GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: W8taminute on March 23, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

Title: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: W8taminute on March 23, 2014, 01:03:25 PM
I've been reading up on Steam about Warlock 2 and I'm really turn off violently actually about the fact that the game is now played on shards.  Really?  Wasn't there some other magic strategy game where you battled on shards that was a dismal failure? 

Well I was really pumped about getting this game but this shard things is a colossal turn off for me.  Could those of you who have played the early access version comment?

Thanks  8)
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Steelgrave on March 23, 2014, 01:11:36 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen anything about Warlock 2 that makes me want to buy it. I played Warlock through a couple of times, enjoyed it, then put it away for later. If I get the urge, I'll fire it up again, but War2 is leaving me cold so far.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: undercovergeek on March 23, 2014, 01:13:01 PM
I haven't played but I think this maybe just semantics..... the campaign is split up into different world maps and they've used shards to demonstrate this..... if you read the rps play through or watch the let's play on YouTube you'll see it's just a function to desperate the map worlds, they could have said planets and you'd still want to buy it
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: son_of_montfort on March 23, 2014, 01:46:20 PM
Nope, UCG, you play a single campaign by traveling from shard to shard through magic portals. Actually, it works quite well, as each of the shards have different types of terrain that offer different benefits and challenges. For instance, in desert terrain you have less farming fertility, but you have certain natural resources open. In snow, again farming is hard, but you can get iron and donkeys for armor and donkey knights.

It all works together smoothly and the shards are fairly seamless. You just send your units through the magic portal and they enter into a new world. The shards are large enough to allow for fighting between factions but small enough to not be an entire CIV map each.

Not sure why the shards would be a huge turn off, it makes the game much more unique.

BTW, for those that DO want to purchase it, use the 20% off coupon at greenmangaming.com or Gamefly.com.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: undercovergeek on March 23, 2014, 02:33:02 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 23, 2014, 01:46:20 PM
Nope, UCG, you play a single campaign by traveling from shard to shard through magic portals. Actually, it works quite well, as each of the shards have different types of terrain that offer different benefits and challenges. For instance, in desert terrain you have less farming fertility, but you have certain natural resources open. In snow, again farming is hard, but you can get iron and donkeys for armor and donkey knights.

It all works together smoothly and the shards are fairly seamless. You just send your units through the magic portal and they enter into a new world. The shards are large enough to allow for fighting between factions but small enough to not be an entire CIV map each.

Not sure why the shards would be a huge turn off, it makes the game much more unique.

BTW, for those that DO want to purchase it, use the 20% off coupon at greenmangaming.com or Gamefly.com.

That sounds even better than I thought!
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Barthheart on March 23, 2014, 03:16:07 PM
I think, if I read the blurbs right, there is a sandbox mode where you can battle it out on a large world with various terrain like the old one.... is this correct? Anyone got it yet?

Me, the shard thing turned me off as well. I'd probably never play the campaign mode... I think I'll pass or wait until it's really cheap... or someone here gives a better picture of what is really offered.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Gusington on March 23, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
WTF is a shard?
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Staggerwing on March 23, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
A shard is a self-contained manifestation of a particular place, like another dimension. I know it has some kind of programing-lingo origin but I'm only familiar with it's use in online games. In the game Uru (part of the Myst franchise) a shard was a particular instance of the game running on a particular server.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: donkey_roxor on March 23, 2014, 03:34:05 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
WTF is a shard?
Quote from: Staggerwing on March 23, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
A shard is a self-contained manifestation of a particular place, like another dimension. I know it has some kind of programing-lingo origin but I'm only familiar with it's use in online games. In the game Uru (part of the Myst franchise) a shard was a particular instance of the game running on a particular server.

I think in this context it's supposed to be a smaller, broken-off piece of a once-larger world. Sometimes each shard is connected to other shards (other pieces of the same world) via portals and the like. Think Eador if you're familiar with it.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Gusington on March 23, 2014, 03:36:53 PM
From the above descriptions it sounds like an evolution of the underworld ideas from the original Warlock game.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Staggerwing on March 23, 2014, 03:37:57 PM
Quote from: donkey_roxor on March 23, 2014, 03:34:05 PM

I think in this context it's supposed to be a smaller, broken-off piece of a once-larger world. Sometimes each shard is connected to other shards (other pieces of the same world) via portals and the like. Think Eador if you're familiar with it.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to check out Eador then. Hel, I'd not be surprised if it was already in my Steam or Gamersgate backlog...  ::)
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 23, 2014, 05:15:52 PM
The "shard" feature is just a replacement for the multiple planes/worlds in the first one, which people often didn't bother using.  Now they've just implemented them as progressive worlds to conquer on your way to ultimate victory.  So instead of being some optional sideshow you don't need to visit, you actually have to.

