Well - the weekend is here (last weekend before the 6 Nations Rugby Tournament kicks off...so I need to fit some gaming in this weekend.
I plan on starting my F1 2013 career
I need to make progress on my World at War:Blood and Bridges AAR
In Football Manager 2014 I need to review my players, get rid of some useless players (or at least not offer a contract) and start scouting
Try (for the love of god) to avoid the enemy in the first scenario of chapter 2 of ARMA III
And finally, I think I may do a couple of flights in FSX using Air Hauler
That'll do me.
As usual, i'll continue playing Darkstar One....it's getting harder and harder as i've made some bad decisions in the beginning of the campaign but i should be able to finish it at some point but progress in the campaign has been slow lately. Anyway...great game.
Armada 2526 Supernova pbem
On sunday, i'll be 4 hours in the train so it's going to be netbook time....Conquest frontier wars, Botanicula and Master of Orion 2.
I'm not sure what games I will be playing this weekend. Probably some XCOM and Panzer Corps but there are plenty of other games--way too many to list here!--that I may take a hankering to play.
Been having fun with Shadow Warrior. I also recently reinstalled war hammer 40k Dark Crusade and installed the FoK mod. I could just play around with the army painter and look at all the different models and units...it's simply awesome. My mom is in town so I won't have much time to get into anything too deep.
Continue a Warlock game on maxed out settings, trying to capture the Holy Sites. Some Civ IV MP with a couple of buds.
No frakkin' clue what I'm playing yet. I work the next seven nights, so won't have a lot of time for games.
Annual Guyz Weekend starts at noon today. 8)
6 of us will descend on my friends place for a weekend of board games, Halo 4 and lots of beer.
On the plate are Wings of War, Conquest of the Empire, Modern Naval Battles, Road Kill Rally, Munchkin and Halo 4.
I plan to be bombed by 4 and not stop until Sunday morning.
I'll try to post some pics of the chaos.
Do you ever tell your friends about us? Or are you too ashamed? ;)
SWTOR and something else maybe Warlock or some Mount and Blade.....
I'll be playing "Grading Finals" with the "paper cut" add-on. When that is done in between prepping for the new semester starting next week I'm going to try to fit in some "research time" with Rome II and maybe finally start the ARMA III campaign.
Wings Over Flanders Fields. Still. :D
I have a 40 Sqdn campaign running with the RFC, flying an SE5a in Winter 1917 right now but there remains so many other dates, squadrons, and aircraft types that I want to do. The single-player campaign in this game is forgeen awesome. One person who posted a screenshot at SimHQ made another great point about the game's new AI: "Finally! This is the first flight sim I can actually surprise the enemy. It is great to use the clouds and sun for cover."
I generally play at least a couple missions every day, sometimes many more. Been doing so since mid-December when it came out. That's highly unusual for me to do with a single game. 8)
Otherwise, I still have some free premium time left in SW:TOR. They just gave me an extra month free when I loaded it up on my new computer awhile back and re-subbed for a month. Still not sure if I'll be sticking around long but I do want to see how the open PvP and the new starship PvP stuff has shaped up at some point. Also been doing some Marvel Heroes online regularly for some straightforward Diablo 3 style multiplayer.
My table is currently open so it will get filled with something soon. I started up a B-29 Superfortress campaign recently but wasn't quite in the mood for it just yet. I may try finally fingering out some other solitaire-capable game like Labyrinth or The Republic of Rome if I feel like reading some rules. Probably end up putting sleeves on my Marvel Legendary card game sets if those come in today, as they should. That would take some time considering how many of them there are. :o
I have a number of tabletop games I need to break in since I've been playing less PC games and more of those lately. It helped get past that "meh" burnout stage I hit awhile back. Yet my "To Play" list has grown even larger.
Finally beat the Caledones and united the British Isles under the Iceni in Rome II...now its time to colonize mainland Europe and paint the map blue with woad.
Quote from: MetalDog on January 24, 2014, 07:25:58 AM
Do you ever tell your friends about us? Or are you too ashamed? ;)
Oh they know about you all.... but they don't know where this place is..... ;)
Rome 2. Playing as Rome, I just finished off the Etruscans. I know that should've been done long ago, I'm about 70 turns in, but I let them keep Corsica out of generosity and then the treacherous bastards stabbed me in the back. I've also gotten re-hooked on the Sicilian Vespers mod for M2TW and will lead France in turning back the Moorish hordes and saving civilization while eating a sandwich at the same time.
