Old School Tactical - at look at FPG's new game

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2015, 10:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

GJK

I'll be most curious to see how the gameplay is and how it differs from ASL, LnL (probably very similar), CC and many other WWII tactical games.  I actually sense a good bit of CoH in there as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Jamm

Quote from: GJK on January 16, 2015, 11:57:11 PM
I'll be most curious to see how the gameplay is and how it differs from ASL, LnL (probably very similar), CC and many other WWII tactical games.  I actually sense a good bit of CoH in there as well.

I think that we're probably going to release the rules when ready, just finishing up ver 3.0 this weekend.
I've played SL/ASL but never any LnL or CC.  I did actually design the computer add on 'Ghost Divisions' for CoH.
It will more than likely have many similarities with other systems but also many differences.

The system is tight and the scenarios are very dynamic with the Impulse system.
When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro

panzerde

I'm pretty impressed with the map and counter graphics. I hope you do make the rules, or at least some examples of play available. I'd like to see more!

Capn Darwin

Looking really good Jamm! Can't wait to play it at some point.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Maybe we could get Jamm to show up at Origins and show it off as a part of the Central Command...?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 17, 2015, 04:08:10 PM
Maybe we could get Jamm to show up at Origins and show it off as a part of the Central Command...?

+1 great idea! Particularly since I think I'm going to be able to be there, for at least part of it.

bayonetbrant

panzerde

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 17, 2015, 07:14:16 PM

me too!

I heard you were giving it a pass this year and going to the International Bronies Convention and Week Long Sing-A-Long.

bayonetbrant

I actually might have to duck out for a day to attend Bayonette's pre-school graduation and no I'm not kidding