It's probably a good move because many felt that the extra planes in the first game were wasted or not worth the trouble.  I believe they attempted to make them more attractive in later updates but dunno if it was ever really successful.  At least with this new setup, we'll get a variety of environments in each campaign.  My only concern is how large each 'shard' map is because if they're too small then that would probably have an effect on the core gameplay.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 23, 2014, 05:50:30 PM
Big turn off for me as well.  I hated the other planes in Warlock and avoided going through portals.  I'm going with the wait-and-see approach rather than early purchase for this one now.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: bbmike on March 23, 2014, 06:57:27 PM
The campaign is played on shards. You can still play like Warlock 1 in sandbox mode. You are given the option to choose how to play when the game starts.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 23, 2014, 09:19:12 PM
Quote from: bbmike on March 23, 2014, 06:57:27 PM
The campaign is played on shards. You can still play like Warlock 1 in sandbox mode. You are given the option to choose how to play when the game starts.

This. 

It has both options.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: mikeck on March 23, 2014, 10:15:13 PM
Ok, so in Warlock 2, I can choose to play a sandbox game on a normal map instead of shards?
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 24, 2014, 12:22:47 AM
Quote from: mikeck on March 23, 2014, 10:15:13 PM
Ok, so in Warlock 2, I can choose to play a sandbox game on a normal map instead of shards?

Yeah.  At least, that's what I saw mentioned in a preview playthrough video on the 'Tube.  There is an extra campaign setup option.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: FlickJax on March 24, 2014, 03:01:17 AM
So many negative waves - :( I will buy it though
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Tpek on March 24, 2014, 04:25:17 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on March 23, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
A shard is a self-contained manifestation of a particular place, like another dimension. I know it has some kind of programing-lingo origin but I'm only familiar with it's use in online games. In the game Uru (part of the Myst franchise) a shard was a particular instance of the game running on a particular server.

It was originally an instance of a world of a MMORPG game.
It originated with Ultima Online, where according to the intro, some important magical crystal was shattered into many shards, and now each of these contained a separate copy of the world.
I.E it was a way to justify the use of several "servers" and why not all the players were playing on the same server.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: bbmike on March 24, 2014, 05:27:31 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 24, 2014, 12:22:47 AM
Quote from: mikeck on March 23, 2014, 10:15:13 PM
Ok, so in Warlock 2, I can choose to play a sandbox game on a normal map instead of shards?

Yeah.  At least, that's what I saw mentioned in a preview playthrough video on the 'Tube.  There is an extra campaign setup option.

Yes, that's how I'm playing my current game. It's just like a game of Warlock 1 so far but with the new research tree and other stuff. The only question I have is will the AI be any better than in Warlock 1.  ???
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Gusington on March 24, 2014, 07:59:44 AM
I played most of my games of Warlock against MetalDog, Bartheart and a few others here...I think I only played one game against the AI.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 24, 2014, 02:31:02 PM
Quote from: bbmike on March 24, 2014, 05:27:31 AM
The only question I have is will the AI be any better than in Warlock 1.  ???

Yeah, wondering about the AI too.  Also how many new monsters/units there will be.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: W8taminute on March 24, 2014, 04:43:39 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on March 24, 2014, 03:01:17 AM
So many negative waves - :( I will buy it though

Yeah I'm sorry I started the discussion off with some heavy negative waves.  I'm a passionate gamer and I like to go over the top when I explain likes or dislikes so don't get bummed out by me.   :)

That being said however I see I'm not alone in my thoughts about shards.   If indeed you can play on a normal map without the new shard mechanic then it's a day one purchase for me.  Otherwise I'll wait until the game is in the bargain bin or MetalDog twists my arm really hard.

This shard concept is like island hopping to me.  When I want to engage in that kind of war I'll play WitP Admirals edition but not in a fantasy game.  To each his own as they say... 8)
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: PanzersEast on March 25, 2014, 10:58:54 AM
While this may turn out to be a good game, I pre-ordered Age of Wonders III instead.  After watching some LPs and reading on it it, it seems to be the new go to game for fantasy strategy.  It appears that Fallen Enchantress will be dethroned for me.  AOW III graphics are amazing and the detail put into the game seems to not have failed the community. 


