GW2 Escape from Lion's Arch content is insane, they destroyed Lion's Arch, I can hardly find my way the map around with all the destruction. I saw a hundred dead players on the map, never seen any thing like it before, it's crazy.
Quote from: SgtRock on February 18, 2014, 10:30:23 PM
GW2 Escape from Lion's Arch content is insane, they destroyed Lion's Arch, I can hardly find my way the map around with all the destruction. I saw a hundred dead players on the map, never seen any thing like it before, it's crazy.
Seriously?
I haven't seen this kind of content since Ultima Online. They started having huge monster spawns invade the cities. Everyone in town would fight off the hordes and there would often be dead noob bodies lying about after each one. Heh. Fun stuff.
And here I had thought such kinds of in-game events were long gone shortly after they left the cradle, replaced by weekend cash shop specials and generic bonuses. ??? I should check back into GW2 again.
Here's a guide to the event:
http://dulfy.net/2014/02/19/gw2-escape-from-lions-arch-achievement-guide/#more-76035
Yep. Very similar to the old school event I was talking about. I thought those had gone the way of the Dodo.
I've been thinking of checking out Neverwinter again soon, but perhaps I should also revisit GW2. Not sure if that would turn out well if I showed up in the middle of a city invasion since I've not played it in months. Like a noob again.
Quote from: Nefaro on February 20, 2014, 08:19:25 PM
Yep. Very similar to the old school event I was talking about. I thought those had gone the way of the Dodo.
I've been thinking of checking out Neverwinter again soon, but perhaps I should also revisit GW2. Not sure if that would turn out well if I showed up in the middle of a city invasion since I've not played it in months. Like a noob again.
No problem showing up as a noob with this one, just follow the mobs & check the map for the location of pop-up events once your inside, also checkout the link of the guide I posted. If you'd like to team up over the weekend, pm me.
I played a few minutes last night, but was reminded why it never held my attention all that long. I think the art style, and it's fantasy world in general, just rub me a bit wrong. Seems rather cheesy at times. *shrug*