Main Menu

What is 6x7?

Started by MetalDog, September 27, 2014, 09:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

42, of course!  The newly ascending crew of the International Space Station will be the 42nd such group.  And they have embraced the number, and it's sci-fi connection, by enjoining us, "Don't Panic."  It makes me happy to see people who, "get it," and have fun with popular culture and literature.  There's even a movie poster and patches made in the, "Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy," spirit.


http://news.yahoo.com/space-stations-42-crew-links-expedition-hitchhikers-guide-165422139.html
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

this is whats on my phones screen:

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bob48

Make mine a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, if you please!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

It's very difficult to get excited about anything space-related thanks to the current administration's gutting of NASA.

The Constellation program was going to be ten kinds of awesome. Asshats.

GDS_Starfury

progress isnt totally dead.



PACIFIC OCEAN (Sept. 15, 2014) Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit (EODMU) 11, Mobile Dive and Salvage Company 11-7 navy divers and the amphibious transport dock ship USS Anchorage (LPD 23) work together to retrieve the test module during the fourth underway recovery test (URT-4) for the NASA Orion Program. URT-4 is the fourth at-sea testing for the Orion crew module using a well deck and craning recovery method. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Gary Keen/Released)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury



SpaceX's Falcon 9 lifts off early on September 21, 2014, from the US launch complex at Cape Canaveral, carrying the Dragon CRS4 to the International Space Station (ISS) (AFP Photo/Bruce Weaver)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

and despite all the Ukrainian stupidity:



Russia's Soyuz-FG booster rocket with the space capsule Soyuz TMA-14M that will carry a new crew to the International Space Station (ISS) is transported from hangar to the launch pad at the Russian leased Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014. U.S. astronaut Barry Wilmore, and Russian cosmonauts Alexander Samokutyaev and Elena Serova are the next crew scheduled to travel to the International Space Station on September 26. (AP Photo/Pavel Golovkin)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat

Huh. I thought Orion was dead, too.

I've run into three different instructional developers that used to work with contracting firms that did training for NASA. Every one of them were laid off back when the cuts took place. I thought Orion was a dead program, too. That's good to know, even if a manned mission won't take place for at least another six years.

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on September 27, 2014, 09:55:43 AM
42, of course!  The newly ascending crew of the International Space Station will be the 42nd such group.  And they have embraced the number, and it's sci-fi connection, by enjoining us, "Don't Panic."  It makes me happy to see people who, "get it," and have fun with popular culture and literature.  There's even a movie poster and patches made in the, "Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy," spirit.


http://news.yahoo.com/space-stations-42-crew-links-expedition-hitchhikers-guide-165422139.html
Awesome!  I love that astro/cosmonauts embrace the geekery. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces