GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: airboy on January 27, 2014, 08:26:58 PM

Title: Silent Service on GOG??
Post by: airboy on January 27, 2014, 08:26:58 PM
How well do Silent Service 1 & 2 which are now on www.gog.com hold up on a modern gaming system?

I have not played a sub sim since the very old GATO game. 

Some games translate well, others do not.  Would appreciate how they work today - not back in the day on an obsolete game system.
Title: Re: Silent Service on GOG??
Post by: Nefaro on January 27, 2014, 10:23:03 PM
Geez.  Those are really old.  I played the hell out of the first one back in the day but there have been numerous ones since  then that have expanded the genre immensely. 

I'm afraid these oldies aren't gonna get a revisit from me.  Hell.. there may be only one or two from near the DOS-to-Win95 era that would tempt me these days.  I already have SH3 through SH5, the latter two of which I still plan to revisit when in the subsim mood again (and willing to tackle the mod soup).
Title: Re: Silent Service on GOG??
Post by: Shelldrake on January 28, 2014, 01:47:35 PM
I have SS2 on my netbook for business travel but haven't spent a lot of time with it.
Title: Re: Silent Service on GOG??
Post by: MuzzyDev on January 28, 2014, 04:14:16 PM
Love that game!  I played many hours of it on an NES.