Against other cheaters...
http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/03/26/titanfall-now-forces-cheaters-to-play-with-other-cheaters/
Hope that teaches them a lesson.
By the way, not much talk about this game here. I'm curious since I'm not in the game yet.
LOL! Hilarity.
The last time I witnessed blatant cheats in a multi-player game, it was with War of the Roses. When I reported the speed-hacking sumbitch, I read that it had become a regular problem but it was reportedly troublesome for them to drop the banhammer through Steam (not surprising considering their customer service). That was also the last time I played it, unfortunately.
Enjoyed the game but after a few matches of that one night, it was time to let it sit for awhile. Hope they fixed it because I would like to play again.
Doesn't sound like it. The devs are focused on War of the Vikings and reports from the early access forums are that it is rife with speed-hackers.
Just watching a video of Titanfall with all the jumping gives me a headache. :P
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on March 26, 2014, 10:31:04 PM
Doesn't sound like it. The devs are focused on War of the Vikings and reports from the early access forums are that it is rife with speed-hackers.
Dammit.
I guarantee the same will happen in War of the Vikings, if it isn't already. May as well not even bother making a multiplayer game if you can't even stop rampant speed hackers, much less any other kinds of cheaters. ::)
Looks like I'll be off to play some Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars instead.
Please forgive my ignorance, but, what is a speed hacker?
In War of the Roses, they can run so fast and hack you fast too.
Quote from: MetalDog on March 27, 2014, 06:11:26 AM
Please forgive my ignorance, but, what is a speed hacker?
It's some game file that's been hacked that cheaters will download and apply. It allows them to move so fast that they can zip around at super speed. The guy I witnessed doing so in WotR would just warp away over a hill before your attack animation would even fire. Then he'd just come similarly zooming in behind someone from the furthest sighting distance at people with their back turned, kill them, and be back off into the distance before getting into a serious fight. Speed "hack" cheat.
If any multi-player game cannot prevent cheats like this, it's server population is doomed. Haven't these people heard of Punkbuster & such? Those things definitely help weed out cheats.
Thanks for the explanation, Nefaro. That would certainly drive me away from a game. Knowing about it, you would suspect that the developers would be able to put in code to disable the cheat or outright ban anyone caught doing it. It's not like any MP world is a democracy. You don't have any rights except what the people who run the place say you have.
This kind of stuff drove me completely out of multiplayer gaming. Between that dealing with 13 year olds, I just don't find it relaxing.
I'm finally getting around to playing some Steel Beasts Pro PE online. The community there tends to self-select to avoid this kind of stuff.
Multiplayer, I find, is extremely satisifying if you find like minded individuals to game with. I don't even mind losing if I can learn something from it.