PE
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Greybriar on March 25, 2014, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 25, 2014, 10:58:54 AM
While this may turn out to be a good game, I pre-ordered Age of Wonders III instead....

So did I. I will most likely buy Warlock II sometime in the not-too-distant future, but not now.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: FlickJax on March 25, 2014, 03:12:14 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on March 25, 2014, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 25, 2014, 10:58:54 AM
While this may turn out to be a good game, I pre-ordered Age of Wonders III instead....

So did I. I will most likely buy Warlock II sometime in the not-too-distant future, but not now.

Got to admit I will buy but my immediate funds have gone to age of wonders....
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 25, 2014, 03:17:41 PM
LOL!

That's why they announced the Early Access for Warlock 2, I'm sure.  To try & beat AoW3 to a release date.  A good strategy but Warlock 2 looks similar enough to the original Warlock to not put a fire under my ass just yet.  As with everyone else, I will probably get AOW3 first and then Warlock 2 in another month or two.  Too bad AOW3 didn't have an early access, as I'm still hesitant to pre-order the thing.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: PanzersEast on March 25, 2014, 04:01:26 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 25, 2014, 03:17:41 PM
LOL!

That's why they announced the Early Access for Warlock 2, I'm sure.  To try & beat AoW3 to a release date.  A good strategy but Warlock 2 looks similar enough to the original Warlock to not put a fire under my ass just yet.  As with everyone else, I will probably get AOW3 first and then Warlock 2 in another month or two.  Too bad AOW3 didn't have an early access, as I'm still hesitant to pre-order the thing.


I will get Warlock 2, but probably on sale down the road...... after watching some videos and commentary, it was enough to sale me to pre-purchase.


PE


Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 25, 2014, 04:08:06 PM
I dunno if I'll wait that long for Warlock 2.  I am interested in some of the new content.  I just have so much to play right now, new games aren't high on my list.  However, AOW3 is higher on it.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: tgb on March 25, 2014, 05:07:08 PM
I hadn't planned to buy this until it was a lot cheaper, but the good reports and GMG sale forced my hand. I'll consider it the appetizer to AOW 3's main course.

Anyway, I'm liking it more than I thought I would. Yes, it's about 70% MOTS, but I really like the 30% that isn't, especially the frequent random events, the interface improvements, and the new research tree. I don't even mind the whole shard thing as much as I thought I would.

Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:18:42 PM
Looks like we may have a good old fashioned steel cage match between Warlock 2 and Age of Wonders III...two games enter, one game leaves!
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: mikeck on March 25, 2014, 08:00:31 PM
I only played a little of AOW: shadow magic and Warlock (1) but I think AoW3 will have more depth and detail. Truthfully, I like what little I have seen of warlock 2 but it seems to be a game that doesn't take itself to seriously. Their aim isn't numbers, details and tactics, it's fun and a few laughs.

So I think there is room for both!
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: MetalDog on March 25, 2014, 08:44:39 PM
Steam says that I have played AoW: Shadow Magic for 18 hours and have two Friends that also play it.  Steam also says, that I have played Warlock: Master of the Arcane for 476 hours and have 22 Friends that also play it.  Don't let that be an indictment of AoW.  I liked it, but Warlock came along and was similar enough in feel and game play for me, that I stuck with Warlock.  I will buy Warlock 2, mostly because it is almost expected of me to.  I really hope I like it.  But if I don't, it's good to know that the new Age of Wonders is out there to pick up the slack.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Martok on March 26, 2014, 10:36:22 AM
I suspect that, like many here, I'll end up getting Warlock 2 eventually...just not right now. 

I still wish there were more paths to victory than plain-old "conquer/kill everyone else", but I can't criticize this game simply for not catering to my personal desires (sort of like how I'm not a fan of Sword of the Stars or Sins of a Solar Empire, but I still recognize they're both good space strategy games -- they're just not for me, is all).  Overall, this series has (thus far) received almost-universally positive feedback (if not egregiously so) from just about any/every-one I know who's played it, and that counts for a lot in my book.  So even if it winds up not really being my cup of tea, this one will still probably end up on my list of games owned sooner or later. 


In the meantime, I'm still enjoying Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, and Age of Wonders 3 releases in just five more days.  8) 




Quote from: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:18:42 PM
Looks like we may have a good old fashioned steel cage match between Warlock 2 and Age of Wonders III...two games enter, one game leaves!
We could even potentially be looking at a 3-way contest, depending on when Worlds of Magic gets released.  I'm just about quivering with excitement/anticipation! 

Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: steve58 on March 26, 2014, 11:54:23 AM
I was so trying to hold off on getting Warlock 2 just yet :-\, but GMG just sent me a 25% off voucher :-*  Its definitely going to test my resolve...
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Gusington on March 26, 2014, 05:49:00 PM
I only played Warlock for about a dozen hours, and mostly in MP. Definitely getting AoW III first...it will be my first foray into the series.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: mikeck on March 26, 2014, 06:06:14 PM
I will buy both... Of course..if I can ever get on Steam
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: tgb on March 27, 2014, 04:53:22 AM
45 turns in I accepted an alliance offer from one of the other mages, which allowed me to see his territory.  He had about 9 or 10 fortress cities, pop 1, spread over 2 shards.  I don't see how you can even do this in under 50 turns unless the A.I. was getting a LOT of help.

This is on Normal difficulty, by the way.  I think I'm going to shelve the game until this is addressed, either with a patch or me being proven wrong.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: MetalDog on March 27, 2014, 06:13:16 AM
It's fairly easy to do that it in Warlock 1, tgb.  Spamming cities is actually the best strategy in this game.  At least the first iteration.  Haven't played 2 yet.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: tgb on March 27, 2014, 07:07:20 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 27, 2014, 06:13:16 AM
It's fairly easy to do that it in Warlock 1, tgb.  Spamming cities is actually the best strategy in this game.  At least the first iteration.  Haven't played 2 yet.

Perhaps, but the shards are pretty heavily populated with monsters, not to mention the scripted attacks by the Foozle designed to set you back.  There's also a fairly powerful creature guarding each shard gate (although with luck that creature can be disposed of without combat)..  I just don't see how the A.I can build up enough economy to support an army plus 9 or 10 settlers with everything else going on.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: MetalDog on March 27, 2014, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: tgb on March 27, 2014, 07:07:20 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 27, 2014, 06:13:16 AM
It's fairly easy to do that it in Warlock 1, tgb.  Spamming cities is actually the best strategy in this game.  At least the first iteration.  Haven't played 2 yet.

Perhaps, but the shards are pretty heavily populated with monsters, not to mention the scripted attacks by the Foozle designed to set you back.  There's also a fairly powerful creature guarding each shard gate (although with luck that creature can be disposed of without combat)..  I just don't see how the A.I can build up enough economy to support an army plus 9 or 10 settlers with everything else going on.

Thanks for the insight.  Once I get my new computer, I will be able to buy and play Warlock 2.  Looking forward to it.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: FarAway Sooner on March 27, 2014, 11:42:12 PM
TGB, if I'm not mistaken, in the original game, some wizards have a skill pick where Monsters won't attack them.  I think.  That could be what they're doing here.  Or I could be thinking of another game. (I know FELH has something similar in the "Scout" racial ability)

Quote from: W8taminute on March 23, 2014, 01:03:25 PM
I've been reading up on Steam about Warlock 2 and I'm really turn off violently actually about the fact that the game is now played on shards.  Really?  Wasn't there some other magic strategy game where you battled on shards that was a dismal failure? 

Well I was really pumped about getting this game but this shard things is a colossal turn off for me.  Could those of you who have played the early access version comment?

Thanks  8)

Eador: Masters of the Broken World wasn't so much a dismal failure, as just the best game that wasn't quite.  It was an awesome game concept, blending together all sorts of cool stuff.  I've been following the genre closely for 20 years now, and it had the potential to be the true successor to Heroes of Might & Magic.

Sadly, the game was a buggy mess upon release and, while they've been enthusiastically patching it ever since, the patch process has been erratic at best.  Almost a year after release, the game still suffers stability and reliability issues for a number of users, and each new patch breaks at least one or two things.

It's still fun to play.  But the technical issues have, I think, prevented it from achieving at least "cult classic" status.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Capn Darwin on March 28, 2014, 09:01:53 AM
The wife and I like the new game. The shards and gates does pose a new challenge/headache of dealing with what is on the other side. You have to manage cities, forts, shrines and towns to keep your gold, food, mana going to deal with the ever growing landscape to control. The Other mages working for the main bad guy can suck. Terraforming is important on both the offensive and defensive side of things early. I like the city management and the unrest bar. You can overload and handle more cities if you have shrines and other perks going. Captured cities generate unrest for a number of turns and under perform in resources until it clears. Heroes are back and so are items to load them up with. Just need to spend wisely.

