Main Menu

Wildstar Online

Started by Tpek, May 01, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on June 03, 2014, 09:01:00 AM
Well, the key didn't work for Boggit. Maybe it's an NA key after all.  :P

So any Americans want a free key?

EDIT: I also got Guess Passes if anyone wants.

If it's an NA key, I'm willing to check it out.  Is it a promo key or is it the whole thing?

Also.. are you permanently stuck on the Euro servers?  :-\

Nefaro

Thanks Tpek!  That worked.   O0

I guess you had an NA key after all. 

I hadn't planned on playing an MMO anytime soon but I was starting to get in a bit of a gaming funk.  Perhaps this will be the change of pace that I needed.


Holy crap.. 17.5 GB!  A lot of content, I hope?  :)

Nefaro

After checking out some vids on the gameplay, it looks like it could be fun.  Seems to resemble an action RPG in MMO form, with Diablo 3 style combat. 

As for the key you sent me, I think it may be an EU key after all.  When I logged in, there was some brief message about how I had no NA account and that it was switching me to the EU servers.  :-\  I didn't get to read it all but I'm certainly seeing the EU servers since I'm sure the NA ones don't have some dedicated to the German language.   Makes me wonder whether my latency will be a problem.

I suppose I may be able to hook up with Tpek sometime, however, if everything is working okay.

Tpek

I'm stuck on the European servers unfortunately :(

In this day and age where so many MMORPGs have the technology to allow all the players in the world to play on the same "shard", it looks so stupid to still use that
obsolete Shard-System from the UO days...  :uglystupid2:

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on June 03, 2014, 04:11:45 PM
I'm stuck on the European servers unfortunately :(

In this day and age where so many MMORPGs have the technology to allow all the players in the world to play on the same "shard", it looks so stupid to still use that
obsolete Shard-System from the UO days...  :uglystupid2:

Evidentally I am stuck on the Euro servers too!

Which one you on?

Tpek

^LoL!

I've got characters on 3 different servers.
Ascendancy, Archon and Kazor (yeah I know this one is a German speaking one, but the English ones were full on the first day :P ).

Nefaro

#21
I'm gingerly exploring the thing.  For the most part it runs fine for me across the pond, but I do get the occasional latency spike that throws things off.  Considering it requires good timing on the player's part, I can foresee those little spikes becoming deadly in bigger fights.

I started some characters on Ascendency (or Archon??) to check out some of the classes.  Not sure what to think yet.  Saw some review vid that recommended you play past level 20 and check out the boss fights in the "dungeons" before deciding how much we like it.  Sounds like a plan.

I'm also having problems getting comfortable with using the # 1 through 8 keys on the keyboard while also using WASDQE keys and holding the right mouse button down for faster view control.  I think there's a lack of control options and the style of combat doesn't make it very easy to steer your character about while having to hit your abilities so quickly.  There is no keyboard view speed controls in the options either, so it makes constantly holding down the Right Mouse Button in combat a must IMO.  Unfortunately when you first press the right mouse button and your cursor happens to be over a selectable character/mob/item/hotspot on the screen, it doesn't work.  So you end up just standing there, not turning as you expected.  I think it's one of those games that needs a On/Off toggle for mouse view mode (most of those types use the CTRL key by default). 

I may have to remap the 5 through 8 ability hotkeys to Z,X,C,V or something, when I start using them.  I can't imagine having to let off the WASD keys to reach over and hit those while in combat.  Hell.. it's uncomfortable spamming abilities on the 1-4 keys while weaving & bobbing. 

The more action-y gameplay is okay, I just  think they could've set up the controls better.  Again, I'll mention that it's similar to the tack Neverwinter took but the controls for that one is much easier and has more options.  I suspect this has already been a point many players have brought to the developers attention.