GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on April 25, 2014, 03:37:39 AM

Title: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 25, 2014, 03:37:39 AM
To continue MG's theme...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2nLEhUcZ0

I'll be doing some F1 2013 - Monaco. This is a real test for me...I normally bail at Monaco because I'm so crap at it.

I'll also continue my WitE campaign. I'm doing the 10 turn scenario (Road to Smolensk I think).

And I'll be doing some
The Golf Club
Phantom Leader - finishing the campaign - which is going terrible! I'm doing the 1965 Long campaign. You've got very little choice in weapons and no ECM pods. It's a case of take the chance and don't evade or use the evade and take 2 stress hit points each time. There's only so often you can use that. It's an extremely difficult campaign. No SAMS and no bandits though.
OOTP 14 Now I've got over my "normal block" of dealing with the draft which I picked up 6 players from (I let the AI choose them - so I hope it made the right calls. One of those has dropped out and is going in the draft the following year...clearly he thought he was better than I did!  :D

And drinking - as always - drinking.

Have a good one all.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 25, 2014, 03:49:29 AM
I am unfettered of parental duties, there will be late nights and beer

I shall be sobbing into my mead at the state of Britain in CKII The Old Gods

Either carrying on as austria, or starting a Naples game in EUIV

and fighting with my conscience over a Red Dragon purchase
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 25, 2014, 03:50:02 AM
balls ninja-ed by JD - can we be merged??
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: weateallthepies on April 25, 2014, 03:53:08 AM
Looks like I might be going with....

Football Manager 2014 - thanks to the generosity here, I should be able to grab this pretty cheap when I get a moment. Will see though as I probably need to put some time aside to learning this.

Qvadriga - Got this with the recent coupon after enjoying a tabletop chariot game, I think this could be fun for a while.

Space Empires 4X - Have a friend over tomorrow to play this great boardgame, really enjoying our ongoing games of this. Going to add in a few more rules I think.

Also have a VASSAL game of Blood & Roses going, plus a playtest game to get started on cyberboard.

Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: tgb on April 25, 2014, 05:14:44 AM
Last Federation and Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes for sure.  Ground Pounders is starting to come together nicely, to my surprise, so I'll probably fool around with the latest build, and I may fall off the fence on Endless Legend, depending on feedback.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:23:01 AM
Merged, tho I will admit to being impressed by UCG in that I didn't think our Anglish cousins even knew who the Eagles were.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 25, 2014, 05:23:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 25, 2014, 03:50:02 AM
balls ninja-ed by JD - can we be merged??
lol
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Staggerwing on April 25, 2014, 05:28:12 AM
That was truly weird- I was posting just as brant merged the threads- next thing I know the forum software is telling me I don't have permission to post. WTF!!!  >:( >:(


Then I back-browser and see the merge. Whew!  :D
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:33:32 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 25, 2014, 05:28:12 AM
That was truly weird- I was posting just as brant merged the threads- next thing I know the forum software is telling me I don't have permission to post. WTF!!!  >:( >:(
je suis sneaky like voodoo ninja, chef!


Quote from: Staggerwing on April 25, 2014, 05:28:12 AMThen I back-browser and see the merge. Whew!  :D
ah well, we'll let you post again, I guess.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: MetalDog on April 25, 2014, 06:16:04 AM
I have to work for a while tomorrow and the lawn needs mowing, so, there will be precious little time for gaming.  But when I do, it will be Civ IV MP and EUIV MP as well as solo games of Warlock and hoped for continuation of a MP game with Tuna and W8taminute.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2014, 06:27:08 AM
Quote from: tgb on April 25, 2014, 05:14:44 AM
Ground Pounders is starting to come together nicely, to my surprise, so I'll probably fool around with the latest build...

Ya don't say?  What's the scoop?
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Gusington on April 25, 2014, 07:31:16 AM
I will be moving back to my house after the longest darkest winter in recorded history. If I can score some time and get my (thank the gods) WIRED internet connection back, I will be catching up on some gaming housekeeping and updating that my crappy wifi hasn't allowed in over a week. Also putting together a new computer gaming room/office. Then, finally, if the space/time continuum will allow, I will begin a long awaited game of Civ V as Venice. Perhaps some Medieval 2 as well.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Anguille on April 25, 2014, 07:35:54 AM
Not much time but i am starting to enjoy the games i've never played as they were on steam. On my new computer, i've installed them almost all:

- Horizon Humans in Space. A game i've been following since 2004. It's very retro but so far i am enjoying my first game.
- Napoleon TW: i want to play some battles first (just Waterloo so far)
- Grand Ages Rome...such a beautiful game...have been waiting long to play it.
- Age of Empires II, Joan of Arc campaign. Never finished the game and i remember now....i am just too bad at this....anyway, going to do it this time.

