WHat's with Endless Space:Emperors Edition?

Started by JudgeDredd, October 29, 2014, 05:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

How come there's an "Emperors Edition" but it has a separate DLC?  ???
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 29, 2014, 05:17:16 PM
How come there's an "Emperors Edition" but it has a separate DLC?  ???

Dunno.  I got that for free because I bought the game at release (or pre-release?). 

Probably just like the TW Rome 2 "Emperor Edition".  An update with some additional content persuaded them to rename it something extra secret super special?  ;D

Huw the Poo

There are plenty of precedents for this.  However in this particular case, the Emperor's Edition was the lesser of the two available editions, with the greater being the Admiral's Edition which seems no longer to be available.  Thus the DLC, Disharmony, is included with the Gold Edition (i.e. complete pack) but not the Emperor's Edition, which is actually the standard release.

panzerde

Also, you have to be an Emperor to play it. The DLC allows lesser royalty to play.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

#4
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 29, 2014, 07:36:29 PM
There are plenty of precedents for this.  However in this particular case, the Emperor's Edition was the lesser of the two available editions, with the greater being the Admiral's Edition which seems no longer to be available.  Thus the DLC, Disharmony, is included with the Gold Edition (i.e. complete pack) but not the Emperor's Edition, which is actually the standard release.

Nope.  You got it backward.

I just checked my DLC list for it in Steam.

The "Admiral's Edition Pre-Order" is listed there (two different entries) and the Emperor's Edition listed later along with Disharmony.  I got the latter for free when they did whatever content patch and changed it to Emperor's Edition.  Along with some "ES Forum Award" and something else.  ???

So the Admiral's Edition was just the pre-order extras.  Emperor's Edition came later in a patch.  That's why Admiral's Edition isn't sold anymore.  ;)

Damn confusing.  At least they didn't call it a whole new standalone game and charge full price for Emperor's Edition when it came out.  *wink wink nod nod*


JudgeDredd

Quote from: panzerde on October 29, 2014, 09:52:30 PM
Also, you have to be an Emperor to play it. The DLC allows lesser royalty to play.
Best answer - sorry Nefaro and Huw

I thought the naming convention was for getting something extra. Like EUIV. It was released, then several packs and finally an EUIV Ultimate edition (or something like that).

So I guessed...Endless Space initially. Then Endless Space Emperors Edition containing DLC...so I was confused why there was a separate DLC listed with it.

But I'm not royalty anyway, so I kind of need the DLC if I'm to buy it.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell