GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 06:36:19 AM

Title: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 06:36:19 AM
Head on over to GOG.com and grab DK1 plus expansion, FREE for the next 24 hours. Thanks GOG! :)
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: steve58 on February 14, 2014, 08:57:59 AM
Thanks Shelldrake!
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 09:15:55 AM
Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P

I got the same message but the game was in my account within the hour.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: KyzBP on February 14, 2014, 09:20:14 AM
Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P

Same here.  I wonder how well this game has held up?
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Nefaro on February 14, 2014, 09:27:27 AM
Quote from: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Apparently there is such a long queue to get a free copy of this game that it takes time for them to add it to your account.
They even displayed a message saying so, telling me I'll be notified by email when they've added it to my account :P


I'm thankful they implemented a queue for this freebie.  They obviously learned from the last couple times how it could bring their bandwidth to a screeching halt for a time, which is never good.

If they hadn't done this, I doubt we would've been able to load their web pages in any decent amount of time.  ;)
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: mirth on February 14, 2014, 10:20:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Sir Slash on February 14, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Some other damned-good offers too. D&D's for 80% off and just released Ascalon Book 3. I might buy something just to support this site and their good work. Anybody had any negative experiences with this site?
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: mirth on February 14, 2014, 10:46:15 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 14, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Some other damned-good offers too. D&D's for 80% off and just released Ascalon Book 3. I might buy something just to support this site and their good work. Anybody had any negative experiences with this site?

My experiences with GOG.com have all been positive. I've purchased at least a half-dozen games through them over the past few years. No problems at all and picked up some classic games for just a few bucks each.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 14, 2014, 12:05:22 PM
Same thing here, a wait in store, but pfft, it's free. Plus this is no different then the time they put Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics up for free...although then it was more of a clusterf*ck so this must be their fix.  8)

Second Mirth's praise...GOG has never given me problems and they always have some great classic games for cheap. Never a problem installing or running anything thus far.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Tpek on February 14, 2014, 12:19:01 PM
I see it in my account as well (without having received an email about it).
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 14, 2014, 01:02:20 PM
Yep, it's in mine as well without me having to do anything. Sweet.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: mirth on February 14, 2014, 01:12:08 PM
I got it pretty quick too. Email notification and saw it in my library.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Wolfe1759 on February 14, 2014, 01:52:09 PM
Sheldrake - thanks for the heads up
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Staggerwing on February 14, 2014, 08:54:57 PM
Thanks a dungeon load Shelldrake!
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: undercovergeek on February 14, 2014, 09:13:01 PM
Did anyone ever play it at full moon?
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Martok on February 15, 2014, 03:46:56 PM
I got the email notification for this one, so I grabbed it right away.  I remember playing DungeonKeeper many moons ago, and I rather enjoyed the experience.  :) 

Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: BanzaiCat on February 15, 2014, 04:28:08 PM
I never played it before. Hoping to finish cleaning up my hard drive before I try to install it.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Nefaro on February 16, 2014, 12:05:19 AM
It probably looks pretty terrible nowadays.  Many of those 90s 3D graphics look like a splash of nondescript multi-colored vomit anymore.  Pretty rough stuff.

Makes me realize why my visual focus finally going bad.
Title: Re: Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!
Post by: Darkspire on February 16, 2014, 05:06:07 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 16, 2014, 12:05:19 AM
It probably looks pretty terrible nowadays.  Many of those 90s 3D graphics look like a splash of nondescript multi-colored vomit anymore.  Pretty rough stuff.

Makes me realize why my visual focus finally going bad.

I dug out my copy of Magic Carpet the other day and know what you mean about the GFX, TBH I think it gives them a certain charm, if the gameplay aspect today was taken as seriously as it was way back then the gaming world would not be so predictable. Dungeon Keeper's GFX are about the same, functional but the added 'walk about as a creature' is a nice touch.

Just wish they would make a HD remake of these games, Magic Carpet would be amazing.

Darkspire