GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Toonces on January 22, 2014, 08:25:38 PM

Title: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Toonces on January 22, 2014, 08:25:38 PM
I saw this posted over at SimHQ:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance?ref=live

Looks pretty neat.  I'm not a kickstarter kind of guy, but if I was going to kickstart something, this is the type of game it would be. 
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Nefaro on January 22, 2014, 08:39:15 PM
Sounds like a Mount & Blade but with less focus on being a warlord.
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 22, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
One thing I like about this is the fact finally a medieval game that doesn't feel the need to include fantasy like magic and dragons and such...always wanted this type of game where it stays realistic versus adding in the fantasy part.
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Gusington on January 22, 2014, 09:17:17 PM
There's a very long write-up on it over at Rock Paper Shotgun too if you're interested. It's not only a Kickstarter but a traditionally developed game too.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/22/mega-impressions-kingdom-come-deliverance/
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Martok on January 23, 2014, 08:33:44 AM
SoM started a sizable thread about this one last month: 

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8679.msg217553#msg217553

Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Tpek on January 23, 2014, 10:04:24 AM
Tsk... another KS project that uses GBP instead of any other currency, thereby forcing you to input CC details and making me unwilling to back it.
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: MengJiao on January 23, 2014, 02:05:10 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 22, 2014, 08:39:15 PM
Sounds like a Mount & Blade but with less focus on being a warlord.

  So true.  In fact you are a blacksmith in the game.  I guess that gives you a headstart on crafting.
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Skoop on January 23, 2014, 03:37:16 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 22, 2014, 08:47:45 PM
One thing I like about this is the fact finally a medieval game that doesn't feel the need to include fantasy like magic and dragons and such...always wanted this type of game where it stays realistic versus adding in the fantasy part.

Yes, yes, yes... I refuse to buy skyrim because of all that fantasy crap.  I wanted war of the roses to be the medieval rpg but it's a MP focused game like BF4 with swords.  I will definitely keep my eye on this one.
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: son_of_montfort on January 23, 2014, 10:31:13 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 23, 2014, 08:33:44 AM
SoM started a sizable thread about this one last month: 

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8679.msg217553#msg217553

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that this went the Kickstarter route. I'll likely wait until the retail release, as I have no real desire to be in early access or beta.
Title: Re: Medieval RPG on Kickstarter
Post by: Yskonyn on January 24, 2014, 05:23:15 AM
Me neither, but it does look like it needs to stay on my radar!