GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Lord Zimoa on March 03, 2014, 06:12:18 AM

Title: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Lord Zimoa on March 03, 2014, 06:12:18 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrixgames.com%2Ffiles%2Fspotlight%2F196_image.jpg&hash=aae658dacecc196f79fe7f260aaf83a33d67764e)



Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War


This week we have for you on sale the grand strategy title Commander: The Great War. This game will be sold at the reduced price of $ 19,99. That is a discount of 50%! For the duration of the sale, the price for physical copies has been brought down from $ 49,99 to $ 29,99. Last week we released patch 1.4.2 for Commander, so this is a great opportunity to get into the game.

Commander: the Great War is the third game in the critically acclaimed Commander series and allows you to recreate one of the greatest conflicts in human history.

Get the game here:
http://bit.ly/1cwwPIQ (http://bit.ly/1cwwPIQ)
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: jomni on March 03, 2014, 06:25:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up.  I still don't have this game but I actually signed up for the iPad Beta.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Shelldrake on March 03, 2014, 07:40:14 AM
Great deal! I hope that there will be some Grogheads who take advantage of price reduction. I have certainly got my money's worth out of this game.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Anguille on March 03, 2014, 07:52:46 AM
A really cool deal...i really enjoy the game and just started a new campaign with the brand new patch. Go for it.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: bbmike on March 03, 2014, 08:17:39 AM
Wow, that came out of nowhere. Sold! Downloading now...  8)
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Gusington on March 03, 2014, 08:49:42 AM
Great game, you can't go wrong.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Rayfer on March 03, 2014, 09:46:55 AM
Was just on the Matrix site checking it out....are the sprites the only option or is there an option for nato-like counters?  And as an aside....I really wish Matrix would change their display of screenshots, they are way too small, at least in my opinion they are.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: bbmike on March 03, 2014, 09:51:41 AM
I fired it up and saw an option for counters. What I didn't see was an option for Hotseat play!  ???
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Asid on March 03, 2014, 12:47:09 PM
There is an option for counters

No option for Hotseat (last time i played)

There is still active development of this title with 1.42 just released and V1.5 mentioned

Regards
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 03, 2014, 01:27:08 PM
I was surprised to see that the physical version of Commander: the Great War (http://www.matrixgames.com/products/385/details/Commander-TheGreatWar) that is on sale is the Collector's Edition. What with all the digital downloads these days with their .pdf manuals, it has become rather uncommon to see a game that comes with a printed paper manual. Spending $10 more for a printed manual (if it's any length at all) would be a lot cheaper than having one printed or even printing it on a home printer.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 03, 2014, 03:55:28 PM
Intrigued, but trying to get a read on how beer-&-pretzels (or not) this game is.  Is it on par with, say, Panzer Corps?  I don't need super hard-core ww1 (I have Ageod's WW1 game for that -- it's a tough nut to crack), but I need something deeper than Panzer Corps / Panzer General.  Does Commander: Great War fit the bill? 
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Asid on March 03, 2014, 04:34:43 PM
Hi sandman2575

Panzer Corps is definitely beer and pretzels

The map of CTGW looks and feels similar to PC. CTGW though relies on Research and economy and they have a big effect on the game. There is also an element of diplomacy as well as logistics.

The new patch 1.42 changes a lot and i haven't tried that yet but it is meant to introduce big improvements.


Regards
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Shelldrake on March 04, 2014, 08:08:51 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on March 03, 2014, 03:55:28 PM
Intrigued, but trying to get a read on how beer-&-pretzels (or not) this game is.  Is it on par with, say, Panzer Corps?  I don't need super hard-core ww1 (I have Ageod's WW1 game for that -- it's a tough nut to crack), but I need something deeper than Panzer Corps / Panzer General.  Does Commander: Great War fit the bill?

I have both Panzer Corps and Commander:The Great War. From my experience with the two games I can say that CTGW is quite a bit deeper than PC, but is far easier to get into than Ageod's WW1 game which still manages to defeat me whenever I try to get my head around it.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Gusington on March 04, 2014, 09:42:02 AM
I have Panzer Corps and Commander: The Great War and can confidently say that Panzer Corps is much less complex.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: sandman2575 on March 04, 2014, 09:50:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I'm gonna have to pick this up then.  Always on the look out for those Goldilocks games, not too shallow, not overwhelmingly deep.  I personally think Ageod's WW1 is a masterpiece, but it is still the most complex game I've ever tackled, and as much as I want to go back to it, it's still pretty forbidding -- and i've spent lots of time with the manual trying to figure it out!
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 04, 2014, 11:14:41 AM
I've got my eye on this now...I might grab it tonight after work.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Gusington on March 04, 2014, 01:34:52 PM
Do it....DO IT
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: JasonPratt on March 04, 2014, 02:56:09 PM
Too bad I've already got it (and just downloaded the new patch), but good luck on the sale anyway!
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 04, 2014, 03:00:12 PM
Anyone multiplayer this yet?

If I get it I'm going to want to try that, eventually.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: FrontierCybrarian on March 04, 2014, 09:02:25 PM
At this price for the Collector's Edition with printed manual I'll purchase and give the game a try.

Also found a 15 part series on how to play, "Commander The Great War."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqK2qpln2So

The presenter, to me, seems be an intermediate player and shows procedures that may be down my alley. I'm not too good at hex and turn-based games. But I dabble and will certainly learn world history.

Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: airboy on March 04, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
I could not resist - and bought another game I don't have time to play.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: jomni on March 05, 2014, 12:29:11 AM
Argh! I may have to buy this.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
Can multiple units attack a single enemy target simultaneously? I watched a few videos of Commander: the Great War and although it looked like the AI units were attacking simultaneously (3 or 4 on 1) the human player was using his units one-at-a-time to attack enemy units one on one.

In Commander: the Great War, do aircraft fly above a target and attack from the air or do aircraft attack a ground target in what appears to be the same manner that a ground unit attacks another ground unit? I own Commander - Europe at War (http://www.matrixgames.com/store/344/Commander.-.Europe.at.War.Gold) and the thing that irritates me most about that game is that planes don't seem to fly in it. The planes in the original Panzer General flew above their targets and attacked them from the air and I expect the planes in games that are twenty years newer to do the same.

Commander: the Great War looks very good. I will definitely buy it if my questions above are answered satisfactorily.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on March 05, 2014, 05:29:03 AM
I bought this game when it first came out but never played much and never reinstalled after I got a new computer.  Reading the forums, it suggests some ai turns with the latest version take 15-30 minutes, anyone else seeing that?  Sounds like the devs acknowledged they had some performance issues to sort out, but if true, I can't see my self reinstalling and having to wait that long for turns.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: jomni on March 05, 2014, 08:00:55 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
In Commander: the Great War, do aircraft fly above a target and attack from the air or do aircraft attack a ground target in what appears to be the same manner that a ground unit attacks another ground unit? I own Commander - Europe at War (http://www.matrixgames.com/store/344/Commander.-.Europe.at.War.Gold) and the thing that irritates me most about that game is that planes don't seem to fly in it. The planes in the original Panzer General flew above their targets and attacked them from the air and I expect the planes in games that are twenty years newer to do the same.

But based on scale (distance and time frame), plane movement is equal to re-basing.  When they attack, they should be able to return to base afterwards. 
Panzer General is tactical.  That means at some point in time, the planes are in the air.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 05, 2014, 08:07:51 AM
I didn't pull the trigger on this last night as planned...I think I'll watch the vids that FrontierCybrarian posted before doing so.

I'd love to have a WWI game on this scale, but even a beer & pretzels strategy game means investing time that I don't have.

