Paradox announces Cities: Skyline and Hollowpoint

Started by steve58, August 16, 2014, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

steve58

Paradox announced two new games yesterday:  Cities: Skyline (from the Cities in Motion folks) which looks to be a SimCity competitor (and yes, you can play offline :2funny:) and Hollowpoint, "an action-packed co-op combat title set in the 22nd century."

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795535-Paradox-Announces-Cities-Skylines&s=7e451d451c43cbb7e4c38becfde3eea4


http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795537-Paradox-Announces-Hollowpoint&s=7e451d451c43cbb7e4c38becfde3eea4

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jomni

Quote from: steve58 on August 16, 2014, 04:08:41 PM
Paradox announced two new games yesterday:  Cities: Skyline (from the Cities in Motion folks) which looks to be a SimCity competitor (and yes, you can play offline :2funny:) and Hollowpoint, "an action-packed co-op combat title set in the 22nd century."

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795535-Paradox-Announces-Cities-Skylines&s=7e451d451c43cbb7e4c38becfde3eea4



They even have to mention "play offline". Har har har.
But that musical theme sounds like Sim City.

RooksBailey

Hollowpoint looks great.  I am a sucker for cyberpunk-themed merc games.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RooksBailey on August 16, 2014, 06:40:15 PM
Hollowpoint looks great.  I am a sucker for cyberpunk-themed merc games.

Really? I thought it looked like crap. A bunch of players running back and forth on a platform, no real cover, no real tactics. We'll see...but so far...meh.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2014, 06:42:39 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on August 16, 2014, 06:40:15 PM
Hollowpoint looks great.  I am a sucker for cyberpunk-themed merc games.

Really? I thought it looked like crap. A bunch of players running back and forth on a platform, no real cover, no real tactics. We'll see...but so far...meh.

I'm also interesting due to the theme.  I'm assuming what little gameplay we saw was just some pre-Alpha conceptual stuff.

What worries me was the 'PS4' stamp underneath it.  If it's just a typical console action game, prepare for disappointment.