GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2014, 03:41:49 PM

Title: I hate Apple
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 13, 2014, 03:41:49 PM
Get a load of this crap.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9550.new#new (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=9550.new#new)

Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Nefaro on March 13, 2014, 03:48:16 PM
Just par for the course for Apple.  Drop in the bucket.  Slice of the ham.  ;)
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: -budd- on March 13, 2014, 03:50:42 PM
thats just stupid...never been a fan of apple.
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Tuna on March 13, 2014, 03:54:07 PM
Hmmm maybe Slithering better switch to Android!


Oops darn phone spell check!
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: bayonetbrant on March 13, 2014, 03:54:26 PM
I've reached out to some sources to see what we can find out.
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: tgb on March 13, 2014, 04:19:07 PM
Seems to me it's just a matter of altering some text, and making WWII a battle between the Alis
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg3.wikia.nocookie.net%2F__cb20131106044945%2Fp__%2Fprotagonist%2Fimages%2Fd%2Fd1%2FBlog-Picture.jpg&hash=6808203544d10bd829e7d7772f1522254806db0c)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biography.com%2Fimported%2Fimages%2FBiography%2FImages%2FProfiles%2FA%2FMuhammad-Ali-9181165-2-402.jpg&hash=6fc86d6605f51c33f7786bcbafe22433c509bd51)

and the Hermans
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hermanshermits.com%2Fimages%2Fherman.jpg&hash=9e0dd74bbe46c672adab10de9e48af9ba450cc18)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oocities.org%2Fhollywood%2F2084%2Fherman4.jpg&hash=d822f4f29de17a6eb0c22b28ec48e1d0d660fb5c)
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Queeg on March 13, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
I'm an Apple fan but this is PC insanity run amok.  I can't imagine they really mean it - at least as stated.  There are dozens of games already on their store that violate that "rule."  Perhaps an over-zealous (i.e., under-intelligent) reviewer?  Perhaps images that are too close to the Nazi flag (which is illegal in many places).  I'd be surprised if this isn't fixable.
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: DoctorQuest on March 13, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
This reminds me of one of our customers who shall remain nameless.

They were so averse to "violence" that you had to be very, very, very careful about using what are considered pretty common business terms but were derived from weapons or war or such things.

Some forbidden words or terms.

War Room
Bullet points
"Kill" a process (UNIX command)

There were more but you get the idea............

Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Gusington on March 13, 2014, 05:38:19 PM
I haven't been able to use the term 'cutting edge' for similar reasons.

But I like Apple too (II?). I agree with Queeg that there has to be another more PC reason for this. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous. God forbid we all learn something about actual history :/
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Queeg on March 13, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
I checked out the full email from Apple, and I wonder if perhaps whoever is reviewing the game doesn't realize that the (historical) Soviet Union is not the same thing as (modern day) Russia?  The email suggests that the problem is that the "enemy" in the game is a "real" entity (perhaps as opposed to an "historical" entity).  Perhaps the reviewer is clueless about the actual world we live in.
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Nefaro on March 13, 2014, 07:54:26 PM
Quote from: Queeg on March 13, 2014, 07:45:50 PM
Perhaps the reviewer is clueless about the actual world we live in.

They do work for Apple.

So perhaps their only knowledge of events is what they learned from the electronic snooping they've done on their customers in the past.  I lost count of how many times they were caught sneaking monitoring software into their OSes without telling anyone.

:P
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: SgtRock on March 13, 2014, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 13, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
This reminds me of one of our customers who shall remain nameless.

They were so averse to "violence" that you had to be very, very, very careful about using what are considered pretty common business terms but were derived from weapons or war or such things.

Some forbidden words or terms.

War Room
Bullet points
"Kill" a process (UNIX command)

There were more but you get the idea............


Reminds me years ago about a story on the evils of UNIX, spawning daemons, parent process killing their children, etc. funny stuff.


Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2014, 10:57:51 PM
and that, NSA, is sarcasm.   :P
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 14, 2014, 05:30:23 AM
I've never liked Apple, their products or their business model and this comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

As someone else mentioned...maybe Slitherine will get their arses in gear and create Android games now!
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: SgtRock on March 14, 2014, 10:14:09 AM
Some one needs to tell Apple, History is not Politically Correct! ::) 
A wargame on an Apple, oh the horror but, it's ok to use slave labor to make their products! :(
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Michael Dorosh on March 14, 2014, 04:01:02 PM
Much ado about nothing. The game was removed from the list and is available on Apple again. In other words, the review process worked. Frankly, it is kind of refreshing to think that there are some standards after years of 'wild west' internet/multimedia mentality.
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: Tuna on March 14, 2014, 04:18:10 PM
Darn and we almost had Battlefield Academy coming to Android! 8)
Title: Re: I hate Apple
Post by: SgtRock on March 14, 2014, 04:22:03 PM
I keep waiting for the DrudgeReport Headline - "Apple Bans History"! ::)