Unfortunately, this week, Friday does not act like the traditional week ender it normally is. The weather has wreaked HAVOC with my work week. Allowing half a day in the last three days. So, I willl be working today and tomorrow along with a full week next week and most likely that Saturday, too. But don't feel to bad for me. I spent most of the last three days playing Warlock along with some games with the (future) Mrs.
Unfortunately I have to work this weekend but hope to fit in some Empire Total War - just playing vanilla for now. Any good mod recommendations?
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 07:14:59 AM
Unfortunately I have to work this weekend but hope to fit in some Empire Total War - just playing vanilla for now. Any good mod recommendations?
Darth.
I will continue to get my ass kicked in Heroes of Stalingrad. I miiiiiiiiight dabble with the new 2.03 patch for Flashpoint Campaigns, but I think I'm over that game. At least until they fix the horrible Sudden Death rule, maybe.
Going to be:
- Imperium Galactica: still fighting the Garthogs.
- Civil War Generals II: continue the battle at Harper's Ferry.
- Master of Orion 2 as the Klackons.
Long weekend here, Monday is Family day in Ontario. :)
More HoS playing and helping.
Some EU IV now that I have consolidated Spain.
Some Vassal work.
Some Honey Do List tasks...
Heroes of Stalingrad...a very well done game.
I'll be continuing with my Football Manager 14 game. I just gave the Dead State demo a short run. I'll be giving that a closer look this weekend but so far I'm pretty neutral on it. ALSO, as if I needed anymore games, I may pick up Heros of Stalingrad. I've been waiting for it for a long time and it sounds like it was worth the wait.
Contending with 2+ feet of snow. Once that is under control, checking in remotely for work. Then probably writing part of the GARPA for you people. And then...the Iceni march for Central and southern Europe to make contact with the Romans!!
Monday is President's Day here in the States so... my wife's off. That means the granddaughter or some other family related events. Don't they know there are wars going on that have to be won. And I don't see anyone else stepping-up. Just once I'd like to have SOMEBODY say, "Take the day off Slash. I'll defeat the Nazi's for you". Or," I'll turn back the Averni hordes today. You go to the beach. And don't worry about building that Delicatessen in Syracuse. I'll make sure it gets done". But noooo. Anyway it's Rome 2 and CMFI/BN for me. After I take my meds. :o
^Syracuse desperately needs a good deli.
I'm taking Ms. Migs away for a romatic weekend for Valentines. Hopefully, I won't have any time for gaming ;)
MetalDog, your title for this week's thread brought this to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlaJ4Y8UXY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlaJ4Y8UXY)
A Duck!
Which seemed fitting, since I will be continuing my CKII saga as Duke (duck?) of Salerno. It's not going especially well (although I did earn the honorific "The Dragon", which is cool).
I guess I'll continue my AAR of Heroes of Stalingrad. I'll also continue creating (I am writing it up, but haven't posted anything yet) my AAR for World at War:Blood and Bridges
I'll fire up DayZ a few times to see if any Morphine is showing up in my location. I've broken my leg and have to crawl everywhere...I can't find sticks or morphine ANYWHERE!. I am in a hospital in a town...but none has shown up as yet. Won't be long before some group see me and end my misery. I could make a splint if I could find sticks (you can't harvest wood at the moment) but I can't find them either.
What else...don't know
Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2014, 10:58:38 AM
^Syracuse desperately needs a good deli.
In my game the Macedonians burned it down. Which reminds me, I'm playing a lot of Rome II and CMFI and RoF and CLOD.
^Sounds a lot like the case in present day Syracuse NY.
I'll be happily bashing away at 'Heroes of the Blitzkrieg' as I'm now getting my head around the rules and one or two issues have been resolved (thanks Barth). In fact, I like the system so much I've just ordered the IDD expansion for it - but don't tell Mrs.B.
Quote from: bob48 on February 14, 2014, 11:58:04 AM
I'll be happily bashing away at 'Heroes of the Blitzkrieg' as I'm now getting my head around the rules and one or two issues have been resolved (thanks Barth). In fact, I like the system so much I've just ordered the IDD expansion for it - but don't tell Mrs.B.
And Heroes of Stalingrad too right? It's a download so Mrs. B won't even know you bought it.... ;)
Its on the list, Honest!
I'm watching the threads and following JD's AAR - my credit card fingers are all a'twitch........
I've got a ton of writing to do this weekend and some graphic design as well, but I will try to get some gaming in. Most likely some Starbound, which my son actually got me into and is annoyingly addictive (and yes, it is an early access game, I can't believe I just bought one of those after pretty much saying I never would...never say never I guess).
After about six, seven years of buying, finding, and downloading dozens upon dozens of gigs of music, I'm finally sitting down to organize everything, delete crap I don't listen to or never will listen to, and make sure each MP3 has a proper tag on it. I can't sync playlists to my Windows phone without using WMP, and my collection is such a mess that there's no way it could organize everything properly without going under the hood. I've been working on this off and on since last weekend and I'm not even halfway done with it.
Also want to do some more Gridiron Solitaire and some more of Baldur's Gate from the GOG.com D&D Master Collection.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2014, 07:30:18 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 07:14:59 AM
Unfortunately I have to work this weekend but hope to fit in some Empire Total War - just playing vanilla for now. Any good mod recommendations?
Darth.
Darth
Also worth mentioning..
Netflix will release Season 2 of House of Cards tonight. Excellent political-thriller starring Kevin Spacey
No Snow here, we got rain (what snow did fall melted was in the 30's here yesterday)!!!.. Clear Driveway!!!.. Though supposed to dump 5-10 inches on us Saturday night..
I ordered XPlane 10 America Regions from Amazon and it arrived today, so will be fooling around with that.
Continue my Rome II vanilla campaign.
Assign jobs to my AI pilots in AirHauler.
+1 on House of Cards.
Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2014, 01:33:55 PM
+1 on House of Cards.
+1
Haven't but watched five or so episodes of Season 1, but I'm going to go back and start over after I finish with
Chuck.
I'm rereading The Guns of August and have started fooling around with Commander: The Great War, France '14, and Squad Battles: The First World War. I'm going back and forth on picking up Heroes of Stalingrad.
Quote from: Rizik6 on February 14, 2014, 01:45:28 PM
...... I'm going back and forth on picking up Heroes of Stalingrad.
Just get it! 8)
I just restarted Might & Magic X - Legacy with a new party, so that will get some love. I'm also hoping my copy of Heroes of Stalingrad arrives today or tomorrow (I know I can download it. In fact, I have. But I would prefer to have the printed manual handy when playing). For some lighter fare, Dead Man's Draw has got it's hooks into me but good. I finally hit the third star in one of the tourneys.
Long weekend for me (hopefully). Tonight I will be spending some time with a bottle of scotch and Breaking the Chains. I got BtC set up last night, but ran out of time to start a game. Was a coin toss whether to set up Steel Wolves or BtC, but after trying to figure out how to use vassal for Steel Wolves the other night I chose BtC. I should probably re-read the rules for Steel Wolves anyway.
I'll be splitting my PC gaming time mainly between CK2 with the VIET mod and Skyrim (once I finish updating / re-installing mods). I also need to work on my Soviet Northern / Atlantic fleet imports and my next RSR scenario for Command. I may also try and get some Distant Worlds or Rome 2 in as well. More likely it will be DW, Rome 2 just doesn't hold my attention. I can see why others like Rome 2, and I want to like it, but I don't think the TW games are for me anymore.
Man, tough question for this weekend.
I think I'm going to commit to CK2, but beyond that I might just have to wait and see.
An actual weekend at home, all to myself, I have an MRI scan in the morning and then -
Restarting austria game in HRE - spreading the love not war
Expanding carthage thru Africa and updating the AAR for romeII
Buying, practicing and playing heroes of stalingrad
Staring at the banished countdown on steam
fm2014
After shoveling way to much snow this morning I decided to sit down and start a new world in Minecraft. I loaded it up and it set me down in a snow biome ... needless to say that might have been the fastest I have ever exited a computer game upon starting to play it.
Quote from: sandman2575 on February 14, 2014, 11:11:08 AM
MetalDog, your title for this week's thread brought this to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlaJ4Y8UXY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlaJ4Y8UXY)
A Duck!
Which seemed fitting, since I will be continuing my CKII saga as Duke (duck?) of Salerno. It's not going especially well (although I did earn the honorific "The Dragon", which is cool).
Thanks for the clip! Nothing like a little Python to get the laughter going :)
So I tried World of Tanks for the 360 today and I really loved it. So much that I created an account on my PC so that I can play there too! I you are a WoT player and want to pwn some noob look for me. My username is W8taminute strangely enough.
Oh hai, long weekend!
Board games tomorrow. I'm taking Small World, Zombicide and...something else. Not sure what yet. I'm also going to sit down and play some Combat Commander Europe this weekend. The rules have been read, and it seems pretty straightforward.
I finished Tomb Raider (and quite enjoyed it), so it's time for something else to knock from the pile. I'm leaning towards Metro Last Light and perhaps Fallen Enchantress : LH.
Quote from: Barthheart on February 14, 2014, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Rizik6 on February 14, 2014, 01:45:28 PM
...... I'm going back and forth on picking up Heroes of Stalingrad.
Just get it! 8)
Thanks for giving me the advice I wanted to hear. I picked it up. :D
New PC arrived. Time to install stuff.
^That's a rubbish job...but at least you've got shiny new.
Steam is your friend
^ +1.
In many ways, Steam is the devil...except when you have to do a new PC install. Then it is GOD.
I must be weird....I actually love to build new pcs and reinstall software:) feels like I am reborn and making a fresh start. I often find that I had a ton of games installed that I never played anyways. Nothing like a brand new start!
Quote from: Tuna on February 14, 2014, 01:26:50 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2014, 07:30:18 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 14, 2014, 07:14:59 AM
Unfortunately I have to work this weekend but hope to fit in some Empire Total War - just playing vanilla for now. Any good mod recommendations?
Darth.
Darth
Ultimate Commander or Empire Platinum?
I've got UC.
The American Revolution mod for ETW is also very good and very similar to Darth.
^Agreed there.
I also like getting shiny new, and installing everything. But I only like doing it once every 3-4 years.
I picked up Mark H. Walker's Heroes of Stalingrad this week.
Been waiting a long time for this one.
Going to give it a go this weekend.
Thanks,
Groggy
i started playing EUIV at 14:30, just looked up for a sandwich or a cuppa and fk me its 22:48!!
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 15, 2014, 05:49:35 PM
i started playing EUIV at 14:30, just looked up for a sandwich or a cuppa and fk me its 22:48!!
The Paradox games have a way with doing that.
Quote from: Kushan on February 15, 2014, 06:23:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 15, 2014, 05:49:35 PM
i started playing EUIV at 14:30, just looked up for a sandwich or a cuppa and fk me its 22:48!!
The Paradox games have a way with doing that.
I had this happen to me last weekend with OOTP 14. It was like 9 pm and next thing I know it's 3 am.
That's the best. It doesn't happen to me enough.
I just played Heroes of Might and Magic II for a couple of hours. The map is huge and I'm not even a quarter finished with the game yet.
Although I'd really like to get deeply into a game this weekend, I can't seem to find one that will scratch my itch. Perhaps tomorrow will find me playing a game all day and all night, like in the old days.