EUIV has it's hooks firmly into me. Just reaching the point in my Castile (soon to be Spain after I deal with those traitorous dogs in Aragon) where I am able to see the new colonization mechanics. So far I'm a little unimpressed with the new colonial nations. At first glance I don't see any advantage to me as the colonial power in having them. Right now my army is busy in Europe so going after the Mayan and Aztecs is going to have to wait.
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 24, 2014, 08:31:44 AM
Rome 2. Playing as Rome, I just finished off the Etruscans. I know that should've been done long ago, I'm about 70 turns in, but I let them keep Corsica out of generosity and then the treacherous bastards stabbed me in the back. I've also gotten re-hooked on the Sicilian Vespers mod for M2TW and will lead France in turning back the Moorish hordes and saving civilization while eating a sandwich at the same time.
I always let the Etruscans hang around on Corsica too. Partly I think because I wish the game was more focused and I wish the focus was on an earlier period. It would be such fun taking Veii from the Etruscans in around 400 BC. Games have such a limited view of amusements (paradoxically). It's supposed to be fun to be a blacksmith in 1403 AD or the Whole Roman Senate in 272 BC. Surely the real fun is somewhere in between, but games rarely seem to get to that point. Even Birth of Rome starts after 300 BC. I suppose the excuse is something like "But Americans have never heard of the Etruscans!" Come on! What about the Faliscans! The brave 300...er...Faliscans!
But I'm probably going to be playing DCS: Su-25T. And CMFI and RoF and ARMAIII mostly. anyway.
Going to try a new Rome 2 game vanilla with the new beta patch.
Still trying manage my galactic monarchy in distant worlds and will definitely find time for flashpoint campaigns
A Rome II beta 9 campaign as the Carthaginians again
Invade Hungary as Austria in EUIV and take back the Emperors land theyve stolen
Finally found a conclusive, instructive Lets Play of PrON - i might actually get past the menu screen
Every Friday I get ideas in my head as to what I'm playing, and every Friday something comes up to change all of that. My graphic design skills at my new job are making the execs request more and more designs for their presentations, which is taking me away from the training material I need to do. So I'll probably be doing some e-learning stuff this weekend. Yay me. On the positive side I might be able to convince them to let me have a new 24" monitor at home to use as a second screen for my laptop.
I want to, at least, get to learn Space Hulk: Death Angel and play some Field Commander: Alexander. Otherwise some Civ V, probably tonight...yesterday's game had me miss out on founding a religion and I'm pretty upset about that. How dare those AI zealots mess up my game by not letting me set up my own zealout-ness?
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 24, 2014, 01:33:44 PM
Invade Hungary as Austria in EUIV and take back the Emperors land theyve stolen
I allied with them in my current Austrian game. Right now I'm hoping I can maintain my Austria/Hungary/Bohemia power block if Burgundy or France comes calling for imperial territory. Hopefully Bohemia and Hungary don't decide to go to war anytime soon.....
I found out the other night, that if your are the curia controller, you can break royal marriages without suffering from the stability hit. Used it as Castille to break off my royal marriages with Aragon and Burgundy. Me and Aragon where good friends until their first ruler died, then the declared me a rival and broke off our alliance. I was able to maintain a decent relationship with them but not enough for them them to un-rival me and re-accept a alliance offer. Was hoping the Castile/Aragon royal marriage event would fire but now that I have all the other requirements I'm tired of waiting for it. Now Aragon must be forced out of Spain. Two wars in and I've pushed them back to 3-4 provinces on the coast, along with wiping out most of their navy.
Lord help me, I resubscribed to Wow again, but just for a month. That's my story. A month. Also plan to play some X-Com.
I've been enjoying Tomb Raider, and I'll likely continue playing that. My Gridiron Solitaire team is ready to face down season #2. And I've been receiving quite a few board games from local trades and the recent Canadian Math Trade, so I'll be reading rulebooks and at least try a few of them out this weekend...so that I can prepare a list of used stuff I might send off to one of the online stores who will give out store credit for them. ;D
Quote from: Kushan on January 24, 2014, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 24, 2014, 01:33:44 PM
Invade Hungary as Austria in EUIV and take back the Emperors land theyve stolen
I allied with them in my current Austrian game. Right now I'm hoping I can maintain my Austria/Hungary/Bohemia power block if Burgundy or France comes calling for imperial territory. Hopefully Bohemia and Hungary don't decide to go to war anytime soon.....
