GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Greybriar on February 05, 2014, 11:29:32 AM

Title: Has anyone tried Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941?
Post by: Greybriar on February 05, 2014, 11:29:32 AM
The latest Matrix Newsletter gives Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 (http://matrixgames.com/products/472/details/Germany.at.War:.Barbarossa.1941) top billing. There is even a demo (http://bit.ly/1aEqkGa) for those who want to give it a try.

Judging from the screenshots it reminds me a lot of Panzer Corps or some other game descended from Panzer General. So I am not too inclined to rush out and buy it or even take the time to download, install, and play the demo as I have too many games on my gaming plate as it is.

Is it different enough from the other beer and pretzels World War II PC games to warrant spending $19.99 for the digital version? Or should I just pass?
Title: Re: Has anyone tried Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941?
Post by: Al on February 05, 2014, 01:32:32 PM
This was discussed a bit in the Permanent Matrix Price Reductions thread   http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9040.15 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9040.15)

If you want an easy game to play and one that does get some regular developer support (at least on the forum, anyhow) - I think it's worth $20.
Title: Re: Has anyone tried Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941?
Post by: Greybriar on February 05, 2014, 04:37:15 PM
Thanks for the response, Al.

I missed Jim Cobb's review (http://grogheads.com/?p=2458) last September of Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 or else I probably wouldn't have started this thread.