GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: bbmike on January 28, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

Title: Deadlock 1 & 2 on GOG
Post by: bbmike on January 28, 2014, 05:07:52 PM
I just recently started (http://www.aarcentral.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=44&sid=bcd05f089787cf80af39aabcb788ac52) playing Deadlock Planetary Conquest for the first time and it and it's sequel are now available on GOG. Not sure about Deadlock 2 yet but I'm having fun with Deadlock so far. I recommend it if you like classic turn based strategy games. Also check out fansite Gallius (http://www.galliusiv.com/Gallius_IV/Home/Home.html) for more Deadlock information.
Title: Re: Deadlock 1 & 2 on GOG
Post by: bobarossa on January 29, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
I don't remember these games at all.  The GOG reviews are universally good.  For $8 I'm tempted.  However I already have a dozen games on my PC waiting to be played.
Title: Re: Deadlock 1 & 2 on GOG
Post by: Arctic Blast on January 29, 2014, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on January 29, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
I don't remember these games at all.  The GOG reviews are universally good.  For $8 I'm tempted.  However I already have a dozen games on my PC waiting to be played.

Just a warning about trusting GOG reviews : they are almost universally good. 95% of the time they're just nostalgia from people who haven't actually played the game in at least 5 years.
Title: Re: Deadlock 1 & 2 on GOG
Post by: Greybriar on January 29, 2014, 10:19:06 PM
I enjoyed playing the Deadlock games back in the day, but it's been close to 20 years since the first one was released in 1996 and I can't remember much about it or its successor. I do plan on purchasing both of them from GOG.com but with so much on my gaming plate right now I believe I will wait awhile.

For those who haven't played either of the games in the Deadlock series (http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/deadlock-series), I suggest downloading a demo and / or watching a video of the games on YouTube.
Title: Re: Deadlock 1 & 2 on GOG
Post by: Nefaro on January 30, 2014, 08:04:00 AM
Pretty sure I still have the Deadlock 2 disk packed away with other oldies somewhere.

I recall, even years ago, that the game had interesting stuff but that it was quickly superceded by newer strategy games.  So it didn't have a long life span on my hard drive once the 90s were over.