If we could only be paid six-figure salaries to do nothing but play games all day...and if I filled one hand with wishes and crapped in the other, which would fill up fastest? ;)
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Gusington on March 05, 2014, 08:45:02 AM
Thanks for the above tutorial links FC, I've played a lot of this but still have not become very good at it :).

As far as MP - I played a great PBEM game with Shelldrake...very fun.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on March 05, 2014, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
Can multiple units attack a single enemy target simultaneously? I watched a few videos of Commander: the Great War and although it looked like the AI units were attacking simultaneously (3 or 4 on 1) the human player was using his units one-at-a-time to attack enemy units one on one.

In Commander: the Great War, do aircraft fly above a target and attack from the air or do aircraft attack a ground target in what appears to be the same manner that a ground unit attacks another ground unit? I own Commander - Europe at War (http://www.matrixgames.com/store/344/Commander.-.Europe.at.War.Gold) and the thing that irritates me most about that game is that planes don't seem to fly in it. The planes in the original Panzer General flew above their targets and attacked them from the air and I expect the planes in games that are twenty years newer to do the same.

Commander: the Great War looks very good. I will definitely buy it if my questions above are answered satisfactorily.

Assuming things haven't changed since I was an original Beta tester....the units attack one at a time. During the AI's turn, the attacks happen quickly, so it can seem that they are attacking simultaneously, but they are attacking one after another.

The air units do not fly over other units, they attack in exactly the same fashion as ground units. The wise player will learn to keep vulnerable ground units away from fast moving cavalry units!

Just after release, I made an AAR that might be of some use. It's actually more of a tutorial of CTGW rather than a real AAR.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=38749
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 11:10:13 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, Slick Wilhelm.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 11:22:27 AM
Quote from: jomni on March 05, 2014, 08:00:55 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 12:56:55 AM
In Commander: the Great War, do aircraft fly above a target and attack from the air or do aircraft attack a ground target in what appears to be the same manner that a ground unit attacks another ground unit? I own Commander - Europe at War (http://www.matrixgames.com/store/344/Commander.-.Europe.at.War.Gold) and the thing that irritates me most about that game is that planes don't seem to fly in it. The planes in the original Panzer General flew above their targets and attacked them from the air and I expect the planes in games that are twenty years newer to do the same.

But based on scale (distance and time frame), plane movement is equal to re-basing.  When they attack, they should be able to return to base afterwards. 
Panzer General is tactical.  That means at some point in time, the planes are in the air.

What I meant was are the fighters/bombers positioned above the enemy units when they strafe/bomb them? Slick Wilhelm has answered my questions, but thanks for your response.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: bbmike on March 05, 2014, 12:09:38 PM
Quote from: FrontierCybrarian on March 04, 2014, 09:02:25 PM
At this price for the Collector's Edition with printed manual I'll purchase and give the game a try.

Also found a 15 part series on how to play, "Commander The Great War."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqK2qpln2So

The presenter, to me, seems be an intermediate player and shows procedures that may be down my alley. I'm not too good at hex and turn-based games. But I dabble and will certainly learn world history.



Thanks for posting that. This is one of those games where it seems like there a lot more I am supposed to be doing in a turn but not.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to cycle through unused units during a turn?
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 11:22:27 AM


What I meant was are the fighters/bombers positioned above the enemy units when they strafe/bomb them? Slick Wilhelm has answered my questions, but thanks for your response.

I thought they just had an attack range, as with many other grand strategy games of similar size.  So you just choose something to attack from a distance.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 03:47:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 11:22:27 AM


What I meant was are the fighters/bombers positioned above the enemy units when they strafe/bomb them? Slick Wilhelm has answered my questions, but thanks for your response.

I thought they just had an attack range, as with many other grand strategy games of similar size.  So you just choose something to attack from a distance.

In Panzer General a fighter or bomber had to be directly above an enemy ground unit to strafe or bomb it. A fighter had to be in an adjacent air hex to fire on an enemy aircraft.