On the bad side right now there are a few things. The diplomacy system is broken. You have some options to make friends but no way to stop a war until the AI comes to the table and there is no way to adjust their offer. Take it or leave it. AI also shifts quickly from alliance to war without a clear reason. I'll chalk this up to being a beta and hope this really gets worked out well for the main release. You also find these runes to place in spells to add or alter effects/casting  time/cost. In most cases it is hare to even use them when it is a 10% boost to life magic for a 10% casting time increase. When minor heal is 12 points, a 1.2 point boost for what will be a 2 turn cast is not helpful. Even a stretch on the normal heal. I think these items need some tweaking. One thing I would like to see is the units you get from looting locations not cost me resources or have a reduced impact. You can go from having a gold and food surplus to negative after clearing out one of the pop-up raids. Nice to have the extra units but maybe give me a choice between the unit or some mana/gold/food too.

Still a lot of fun and with this change in style it takes more game turns to win. Also a good thing. My 2 cents. Enjoy!
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Pocus on March 28, 2014, 11:47:44 AM
Can one of you with the game can look at the game files and see if there is some modding possibilities?
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Capn Darwin on March 28, 2014, 12:33:59 PM
Sounds like it will ship with a map editor, appears to have an effects editor too. No visible data or editor.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 28, 2014, 01:40:59 PM
Quote from: Capn Darwin on March 28, 2014, 09:01:53 AM

On the bad side right now there are a few things. The diplomacy system is broken. You have some options to make friends but no way to stop a war until the AI comes to the table and there is no way to adjust their offer. Take it or leave it. AI also shifts quickly from alliance to war without a clear reason. I'll chalk this up to being a beta and hope this really gets worked out well for the main release.

That actually sounds like they didn't change anything with the original's Diplo system.  It was the same.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: MetalDog on March 28, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
I like the originals Diplo.  It's very orderly.  Alliance-they can't attack.  If they are allied and want to attack, they have to step down to Non-Aggression, then Neutral and THEN War.  It's why I always keep at Non-Aggression.  That way, I will know what the AI plans when they next approach.  If they want out of the NA, it's War, shortly.  Alliance?  Especially a decent offer of Gold/Mana/Spell?  I'll take it!  And they ALWAYS support their Allies in a war.  They'll get you into their fair share of wars, but I think it's generally worth it.



@ the question for modding: I don't know how to do it, but, I was just thinking the other day about making an Elric mod for this.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Nefaro on March 29, 2014, 01:35:22 AM
I believe they adjusted that in a patch along the way, MD.  IIRC, it would originally just go from ally or non-aggression to war whenever it felt like it.  I recall that being one of the initial complaints about the game.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: MetalDog on March 29, 2014, 07:19:14 AM
Quite possible.  I got into the game rather late.  Not that I haven't made up for it though ;)
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: skeptical.platypus on March 29, 2014, 12:02:23 PM
I believe in Trailer Park Simulator 2: Electric Boogaloo you also get to battle on shards. Complete the Wife Beater outfit, and gain +2 to courage, but you must spend an extra hour each day watching reality television. -4 to Hopes and Dreams.

(It's roguelike in that you play until a tornado hits.)
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Staggerwing on March 29, 2014, 12:46:09 PM
Is that the one where you have an optional side quest for the legendary and magical Last Set of AMC Javelin Bumpers?
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: skeptical.platypus on March 30, 2014, 04:33:03 PM
After you've video taped your second cousin making relations on Nana's giant plush Velvet Elvis rug? Yep, that's the one.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: PanzersEast on April 01, 2014, 04:09:50 PM
Have seen some feedback saying the game is just too easy to defeat.... not sure what others are seeing.


PE
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: MetalDog on April 01, 2014, 05:50:36 PM
The first Warlock isn't all that difficult either.
Title: Re: Warlock 2 where you battle on shards. Seriously?
Post by: Martok on May 13, 2014, 04:46:24 PM
SpaceSector has posted their review (http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/05/warlock-2-the-exiled-review/).  They give it a 6.5/10. 


The TL;DR version: 

Quote
The Good:
- Excellent variety of unique and interesting units
- City design offers interesting choices while remaining easy to manage
- Multiple victory conditions

The Bad:
- Worst AI I've seen in a recent strategy game
- Low replay value due to little challenge even at the highest difficulty
- New Exiled Mode fails to deliver a satisfactory ending
- Very few additions made to the Warlock series to justify full sequel asking price