uniforms substantially, and they need to be able to support the SOW AI which HAS to be more resource intensive than the drone that is the AI of TW I doubt that will be an option.
Exactly.
SOW can be a resource hog already, in large battles. We're not talking twenty units per side on a 1kmx1km map here.
There's a shortened podcast, if you missed it or simply didn't want to sit through an hour long podcast check out the below video for the highlights of the launch announcement for Scourge of War: Waterloo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md1EKet-PAc&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md1EKet-PAc&feature=youtu.be)
Wont let me embed for some reason.
Did not want to start a new thread so I Necro'd this one
There has been too good mods for scorch of war here recently. They already had a Blenheim mod which is great...and now they have released a Fontenoy mod and a Dettingen mod
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/63307-fontenoy-mod
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/media/kunena/attachments/174/screen0105_2014-07-09.jpg
Quote from: mikeck on March 19, 2015, 01:54:41 PM
Did not want to start a new thread so I Necro'd this one
There has been too good mods for scorch of war here recently. They already had a Blenheim mod which is great...and now they have released a Fontenoy mod and a Dettingen mod
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/63307-fontenoy-mod
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/media/kunena/attachments/174/screen0105_2014-07-09.jpg
Nice. I imagine after
Waterloo is released, we'll see a number of mods for it.