I haven't played Commander: the Great War so I don't know the mechanics of that game. I just dislike having an air unit occupying a ground hex when it should be at a higher altitude.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on March 05, 2014, 05:00:22 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 05, 2014, 11:22:27 AM


What I meant was are the fighters/bombers positioned above the enemy units when they strafe/bomb them? Slick Wilhelm has answered my questions, but thanks for your response.

I thought they just had an attack range, as with many other grand strategy games of similar size.  So you just choose something to attack from a distance.

I sit corrected. Nefaro is correct. The air units don't have to be adjacent to attack another unit. They have an "attack radius" and can attack any unit within that range.

But, the air units still occupy a hex.

Commander: The Great War is actually pretty deep compared to most beer & pretzel games. I would say it's somewhere in between Panzer Corps and War in the East. Probably closer to a game like the Decisive Campaigns series.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: jomni on March 05, 2014, 06:28:47 PM
Wait does multiplayer work.  I keep trying to login the Slitherine server with my account and it doesn't work.
I also registered and it also did not work.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: magnus on March 05, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
May be I missed it, but what is the difference between the regular and collectors edition?

I didn't see any write up about it on Matrix.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Gusington on March 05, 2014, 07:29:13 PM
^Printed manual, IIRC.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Martok on March 05, 2014, 08:36:22 PM
Quote from: airboy on March 04, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
I could not resist - and bought another game I don't have time to play.
+1 

I've wanted a good strategic-level WW1 game for too long, and heard too many good things about CGTW, to not pick it up at this price.  Gah! 

Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 05, 2014, 08:53:54 PM
I really want to get this, but the wife will freak out if I drop twenty bucks on it. So I'll probably do it anyway because when have I ever done anything right anyway?

I've been watching the YouTube Let's Play vids and it looks a lot like PG in terms of unit management, movement, and maintenance. There's more to it than that, though. If anyone's curious about the gameplay I highly suggest clicking the link that FC provided.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: jomni on March 05, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
Sheesh! Everyone keeps comparing to PG.
It is not. Scale is different, mechanics are different...
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 11:10:58 PM
Quote from: jomni on March 05, 2014, 06:28:47 PM
Wait does multiplayer work.  I keep trying to login the Slitherine server with my account and it doesn't work.
I also registered and it also did not work.

Dunno.

I couldn't log in to my Matrix Members account for the longest time.  I don't even recall if I ever got that fixed.  Probably just gave up temprorarily.  >:(
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 11:11:49 PM
Quote from: jomni on March 05, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
Sheesh! Everyone keeps comparing to PG.
It is not. Scale is different, mechanics are different...

Yeah, it's certainly different than Panzer General. 
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 06, 2014, 07:28:15 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 05, 2014, 11:11:49 PM
Quote from: jomni on March 05, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
Sheesh! Everyone keeps comparing to PG.
It is not. Scale is different, mechanics are different...

Yeah, it's certainly different than Panzer General.

You cannot deny that, at first glance, it certainly does resemble PG.


As I said, "there's more to it than that, though." Obviously the scale is different. Research is present. Unit choices are strategic, like the game. But ultimately it's PG on a grand scale.

I'm sure you guys could make an argument against it, but there's a lot of similarities on the surface.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Gusington on March 06, 2014, 09:18:09 AM
It's much deeper and more complex than PG.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 06, 2014, 09:25:58 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2014, 09:18:09 AM
It's much deeper and more complex than PG.

I will not argue that point. I was making an initial impression from watching the first two Let's Play vids.

I bought it and am currently downloading it.

Happy now?  :P
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 06, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
...actually, I'm NOT too happy.

I can't get the game to install on my desktop computer. It goes for about three seconds, then pops this little gem up.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1175.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr624%2FMichaelE6%2FCGWWontRun.jpg&hash=b331db6855c60561446199e4cc8e0a6ecd53cbd4)

EDIT: Nevermind. It was a %*%*(@#$ permissions issue in my Windows folder. Fixed it and it installed flawlessly.