Happy gaming.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Barthheart on April 25, 2014, 07:40:23 AM
More yard work, fence staining to be done.

Some VASSAL work... hopefully.

Some old school board war gaming. I'm feeling the itch to dig out some of my older games that were bought in the late '70's and haven't been played much in the last 35 years....
Man... that sentence made me feel old....  :P
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Tuna on April 25, 2014, 07:55:27 AM
Long Weekend for me.. Yesterday and Today off too..

Trying out Active Sky Next trial for FSX (adds a lot of realism to the flight)

Playing Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. This was a great deal for ten bucks!

Supposed to Jam with some old friends tonight..

Tomorrow night maybe continue Warlock MP with MD and W8T
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Nefaro on April 25, 2014, 08:02:28 AM
Ugh.. sick again for the third week out of four.  Cuuuu-uurse!

There is a campaign challenge starting this weekend for Wings Over Flanders Fields.  Starting in June 1917, we are to join MFJ I (a Marine Jasta) based near the Flemish coast to see how far we can get before inevitably dying.  Flying the Albatros D.III by the sea at a time when Sopwith Camels and SE5s will start to show up soon.  :o

Also been alternating some Rise Of Flight along with WOFF.  They both have their strengths.  I really want to get familiar with having all the labels turned off in ROF so I can competently do some multi-player without getting shot down by people I never see.  It's much easier visually spotting planes in ROF than WOFF but it still takes a lot of practice to have any reliability in doing so.  I may just try flying multiplayer this weekend anyway and let the experienced ones have at me.

Been thinking of starting a sandbox game in Starpoint Gemini 2 since there have been some updates recently.  Not sure how feature complete the sandbox is but I could've swore I read it was very close.

If I can drag my virus-riddled butt out to the table, I need to punch & clip corners on the counters to Patton's Best and see how long it will be before I get picked off by a PaK. 
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Shelldrake on April 25, 2014, 08:08:16 AM
Nasty weather forecast for the weekend so yard work is on hold. :) Instead I will be spending my time with Fallen  Enchantress Legendary Heroes and Wargame Red Dragon.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Nefaro on April 25, 2014, 08:10:47 AM
I see there's a new FE:LH dlc. 

Is it thin?
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: PanzersEast on April 25, 2014, 08:29:27 AM
Well, I have dropped another game from my list which is DF.  This weekend will see....

Crusader Kings 2 - Started a new LP with

Pandora First Contact - I won this back over the holidays, so time to check it out after a new patch

Warlock 2 - continue my current game, only 2 enemies left

OOTP 15 - I always play this off and on each day... just continue to progress


With the possibility of FSX, Falcon 4, Rome Total War 2, Euro Truck Sim II.  I still trying to work through my backlog and so far I have eliminated several games.

PE
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: tgb on April 25, 2014, 08:41:03 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2014, 06:27:08 AM
Quote from: tgb on April 25, 2014, 05:14:44 AM
Ground Pounders is starting to come together nicely, to my surprise, so I'll probably fool around with the latest build...

Ya don't say?  What's the scoop?

I don't know if you would like it.  It's pretty beer-and-pretzels as well as being very much a board game. In short, it's Panzer General set in the SotS universe.  Terrain and supply are modeled, although supply is pretty simplistic - there's a base that radiates supplies 360 degrees, and logistic units that increase the radius of the supplied area. Units can have up to 4 dice assigned to them that modify combat results, and you also have a hand of randomly-drawn cards that can buff or debuff units for a turn, as well as other benefits like revealing part of the map.

It's supposedly pretty close to release.  Most of the tutorials are done, as well as the Hiver campaign 7 or 8 stand-alone scenarios (I think there will be 10).  It's only $10, and certainly worth at least that.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: undercovergeek on April 25, 2014, 08:46:35 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:23:01 AM
Merged, tho I will admit to being impressed by UCG in that I didn't think our Anglish cousins even knew who the Eagles were.

love me some Hotel California - good driving home music on a Friday afternoon

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:33:32 AM
je suis sneaky like voodoo ninja, chef!

lol, is this Piggy from Almost Naked Animals?
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: MengJiao on April 25, 2014, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:23:01 AM
Merged, tho I will admit to being impressed by UCG in that I didn't think our Anglish cousins even knew who the Eagles were.

  I, an American from the Good Old US of A, barely know who the Eagles are.  In fact my strongest association for them is the Taxi ride in the
Big Lubowski where the Dude gets thrown out of the Taxi for saying "Oh come on, not the Eagles, man."

  Be that as it may, this week end I have but two definite gaming plans:

1) Rome II online battles -- I will continue my elephant-free rampage with Steppe Barbarians.  And if I have to bust a few phalanxes to do it, I will.  I have a plan: have a few superheavy Saka (socker?  Sucker?) catapharacts and some superheavy armored archers.  Phalanx gets hit by lots of archery and Steppe ballista bolts, then the armored archers go in on foot (having shot all their arrows) followed by the super heavy cataphracts charging in wedge etc.
2) Use Age of Reason V to simulate the Sambre-et-Meuse of late 1794.  The Prussians will play the French (special skirmisher rules and less formed firepower) and the Austrians of 1756 will stand in for the Austrians of 1794.  I'll try to get some photos of this boardgame extravaganza.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 09:11:41 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:23:01 AMMerged, tho I will admit to being impressed by UCG in that I didn't think our Anglish cousins even knew who the Eagles were.

Quote from: MengJiao on April 25, 2014, 08:56:47 AMI, an American from the Good Old US of A, barely know who the Eagles are. 

That may be, but a Brit knowing who the Eagles are is kinda like an American knowing who Style Council is.  Or, more recently, The Stone Roses  (OK, they're not that recent, but you take my point, eh?)
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Martok on April 25, 2014, 09:18:31 AM
Well I'll be heading to Eau Claire this weekend (this afternoon, in fact) for No Brand Con, so I won't get much gaming in, at least not on my computer.  On the other hand, there will be board-gaming at the con, of course, and I'm bringing my copy of Twlight Imperium with me -- we got a good session going last year -- so I doubt I'll be overly deprived these next couple days.  8) 




Quote from: Tuna on April 25, 2014, 07:55:27 AM
Playing Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. This was a great deal for ten bucks!
Sweet!  Glad you're enjoying the game, Tuna.  :) 

Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: mikeck on April 25, 2014, 09:24:41 AM
Elite:Dangerous
Trying mightily to get into Fallen Enchantress. Played for 4 hours so far and it isn't clicking
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2014, 09:47:43 AM
Quote from: mikeck on April 25, 2014, 09:24:41 AM
Elite:Dangerous
Trying mightily to get into Fallen Enchantress. Played for 4 hours so far and it isn't clicking

Once again, I ask, was it worth the upgrade to alpha?
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: WallysWorld on April 25, 2014, 10:08:09 AM
Trying out the free Company of Heroes 2 until Sunday.

After finally getting good frame rates for CMx2, playing the Soviet 1980 invasion campaign for Combat Mission: Afghanistan
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Gusington on April 25, 2014, 10:14:18 AM
I love(d) the Stone Roses back in the dim past.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: mikeck on April 25, 2014, 11:04:23 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2014, 09:47:43 AM
Quote from: mikeck on April 25, 2014, 09:24:41 AM
Elite:Dangerous
Trying mightily to get into Fallen Enchantress. Played for 4 hours so far and it isn't clicking

Once again, I ask, was it worth the upgrade to alpha?

No not really. multiplayer consists of me trying to get something done while people who been playing longer than me try to blow me up....so no but hasn't really been.   But it will be worth it when they add alpha number four and I can then pursue trading and explore different star systems that I think it will be worth it
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on April 25, 2014, 11:23:41 AM
This weekend, it's going to be more of the same: Wings Over Flanders Fields and World of Tanks.

It took me three years of playing to get my first Tier 10 vehicle in WOT, an American T110E3 Tank Destroyer. After playing it for a couple of weeks, I've decided that I hate playing in nothing but Tier 10 battles. Half of the people are complete douchebags and it seems that everyone is a critic. It's a total downer.

Consequently, I've gone back to playing in some lower tier battles and am enjoying myself capitally.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Shelldrake on April 25, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 25, 2014, 11:23:41 AM
After playing it for a couple of weeks, I've decided that I hate playing in nothing but Tier 10 battles. Half of the people are complete douchebags and it seems that everyone is a critic. It's a total downer.

Consequently, I've gone back to playing in some lower tier battles and am enjoying myself capitally.

I agree. I have the most fun playing in tier 2-6 battles.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Steelgrave on April 25, 2014, 11:59:47 AM
Fallen Enchantress has a new DLC, so FE is on the menu. 7 Days to Die is up to Alpha 11 and has been a gaming time sink for me, plus I've been hitting X-Com again. I think Fallen Enchantress is going to get the bulk of my time this weekend.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on April 25, 2014, 12:03:07 PM
I fucking hate this song.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: RedArgo on April 25, 2014, 01:08:24 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on April 25, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 25, 2014, 11:23:41 AM
After playing it for a couple of weeks, I've decided that I hate playing in nothing but Tier 10 battles. Half of the people are complete douchebags and it seems that everyone is a critic. It's a total downer.

Consequently, I've gone back to playing in some lower tier battles and am enjoying myself capitally.

I agree. I have the most fun playing in tier 2-6 battles.

I hardly ever play my tier 9 or 10 tanks, I just don't think I'm good enough to compete at the level I want to in order to not get hammered.  I don't know all the maps well enough and I don't know all the weak points of those tiers well enough. 

I just got the T71, which is a fun light tank, but my favorites are the KV-1 and the IS-3.

Besides WoT, I'm hoping to continue my Allied Corps campaign and work on some Unity 3d tutorials.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Sir Slash on April 25, 2014, 01:12:57 PM
I'll be starting a new campaign in Decisive Campaigns WtP as the very good AI beat my ass in the last campaign in the first fight, Case White. So I'll be doing the un-thinkable-- restarting on the Easy difficulity level. I'm sooo ashamed. :-[
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on April 25, 2014, 01:42:41 PM
Teir 1 and 2 fights with elite crews and a tricked out lolpanzer are the shizzle!
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Father Ted on April 25, 2014, 01:43:04 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 25, 2014, 08:02:28 AM
I really want to get familiar with having all the labels turned off in ROF so I can competently do some multi-player without getting shot down by people I never see.

Good luck with that!  I've not advanced that far in two years of trying...Nevertheless I will no doubt try again at some point this weekend.  In a similar vein I'll have a bash at RO2 to see what the new content is all about.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Arctic Blast on April 25, 2014, 01:43:11 PM
Time to start getting back into Battle Academy! I might also start up Assassin's Creed 4, unless I fail at staving off desire to pick up OOTP 15.

On the table, Dark Horse and Darkest Night with both expansions have yet to be tried.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Rayfer on April 25, 2014, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 25, 2014, 01:12:57 PM
I'll be starting a new campaign in Decisive Campaigns WtP as the very good AI beat my ass in the last campaign in the first fight, Case White. So I'll be doing the un-thinkable-- restarting on the Easy difficulity level. I'm sooo ashamed. :-[

LOL...welcome to my world.  Survival and even a slight chance of winning reside down in the shameful realms of 'easy'. You'll get over it.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Sir Slash on April 25, 2014, 01:59:57 PM
ONLY, if I win Rayfer. Only if I win. :P
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: bbmike on April 25, 2014, 02:07:29 PM
Quote from: Martok on April 25, 2014, 09:18:31 AM
Well I'll be heading to Eau Claire this weekend (this afternoon, in fact)...

Is that in the Delta Quadrant?
I'll probably start a game of the original Alpha Centauri (no SMAX). Not sure what else yet.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Kushan on April 25, 2014, 02:18:33 PM
Anything on my hard drive is fair game this weekend.  The only thing I'm definitely going to be playing will be Skyrim and some Diablo 3. I'd like to get more into AOW 3, but its not really clicking with me. Rome 2 is another possibility.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Martok on April 25, 2014, 02:34:04 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 25, 2014, 02:07:29 PM
Quote from: Martok on April 25, 2014, 09:18:31 AM
Well I'll be heading to Eau Claire this weekend (this afternoon, in fact)...

Is that in the Delta Quadrant?
LOL.  Not so far as that -- it's in Wisconsin.  ;)  It's just a four-hour drive from where I live. 

Speaking of which, I'm out the door now.  Have a good weekend everyone! 

Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Shelldrake on April 25, 2014, 03:00:45 PM
Quote from: Martok on April 25, 2014, 02:34:04 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 25, 2014, 02:07:29 PM
Quote from: Martok on April 25, 2014, 09:18:31 AM
Well I'll be heading to Eau Claire this weekend (this afternoon, in fact)...