I found out the other night, that if your are the curia controller, you can break royal marriages without suffering from the stability hit. Used it as Castille to break off my royal marriages with Aragon and Burgundy. Me and Aragon where good friends until their first ruler died, then the declared me a rival and broke off our alliance. I was able to maintain a decent relationship with them but not enough for them them to un-rival me and re-accept a alliance offer. Was hoping the Castile/Aragon royal marriage event would fire but now that I have all the other requirements I'm tired of waiting for it. Now Aragon must be forced out of Spain. Two wars in and I've pushed them back to 3-4 provinces on the coast, along with wiping out most of their navy.
i will be getting stuck into the game on Saturday, all this talk of cavlary and infantry got me lost in reinstalling Napoleon Total War with Darth Mod, particularly after seeing some sexy screenshots elsewhere
I'm finally learning how to play Steel Beasts Pro so I'm sure I'll spend some more time with that.
As I'm feeling in a ground combat type of mood lately, I might play with ARMA 2 or Combined Arms as well.
Rounding out the weekend, BMS Falcon.
Quote from: Toonces on January 24, 2014, 11:01:17 PM
I'm finally learning how to play Steel Beasts Pro so I'm sure I'll spend some more time with that.
We've got to connect for some co-op dude.
Trying to enjoy Insurgency Coop, but the official release patch has changed something with its netcode and I've yet to be able to play a full round without disconnecting.
They also changed a few things that I think were poor decisions, but still a fun tac-shooter
I was just looking at that on Steam. Looks very interesting.
Got a Civ MP going and I am Spain. I'm ahead in Tech, but Alexander and Napoleon have warred on me almost since the beginning. My nation has only seven cities, but the army is experienced. Unfortunately, it's too small. Me and nappy are the same religion but he keeps trying to take my cities. Hoping to have a period of peace to build infrastructure and ramp up production.
I'm envious of you Barthheart. Most of my real life friends are either not gamers or if they are they're married and thus shackled to responsibilities like I am.
This weekend I'm slowly losing my will to do anything other than play Dominions 4. I'm feverishly prepping myself to enter another MP game soon. I might even host one if I can figure out how to do that in Dom4. It might be fairly easy to do I wouldn't know though. Like I said all of my attention these past few days has been with my current SP game.
So far all I've played is Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm all weekend. ::)
It appears I've gone all medieval tonight. Just got done some King Arthur and now I think I'm gonna boot up some CK2.
I did some more Civ V on a map I've not played yet, Small Continents. But, a Large map. I'm surprised at how much faster it actually runs on my poor old computer; seems my usual go-to maps, Terra or Continents Plus, run really reeeeeeally slow in the mid-to-late game. But this map, it's moving like a breeze.
Oh, and did return to Dragon Age: Origins for a bit - hadn't played since before the holidays. I'm still very early on and just released Sten from prison. A bunch of frikkin' wolves slaughtered my party, so I quit and decided to finish an episode of Chuck I'd been watching, followed by Hansel and Gretel, on Netflix.
My son's 15th b-day is tomorrow, so not sure how much gaming I'll get in. Since part of his haul is going to be game cards I imagine he's going to want to keep his head down for a few hours tomorrow. :)
Quote from: smittyohio on January 24, 2014, 03:37:21 PM
Lord help me, I resubscribed to Wow again, but just for a month. That's my story. A month. Also plan to play some X-Com.
hows the methadone working? ;)
I'm busy modding maps for Flashpoint Campaigns. Haven't had much chance to actually play anything. :D
Man CK2 is a great game. I don't know how you can only understand 50% or less of what a game is doing and still enjoy it, but there it is! ;D
Quote from: Toonces on January 26, 2014, 03:23:17 AM
Man CK2 is a great game. I don't know how you can only understand 50% or less of what a game is doing and still enjoy it, but there it is! ;D
this happens to me every time - currently reading the war of the roses book, full of family trees and if she married him, then he could do this, and they have a claim and blah blah blah - CKII goodness all over
Inspired by others, I may well dig out 'Blood and Bridges' for a couple of scenario's. I also have an urge to do a 'Desert Heat' AAR, although my photographic skills are noticeable by their absence.......
