GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Bill Runacre on March 26, 2014, 10:49:37 AM

Title: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Bill Runacre on March 26, 2014, 10:49:37 AM
Hi

Two new mods for the Strategic Command series have recently been uploaded to the Battlefront.com repository, and they look rather special so I thought I'd share them.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi34.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fd128%2FBill101%2FFrenchIndochina2_zpsbae40100.gif&hash=3de707de5a3f1d20caf91ffbc3ee882c32a70a6f) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Bill101/media/FrenchIndochina2_zpsbae40100.gif.html)

The first is of the French Indochina War 1946-54 and is a mod for Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict GOLD expansion.
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=select&id=49

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi34.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fd128%2FBill101%2FFrenchIndochina1_zps1681045b.gif&hash=5b11d5c090f08b69a91c663bbc8e710443571b5c) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Bill101/media/FrenchIndochina1_zps1681045b.gif.html)

It even includes Opium Fields and Rubber Plantations!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi34.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fd128%2FBill101%2FRussoJapanese2_zpsdaf04821.gif&hash=765c6e66e988df248ea1d208877a54701091af89) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Bill101/media/RussoJapanese2_zpsdaf04821.gif.html)

The second takes us back to the start of the 20th century for the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-05, and is a mod for Strategic Command WWI - Breakthrough!
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=finishdown&id=3042

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi34.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fd128%2FBill101%2FRussoJapanese1_zpsb2b2e8ff.gif&hash=9fd09844ded7cc8bced47be58b3a3f714983f6ea) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Bill101/media/RussoJapanese1_zpsb2b2e8ff.gif.html)

While they aren't official releases, the designer Philip Sharp has put in a lot of work on them, especially on the French Indochina game which really deserves a wider audience - hence this post!  :)

Bill
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
Wow. Thanks for spreading the word! This justifies a re-installation of this title.
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: airboy on March 26, 2014, 12:12:52 PM
Bill:

Any chance of a good Russo-Japanese War AAR?
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Nefaro on March 26, 2014, 12:20:06 PM
OOoo!  An R-J War scenario!  8)
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Gusington on March 26, 2014, 05:46:38 PM
Holy crap...really impressive sounding mods, and two eras that really interest me. Thanks for posting Bill!
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Boggit on March 26, 2014, 06:23:06 PM
Looks really good. I'm glad my birthday isn't too far away - something for me to buy "from the kids" ;D
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Nefaro on March 26, 2014, 06:27:31 PM
Quote from: Boggit on March 26, 2014, 06:23:06 PM
Looks really good. I'm glad my birthday isn't too far away - something for me to buy "from the kids" ;D

Despite not devoting enough time to a long campaign, and the DRM, I've been pretty damn happy with SCWWI.   Especially since there have been dreadnaught-loads of extra content released for it.  :D
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Gusington on March 27, 2014, 07:21:12 AM
Yeah I pretty much bought it for the mods.
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Nefaro on March 27, 2014, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 27, 2014, 07:21:12 AM
Yeah I pretty much bought it for the mods.

Not me.  I got it because.. World War One, man!!   

The extra added stuff was a bonus.
Title: Re: Two New Mods: 1904 Russo-Japanese War; 1946-54 French-Indochina
Post by: Gusington on March 27, 2014, 02:34:51 PM
Just the reverse for me, honestly.