Bolt Action Rifle Civil War - Game recommendation to create a Campaign Mod in?

Started by spelk, January 15, 2015, 05:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk

Apologies for convoluted Subject title...

I have a guy asking a question over on the computerwargames subreddit that I run, which is basically just a place for me to post up computerwargame links I find...

http://www.reddit.com/r/computerwargames/comments/2shaip/suggested_game_to_build_a_campaign_for/

anyway, he's asking if there is a wargame he can build a campaign mod for that satisfies his area of interest in... 

QuoteI've been working on a realistic simulation of a civil war in the Model England of the Model house of commons on reddit, and I love war games. I was wondering what games you would suggest to build a campaign onto.

For reference, the war takes place in the 21st century, makes use of mostly bolt action rifles for the early stages, and the forces are organized in a moderately conventional manner

I'm a bit stumped, so I wondered if anyone here could help with suggestions?

jomni


Bison

Perhaps Advanced Tactic Gold, but I'm not sure if you could build a link campaign.

bbmike

Maybe one of the Strategic Command WWI/II games? They seem to be highly moddable.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

What about pike & shot? That platform seems to be fairly moddable and it already deals with the English Civil War.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


spelk