So far for me it's been FSX AirHauler and continuing my vanilla Rome 2 Campaign (I should get moving to I can either try out these MODs that all are talking about, or do a Caesar one).
Got my arse kicked in one of the shortest Total War campaigns I've ever played as the Iceni on Friday...25 turns and I was wiped out! Harsh. The new patch for Rome II has clearly improved the AI in many ways :( much to my chagrin.
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 12:23:54 PM
Got my arse kicked in one of the shortest Total War campaigns I've ever played as the Iceni on Friday...25 turns and I was wiped out! Harsh. The new patch for Rome II has clearly improved the AI in many ways :( much to my chagrin.
hmm.. I play on my Son's ID in offline mode.. Maybe I'll have to wait till I finish before signing in to update it. So ego won't get crushed!
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2014, 12:23:54 PM
Got my arse kicked in one of the shortest Total War campaigns I've ever played as the Iceni on Friday...25 turns and I was wiped out! Harsh. The new patch for Rome II has clearly improved the AI in many ways :( much to my chagrin.
I've not cracked open
Rome II since I downloaded the beta 9 patch, but you've got me thinking I need to change that very soon. Let the ego-crushing commence! :P
^Yeah man, I can't wait to see what happens to some of the rest of you. 'Geek and I think Bawb had similar experiences. I've been playing Iceni exclusively this go around...my recent axing has me looking at a pimped out (modded) Suebi, perhaps a pimped out Nervii, and after that...the Spartans. Can't wait for that.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fweaponsandwarfare.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2008%2F04%2Fspartanhoplite-1deas3h.jpg&hash=6d47e97a9fd9a16b2eb55e4c5d065f8212a59eb4)
Never thought my weekend would be playing totally Gridiron Solitaire...but it was:) Time to move onto something else for today......this morning I have been playing the hunter, which has been pretty cool....just concerns me if I get hooked, I can see a lot of money needed to the cool toys.
for me it turned into a EUIV session - whilst i enjoy the grandeur of steering a nations future, i like the personal touch of CKII and steering the ambitions of my leader as opposed to the land
What it has led me to is that i have 2 great games on my hard drive - CKII and EUIV that have been unappreciated - and i intend to give them so more love this week
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 26, 2014, 07:59:48 PM
for me it turned into a EUIV session - whilst i enjoy the grandeur of steering a nations future, i like the personal touch of CKII and steering the ambitions of my leader as opposed to the land
What it has led me to is that i have 2 great games on my hard drive - CKII and EUIV that have been unappreciated - and i intend to give them so more love this week
Have you played a whole game of CK2 and then used the converter and carried on through a whole game of EU4 yet?
Played distant worlds longer than I ever have. Have a great game set up with "scarce" colonies so things are tense. It's me and 2 other races neck and neck. I just refitted me fleet and places some re supply ships at strategic locations surrounding the enemy territory to help with refueling. War soon!
Also played quite a bit of Rome 2 with the beta 9 patch. Having a blast as Rome although I had a he of a time beating the Etrusceans while keeping Carthage and Libya from declaring war on me
Ended up staying up way too late playing OOTP 14. Good fun. I'm a horrible GM. I'm only into early July and am already 21 games back. :(
Made some fantastic progress in Darkstar One, now taking care of the systems occupied by pirates...it's getting fun again.
Also: played one scenario of Conquest: Frontier Wars and the battle of Port Republic in my campaign of Civil War 2: Generals
I managed to successfully complete the "Waking Nightmare" quest-dungeon in Skyrim outside of Dawnstar. Now to rent a U-Haul trailer and loot this Mother end to end!
Quote from: MengJiao on January 24, 2014, 10:29:37 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 24, 2014, 08:31:44 AM
Rome 2. Playing as Rome, I just finished off the Etruscans. I know that should've been done long ago, I'm about 70 turns in, but I let them keep Corsica out of generosity and then the treacherous bastards stabbed me in the back. I've also gotten re-hooked on the Sicilian Vespers mod for M2TW and will lead France in turning back the Moorish hordes and saving civilization while eating a sandwich at the same time.
