GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on February 21, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

Title: Thief
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 21, 2014, 02:04:57 PM
I got a key for the new Thief game when I bought my new graphics card last year...and I got my key and I'm pre-loading now

but seriously...20GB?
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: Gusington on February 21, 2014, 03:23:36 PM
Ooh...looks like you're our guinea pig. Careful.
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: tgb on February 21, 2014, 07:21:17 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 21, 2014, 02:04:57 PM
I got a key for the new Thief game when I bought my new graphics card last year...and I got my key and I'm pre-loading now

but seriously...20GB?

Not surprising - 15-20 Gb seems to be the norn fir graphics-heavy AAA games. Total War Rome 2 required 24 Gb if I'm not mistaken.
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 21, 2014, 07:36:25 PM
Still don't feel comfortable about this one.....seems like they were pushing sale prices very hard on this title before even released, more so then I have seen other new titles...gave me a bad vibe:)

Hope to be wrong...I still need to play the original series I bought anyways:)
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: Gusington on February 24, 2014, 05:40:06 PM
For those who care, Thief seems to be doing OK over at Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/thief

Title: Re: Thief
Post by: -budd- on February 27, 2014, 10:27:59 PM
anybody play this long enough yet to give any opinions?
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: skeptical.platypus on February 27, 2014, 10:35:52 PM
I was surprised to see sales of Thief at reduced prices already; $25 - $35.
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 28, 2014, 02:40:40 AM
It wasn't available for me last night, so no.

I should provide a caveat...I didn't buy it - I got it free with my new Graphics card and as I'm such a prolific game buyer, there wasn't much on the AMD list I didn't have...so it was a case of having to pick it up...it's not my normal genre. I really like Splinter Cell Blacklist and kind of liked Dues Ex Revolutions and wanted to like Hitman Absolution - but those were more gadget related...ao I'm not convinced I'll get much mileage out of this.
Title: Re: Thief
Post by: bboyer66 on February 28, 2014, 08:47:40 AM
Most of the reviews have been pretty positive

Total Biscuits review is pretty thorough