>:(  :-[
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Keunert on March 06, 2014, 11:13:10 AM
where is the mac version? i'd buy it there was any.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Tuna on March 06, 2014, 01:48:30 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 06, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
...actually, I'm NOT too happy.

I can't get the game to install on my desktop computer. It goes for about three seconds, then pops this little gem up.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1175.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr624%2FMichaelE6%2FCGWWontRun.jpg&hash=b331db6855c60561446199e4cc8e0a6ecd53cbd4)

EDIT: Nevermind. It was a %*%*(@#$ permissions issue in my Windows folder. Fixed it and it installed flawlessly.

>:(  :-[

Why did you put it in your Windows Folder? You shouldn't 'turn' down permissions there, could make you susceptible to malicious attacks!
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: BanzaiCat on March 06, 2014, 02:11:48 PM
^ I know. I put it back to right already.

That's where the game wanted to place the uninstall file, and the game didn't want to install otherwise.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: JasonPratt on March 06, 2014, 02:18:47 PM
Quote from: Martok on March 05, 2014, 08:36:22 PM
Quote from: airboy on March 04, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
I could not resist - and bought another game I don't have time to play.
+1 

I've wanted a good strategic-level WW1 game for too long, and heard too many good things about CGTW, to not pick it up at this price.  Gah!

Not to take money away from CGTW, but I've been having a blast this week playing as Ethiopia during the World War One grand campaign of Darkest Hour.  8)
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Nefaro on March 06, 2014, 02:26:12 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 06, 2014, 10:46:21 AM


Nevermind. It was a %*%*(@#$ permissions issue in my Windows folder. Fixed it and it installed flawlessly.

>:(  :-[

I've had a Windows Update change my permissions to 'Read Only' on the folders located in my root Windows install location (the C:\ drive) once.  Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me overwrite files when I was dropping some modded stuff in, so that was the first thing I checked.  >:(
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Tuna on March 06, 2014, 02:31:31 PM
Actually Matrix loves to put crap like that in your Windows directory.. lol. have no idea why..

Go into Windows and there's all you're Matrix games with folders!
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 07, 2014, 06:59:24 AM
Quote from: jomni on March 05, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
Sheesh! Everyone keeps comparing to PG.
It is not. Scale is different, mechanics are different...

According to Tacticular Cancer (http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=3930):

Quote from: Tacticular Cancer....The hex-based map will feel instantly familiar to anyone who's spent time with Panzer General (and really, who reading this hasn't?). What stops this game from being just another Panzer General clone is its well-thought out research and economic components....

So it has the look of Panzer General but it's different.  ;)
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Ian C on March 07, 2014, 07:47:41 AM
Quote from: Tuna on March 06, 2014, 02:31:31 PM
Actually Matrix loves to put crap like that in your Windows directory.. lol. have no idea why..

Go into Windows and there's all you're Matrix games with folders!

I've noticed this too and I have to say that this is really incomprehensibly inappropriate.  Putting game files in an OS folder is not on, chaps.
I'd like to know why that decision was made.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Lord Zimoa on March 07, 2014, 07:50:19 AM
Last 3 days chaps, with 50% off the PC Collector`s edition of Commander: The Great War at Matrix!
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: jomni on March 07, 2014, 08:17:50 AM
Wow.  The front lines (except Russia) became static real quick. :/
Loving this game.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 07, 2014, 03:51:54 PM
My curiosity got the better of me and I bought Commander - the Great War. It is, without a doubt, much deeper that Panzer General. I haven't played it enough to determine if I like it or not, but it's going to be interesting (and hopefully fun) finding out.
Title: Re: Deal of the Week: Commander: the Great War, 50% off!
Post by: Greybriar on March 12, 2014, 08:55:22 AM
According to page 17 of the game manual under Hotkeys: "Page Up/Down: Scrolls through units that still have movement or attack points left"

This doesn't work for me. Does anyone know if there are other hotkeys that scroll through unmoved units?