Is that in the Delta Quadrant?
LOL.  Not so far as that -- it's in Wisconsin.  ;)  It's just a four-hour drive from where I live. 

Speaking of which, I'm out the door now.  Have a good weekend everyone!

Safe travels Martok!
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Barthheart on April 25, 2014, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 25, 2014, 01:43:11 PM
Time to start getting back into Battle Academy! I might also start up Assassin's Creed 4, unless I fail at staving off desire to pick up OOTP 15.

On the table, Dark Horse and Darkest Night with both expansions have yet to be tried.

I'll play MP Battle Academy if ya want?  :)
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: WallysWorld on April 25, 2014, 04:19:53 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on April 25, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on April 25, 2014, 11:23:41 AM
After playing it for a couple of weeks, I've decided that I hate playing in nothing but Tier 10 battles. Half of the people are complete douchebags and it seems that everyone is a critic. It's a total downer.
Consequently, I've gone back to playing in some lower tier battles and am enjoying myself capitally.
I agree. I have the most fun playing in tier 2-6 battles.

Yep. When using my Panther, I noticed that the players are more arrogant and offer more 'advice' than at the lower levels.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Toonces on April 25, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 25, 2014, 08:56:47 AM
the Taxi ride in the Big Lubowski where the Dude gets thrown out of the Taxi for saying "Oh come on, not the Eagles, man."


Classic!   ;D

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 25, 2014, 03:37:39 AM

I'll be doing some F1 2013 - Monaco. This is a real test for me...I normally bail at Monaco because I'm so crap at it.


God, I hated Monaco.  That was easily the worst race I had so far this season.  In fact, not only did I DNF, I got disqualified because I didn't use two different kinds of tires.  I didn't know you had to do that. 
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Toonces on April 25, 2014, 10:27:29 PM
All I'm committing to is RO2/RS this weekend. 

I'd like to play some more of my M2:TW campaign as France using the Stainless Steel mod finally, and I'd also like to get into some CK2.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Rizik6 on April 26, 2014, 01:19:53 AM
I picked up Endless Legend and earlier in the week I bought FE:LH on sale at GamersGate for $10. I've also been stuck on AoW3 for the last couple weeks.

Fantasy Strategy is a new genre for me but I guess I've gone all in. Looks like that's what I'll be playing this weekend anyway.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Toonces on April 26, 2014, 01:45:38 AM
^ Definitely!

I don't know if I've had too much Jameson's or what, but CK2 is acting really glitchy for me tonight I think.  At first I thought maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but the more I've been playing, the more things just don't seem to be working properly.

The last glitch, I hired mercenaries for 100 gold and suddenly found myself at -150 gold (a loss of about 400 gold) and my mercenaries were nowhere to be found.  And I'm positive I didn't click the wrong mercenaries.

Stuff like that has been happening all night.  I guess I'll move on to something else...for now anyway.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 26, 2014, 03:00:24 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 25, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
God, I hated Monaco.  That was easily the worst race I had so far this season.  In fact, not only did I DNF, I got disqualified because I didn't use two different kinds of tires.  I didn't know you had to do that. 
I never do well in Monaco and as I said - it's always the time I bail on the sim.

So I have to stay strong, and just get through it...better tracks and races await.

Yes - 2 types of tyres - unless the weather dictates wets or intermediates are required (either at the start or during the race) in which case, the rule is dropped. So for example if it's wet enough to require you start on wets/intermediates, the rule is dropped. If you start on prime or option tyres and then it goes wet enough to require intermediates/wets, then the rule is dropped. Even if the track goes back to dry conditions, I believe you can choose whichever tyre you want.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Nefaro on April 26, 2014, 03:01:52 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 26, 2014, 01:45:38 AM
^ Definitely!

I don't know if I've had too much Jameson's or what, but CK2 is acting really glitchy for me tonight I think.  At first I thought maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but the more I've been playing, the more things just don't seem to be working properly.

The last glitch, I hired mercenaries for 100 gold and suddenly found myself at -150 gold (a loss of about 400 gold) and my mercenaries were nowhere to be found.  And I'm positive I didn't click the wrong mercenaries.

Stuff like that has been happening all night.  I guess I'll move on to something else...for now anyway.


Still borked after the last DLC, huh?   :-[
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Toonces on April 26, 2014, 03:28:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 26, 2014, 03:00:24 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 25, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
God, I hated Monaco.  That was easily the worst race I had so far this season.  In fact, not only did I DNF, I got disqualified because I didn't use two different kinds of tires.  I didn't know you had to do that. 
I never do well in Monaco and as I said - it's always the time I bail on the sim.

So I have to stay strong, and just get through it...better tracks and races await.

Yes - 2 types of tyres - unless the weather dictates wets or intermediates are required (either at the start or during the race) in which case, the rule is dropped. So for example if it's wet enough to require you start on wets/intermediates, the rule is dropped. If you start on prime or option tyres and then it goes wet enough to require intermediates/wets, then the rule is dropped. Even if the track goes back to dry conditions, I believe you can choose whichever tyre you want.

You know, I just didn't know that.

So I'm racing along and I put on a second set of either Option or Prime, whichever I was racing with primarily.  And some sort of warning came up which I pushed through.  Then after some point in the race, maybe my pit stop, I got a penalty thingy saying I needed to do a stop and go or pit or something.  I ignored it because I didn't understand what was going an on and then I got DQ'd.  What sux is that I was shooting for something like 17th place and so many cars had DNF'd from crashes that I was in 16th until I got DQ'd.  I was like WTF?!11!  But Monaco is so draining that I just took the DQ and moved on.  I did much better on the next track.   8)  And now I know about those pesky tires.   >:(
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 26, 2014, 05:01:33 AM
I *think* the option are your fastest tyre but wear much quicker.

You would tend to use a new set of Options if you're just not good enough on Primes to get into the next stage of qualifying...often a new set of Options will do the trick.

I presume you know, but before you start a race, you can move the cursor to the right in the garage and select your strategy. I think by default it selects the other tyre to the one you are starting the race in - so often there's nothing to change - unless your doing more than one stop and you want to put a specific tyre on at a specific stop.

Remember when you are setting your pitstop strategy that your options will not last as long as your primes. So if you set your strategy for half way through the race and you've started on Options then you'll probably be in trouble. Again, the comp selects the strategy for you and typically does ok.

I do 25% races I think and I typically set my pitstop (only 1 on that race length) to 1/3rd of the laps if I'm on Options. So if I start on Options on a 21 lap race, I'd be looking at a pitstop of around 7 or 8.

Anyway - Monaco is calling! Good driving
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Grim.Reaper on April 26, 2014, 05:56:25 AM
Been a strange few weeks...haven't done much with war and strategy games, been more in the mood for sports games, primarily ActionPC Golf...can't get enough of that.  That tradition will likely continue this weekend, along with a few more rounds in the Golf Club.  Might mess a little bit with OOTP15, but really waiting until the next few patches are released before getting too serious.

Just nothing else has been holding my attention lately....I am sure I will break out of that funk some day.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Ian C on April 26, 2014, 07:05:53 AM
Playing Master of Orion 3 for the first time. Got it on GOG, fully patched it up to the Vanilla 1.5 mod (the 'fix all bugs' mod) and greatly enjoying it.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: Kushan on April 26, 2014, 10:12:53 AM
Quote from: Toonces on April 26, 2014, 01:45:38 AM
The last glitch, I hired mercenaries for 100 gold and suddenly found myself at -150 gold (a loss of about 400 gold) and my mercenaries were nowhere to be found.  And I'm positive I didn't click the wrong mercenaries.

Had the same thing happen to me the other night playing as Venice.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: bob48 on April 26, 2014, 10:36:53 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 09:11:41 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 25, 2014, 05:23:01 AMMerged, tho I will admit to being impressed by UCG in that I didn't think our Anglish cousins even knew who the Eagles were.

Quote from: MengJiao on April 25, 2014, 08:56:47 AMI, an American from the Good Old US of A, barely know who the Eagles are. 

That may be, but a Brit knowing who the Eagles are is kinda like an American knowing who Style Council is.  Or, more recently, The Stone Roses  (OK, they're not that recent, but you take my point, eh?)

Well, we have 'Transistor Radio's' and 'Gramophone Records' over here now, y'know.
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 27, 2014, 04:43:20 AM
F1 2013 Monaco race actually turned out ok. Finished 11th on a 20 lap race. DRS was useless!
Title: Re: It's F R I D A Y...I'm In Love...
Post by: bbmike on April 27, 2014, 07:21:57 PM
I ended up playing Endless Space Disharmony after reading all about Endless Legend. I tried it back when it first came out and it didn't really seem to grab me. This time around I'm actually having fun! I still don't care for the galaxy map and graphics but the UI is really good.
Oh, and then I bought Endless Legend. But I haven't played it yet.