I always let the Etruscans hang around on Corsica too. Partly I think because I wish the game was more focused and I wish the focus was on an earlier period. It would be such fun taking Veii from the Etruscans in around 400 BC. Games have such a limited view of amusements (paradoxically). It's supposed to be fun to be a blacksmith in 1403 AD or the Whole Roman Senate in 272 BC. Surely the real fun is somewhere in between, but games rarely seem to get to that point. Even Birth of Rome starts after 300 BC. I suppose the excuse is something like "But Americans have never heard of the Etruscans!" Come on! What about the Faliscans! The brave 300...er...Faliscans!
But I'm probably going to be playing DCS: Su-25T. And CMFI and RoF and ARMAIII mostly. anyway.
Well...what happened? I had a son get delivered (He's fine and so is his mother). It was epic in a Homeric, Odysseus and Calipso kind of way. Other than that I played Unity of Command. At some level Unity of Command resembles some of the typical childbirth manouvers: watch the ubilical, sluosh the water, get out fast.
Congrats to you and your wife, MengJiao! That's an awesome bit of news!!
Congrats to all MengJiao! :)
Congrats, MengJiao - have you signed him into Grog's yet? ;)
congrats man - but you seriously have to get priorities sorted!!!
gaming first!! :P
Quote from: bob48 on January 30, 2014, 11:19:08 AM
Congrats, MengJiao - have you signed him into Grog's yet? ;)
I think he's working on his Blog: "Thoughts about about the Moro Reflex". Like most babies I have known, in the first week or so
he gets startled and does something shockingly acrobatic. Luckily, this reflex fades pretty fast and then it is six months or so before the
acrobatic rolling starts.
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 30, 2014, 11:19:35 AM
congrats man - but you seriously have to get priorities sorted!!!
gaming first!! :P
YungMeng is a serious gamer in his own right. I looked on with some concern while his sister crept into the manloft and discreetly stepped on scrach Kampfgruppe or two. YungMeng grimaced and looked serious. It was probably "just gas" as they say about nearly everything a baby does, but still, I felt encouraged and suggested that his sister quit stepping on the Germans. With that, YungMeng, sighed and went to sleep. His sister said she was sorry and retrieved a few low-quality infantry companies from the bottoms of her socks.
Congratulations MengJiao ;D
Congrats Meng! I personally still use the "it's just gas" routine because it's usually true. And I fell in love a little bit with Unity of Command for a few weeks. Very elegant game.
Congratulations, MengJiao! Get the little tyke started on games ASAP - but wait until after that "everything goes in the mouth" stage that babies so love. ;)
Quote from: link=topic=9090.msg231514#msg231514 date=1391097192
Well...what happened? I had a son get delivered (He's fine and so is his mother). It was epic in a Homeric, Odysseus and Calipso kind of way. Other than that I played Unity of Command. At some level Unity of Command resembles some of the typical childbirth manouvers: watch the ubilical, sluosh the water, get out fast.
Congratulations,
MengJiao! Glad everyone is doing well. :)
Congrats Meng. Nine months ago was a slow time in gaming after all. Game now before the 3am "It's your turn" Feeding begins.
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 30, 2014, 01:17:36 PM
Congrats Meng. Nine months ago was a slow time in gaming after all. Game now before the 3am "It's your turn" Feeding begins.
So far YungMeng is the ideal gamer. All he does is eat, sleep and soil himself. Just add games and he'll be ideal! Unfortunately, I suspect he will resemble his sister and be far more interested in leaping and climbing and such than in eating small, cardboard Etruscans. Still, I am hopeful and I have the Etruscan
hors d'oeuvres lined up and waiting somewhere on the bookshelves.
Congratulations
Sorry I'm late to the party. congrats Meng!
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 30, 2014, 03:18:45 PM
Sorry I'm late to the party. congrats Meng!
Thank you all!
Congrats MengJiao! I remember when my soon to be 15 year old was a baby. He used to have to be rocked in his lil plastic cradle to stop the crying.. Would do a lot of gaming while rocking with my foot.. I think even remember playing Fighter Ace 1.5 on the Microsoft Zone with the cradle balanced on my lap. Luckily there were no accidents (only on the computer screen)!
About the only thing that would get my kids' attention when they were babies (my son just turned 15, and my daughter is about to turn 13 here in about a week) was playing Reader Rabbit or whatever it was called.
Congratulations Meng!
Congrats on YungMeng's safe arrival!
Congrats Meng!
Congrats, Meng!