If you're into FRIDAY you're a friend of mine

Started by undercovergeek, October 03, 2014, 05:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

 I own AoW II but never got around to starting it.

Geek I will probably take the dwarves as my first actual campaign. Do they have a premade campaign of their own or are they only playable in sandbox mode?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Got to be honest and say I didn't look Gus, reviewers said dive straight in to sandbox

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 07, 2014, 11:18:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 07, 2014, 07:51:10 AM
Have you gone through it? It's very good. Scripted but very useful in learning the game. Great tutorial.

Jerkface.

Straight to the main game like a real man


Same.


Quote from: undercovergeek on October 07, 2014, 11:27:16 AM
There is only one for you my son

Dwarves


Same.


Real men go straight to playing Dwarves in the sandbox.  We don't need no stinking Tutorial!

undercovergeek


Martok

I'll admit, I only played part of AoW3's tutorial before diving into sandbox play.  I've always been more of a free-form guy when it comes to strategy games. 




Quote from: Gusington on October 07, 2014, 12:45:21 PM
Geek I will probably take the dwarves as my first actual campaign. Do they have a premade campaign of their own or are they only playable in sandbox mode?
Dwarves are sandbox only.  The story campaign focuses on the elves and humans. 

They're totally up your alley, though.  The dwarves come closest to being the techno/steampunk faction in AoW3.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^Thanks Martok...Dwarves it shall be :)

So the only scripted campaign is the tutorial itself in AoWIII?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd