GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Ian C on March 25, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

Title: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Ian C on March 25, 2014, 02:50:41 PM
I've had this for a few years and it's never gone off my drive. I seriously highly recommend it. This is one of those ' great classic games' you've never played yet.

If you like Skyrim or other Fantasy game then you simply must get this at this price.


http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: mirth on March 25, 2014, 02:58:44 PM
<sigh> Another game I don't need, but can't pass up.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Rayfer on March 25, 2014, 04:11:29 PM
Well...like all games, movies, music and restaurants...opinions will often range from awful to awesome.  I couldn't stand Fable the Lost Chapters....a real disappointment.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Greybriar on March 25, 2014, 05:08:42 PM
Yahtzee has some comments about Fable - The Lost Chapters:

Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:01:06 PM
What do you guys like about this game? Any mention of Skyrim gets my attention.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: mirth on March 25, 2014, 06:09:03 PM
It's not Skyrim. It lacks the depth and true open world play. It is a very good action RPG with an engaging story. The graphics were good back in the day, but it's almost 10 years old now as a PC game.

People either love the Fable franchise or despise it. IMHO, they are great, but flawed, games. I played all 3 on Xbox when they were released and I'd happily play new entries in the series. For $1.49US, it's worth having in my Steam collection. Now if I can just get frakking Steam to start!  >:(
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Way to harsh my mellow man.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: mirth on March 25, 2014, 06:23:08 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Way to harsh my mellow man.

Sorry, bro. Fable's a great game, but I wouldn't compare it to Skyrim. That's not a bad thing necessarily. It's lighter fare, more accessible in some ways.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:25:34 PM
It's ok...I will put my oney towards Age of Wonders III or some other RPG when the mood strikes me.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: -budd- on March 25, 2014, 07:28:41 PM
I can't pass up anything even remotely interesting @ $1.49..............come on it's $1.49 ........ well thats my excuse anyway....sold.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Rayfer on March 25, 2014, 09:29:43 PM
Quote from: -budd- on March 25, 2014, 07:28:41 PM
I can't pass up anything even remotely interesting @ $1.49..............come on it's $1.49 ........ well thats my excuse anyway....sold.

It took me a while to learn that isn't about the money when it comes to these under $5.00 sales, it's about the time. Is Fable worth $1.49...yes.  Is it worth the time it will take you to play it....IMHO....no.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: -budd- on March 25, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
you have a point about the time thing, hopefully it will grab me and i'll get some enjoyment out of it "when" i make time to play it.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Rayfer on March 26, 2014, 10:29:58 AM
Quote from: -budd- on March 25, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
you have a point about the time thing, hopefully it will grab me and i'll get some enjoyment out of it "when" i make time to play it.

LOL...I know the feeling well.  I have quite a few under-$5.00 sale-games sitting there waiting for the 'when' I find the time to play them. 
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: skeptical.platypus on March 26, 2014, 09:30:56 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 25, 2014, 06:14:49 PM
Way to harsh my mellow man.

Weird. Where I grew up, the rhyme was "Who's afraid of the muffin man?", not "Way to harsh my mellow man."

Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: Gusington on March 27, 2014, 07:19:57 AM
You clearly did not grow up with me.
Title: Re: Heads Up: Fable - The Lost Chapters 85% Off
Post by: skeptical.platypus on March 27, 2014, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2014, 07:19:57 AM
You clearly did not grow up with me.

Way to harsh my mellow dood.