GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on February 13, 2014, 07:22:04 AM

Title: loadout
Post by: jomni on February 13, 2014, 07:22:04 AM
Looks insane. They claim you can design weapons with billions of combinations.  Free to play but I suspect it is pay-to-win.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208090/
Title: Re: loadout
Post by: Tpek on February 13, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
I pre-ordered it and played the Early Access back in the day.

Was actually pretty fun for an area-shooter.

And I didn't see any "P2W" mechanics that are prevalent in other games.
(You could only buy cosmetics).

And the weaponcrafting was fun. Trying out all kinds of whacky weapon designs.
Title: Re: loadout
Post by: jomni on February 13, 2014, 05:14:00 PM
Thanks
Title: Re: loadout
Post by: RooksBailey on February 13, 2014, 08:35:00 PM
I've been playing this the last two or three days and I have to say it is a lot of fun.  Basically, the weapons customization of Borderlands mixed with the cartoonish wackiness of Team Fortress 2.  And therein lies the problem for me.  I LOVE TF2 and find Loadout to be a bit too similar to TF2 for my liking.  Don't read too much into this: Loadout is a fine game (and I agree with the above -  I didn't see any P2W elements; most of the real cash transactions seem to be for non-gameplay elements, like you avatar's look), but I just constantly find myself asking why play this when I can play the original?  Okay, Loadout does opt for a sci-fi aesthetic while TF2 is more about being a nostalgic Warner Brothers cartoon, but that is the only real distinction outside of the weapons customization that I see so far. 

Sorry, it's been a long day with an epic snow storm, so I am rambling here.  Long short: fun game; worth your time; a bit too much like Team Fortress 2.