GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on February 28, 2014, 09:03:38 PM

Title: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: jomni on February 28, 2014, 09:03:38 PM
Interesting.  Does the Indian region connect with the Middle East and Europe?

Is there a thread for this?
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: Kushan on February 28, 2014, 09:36:35 PM
Yes. The new map will include all of Europe, the middle east, and India. Not all that interested in India itself, but I do like how it will allow for more room for the horde tribes on the eastern steppes.
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 01, 2014, 03:37:52 AM
I wish I could get into this game.  I keep reading AARs and buying the DLCs but whenever I play, nothing ever, ever happens.  I just send my minion off to try and fabricate claims and then spend the rest of my time marrying off courtiers, appointing tutors, and wondering what the hell I'm doing wrong before quitting out of sheer boredom.
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2014, 04:48:03 AM
But are you marrying the right people to the right people...... it's just as easy to get claims this way
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 01, 2014, 05:00:18 AM
I guess but I play as a Duke because I still don't know what I'm doing and my forces are so puny that I can't do anything about most claims anyway.  Either everyone hates my guts because my culture is different and they revolt or some other claimant with a huge army screams MINE and marches in with a horde. 
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: undercovergeek on March 01, 2014, 05:02:19 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 01, 2014, 05:00:18 AM
I guess but I play as a Duke because I still don't know what I'm doing and my forces are so puny that I can't do anything about most claims anyway.  Either everyone hates my guts because my culture is different and they revolt or some other claimant with a huge army screams MINE and marches in with a horde.

Who are you playing?
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 01, 2014, 05:44:24 AM
Usually some minor Irish count or duke or some icebound Norwegian type.
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: jomni on March 01, 2014, 06:14:27 AM
All my CK2 dynasties are also unremarkable.  I always start small.
Title: Re: Crusader Kings 2 Raja of India
Post by: Nefaro on March 01, 2014, 03:31:52 PM
It often takes awhile before things get interesting in CK2 campaigns, especially if you start small.  It can certainly be a Wait-fest at various times, but that goes for all Pdox games like this to various degrees. 

I don't think things get nasty until you have a large amount of vassals, a large amount of courtiers, and some of your close family get notable traits.  As for those traits, the crazy stuff like Possessed or things like Ambitious and Envious tend to cause them to start doing some nasty/weird stuff and can trigger more events.  After awhile, between trying to keep your vassals under your thumb and your power-hungry or just plain mad family members from trying to kill you or your heir, it tends to get more interesting as a campaign ages. 

You still don't often see big "Wow!" moments when multiple things come together in some amazing way but they do happen.  Even then you don't get some big flashy notification putting it all together.. you have to figure that out for yourself.  It can be tough to do that sometimes, especially when you can't see the details of most plots going on around you.  So you still have to deduce much if your spymaster isn't a spy god.