Laugh and Game IT'S FRIDAY

Started by Bison, November 21, 2014, 03:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

So far this weekend, I've played mostly Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and a little Pandora.  Good times. 




Quote from: bob48 on November 22, 2014, 05:22:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 22, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
lol, cheers bob, as long as you clear out the spiders

Yeah, put 'em in abox and sent 'em to Martok...

...well, apart from that REALLY big bugger at the back.
Note to self:  Apply flame-thrower to all packages from UK.  >:D 




Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 23, 2014, 11:52:56 AM
a really nice vodka
no such thing

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Silent Disapproval Robot


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart


Toonces

Quote from: Barthheart on November 22, 2014, 08:26:34 PM
CK II and a glass of bourbon tonight. Wife's away so just me and the dog in my man cave.
Good times.  8)

This is kind of what my vision of heaven looks like.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 23, 2014, 11:52:56 AM
Stupid Scotch fest. 

On the plus side, I did find a really nice vodka

Classic!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Well, so far this weekend I've slept in a series of comas (briefly interrupted by dinner with the family including nieces for multiple-birthday purposes), thanks to picking up a head-cold sometime on Thursday. garshgh.  :P :buck2:

On the uphill climb or the downhill slope or whichever metaphor I think. Just in time for work tomorrow!  :crazy2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Well I ended up wrapping up the weekend playing Star Trek Online.  I have no idea what I'm doing 90% of the time but space battling Birds of Prey is pretty sweet.

GDS_Starfury

you went to Scotch Fest and found vodka.....
oddly this is similar to one of the plot twists of Mirths diary that Ive been reading.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 21, 2014, 01:42:30 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 21, 2014, 10:08:40 AM
I would've highly recommended staying with it. The story is superb I thought.

But I like a good story in my games

  I always get caught up in mods and editors and almost never with stories and campaigns.  I'd forgotten what fun the Far Cries were.  I've learned to drop from hang gliders onto the top level of the radio platforms (the trick is not to hit the zip lines) -- but the most recent radio tower was a matter of some leaps.  Very satisfying.  And the mercenaries on the South Island are a nasty crowd.  Shooting them is so satisfying.  Especially when one of them says "I want a sitrep" and then you blow up everything in sight.  The vehicle crashes and explosions really hit the spot too.

  I may try the Paradise mod or something before moving on to Far Cry 4 eventually.

  But what really happened?  Less Far Cry 3 and more DCS (getting back to the MIG21) and even some CKII and boardgames and of course WitPAE PBEM.

BigBlueFleet

#100
Quote from: Anguille on November 22, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 22, 2014, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Anguille on November 22, 2014, 03:28:48 PM


Can't recommend GOG's edition at this point cos it has problems  :'( Steam's edition should be fine.


What's wrong with GOG's version of Omerta?  Were the developers not updating that one like the Steam version?

I wondered why GOG was giving it away free for a day.  Maybe that explains it.

They did but someone screwed up. I have no idea who but don't think it's Haemimont (based on my information)...most likely Kalypso. It seems like they damaged some files (some maps) while creating GOG's edition and the result is that at some points you can't go further (i could because i have received the original file/map by someone i know). Anyway, at this point, GOG's edition can't be played completely. They told me that they were working on it but haven't seen anything yet. We must no forget that the game has been granted "2" superb copy protection systems  ::): steam AND Kalypso launcher....i guess that removing both for GOG has proven more difficult than what they thought...

Thanks for the advice on this game...  I ended up buying the GOG version and have been enjoying the daylights out of it.  Hopefully it gets fixed but I've spent 14.99 for the whole package.  I can tell you games I've spent upwards of 60 to 70 dollars for and only played minutes.

:) :) I did have a bug maybe on one map where it wouldn't let me do anything with the characters, I saved and when I started back up got full control back.  It's been a real good ride. :)

Anguille

Quote from: BigBlueFleet on December 03, 2014, 08:42:31 AM
Quote from: Anguille on November 22, 2014, 04:54:15 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 22, 2014, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Anguille on November 22, 2014, 03:28:48 PM


Can't recommend GOG's edition at this point cos it has problems  :'( Steam's edition should be fine.


What's wrong with GOG's version of Omerta?  Were the developers not updating that one like the Steam version?

I wondered why GOG was giving it away free for a day.  Maybe that explains it.

They did but someone screwed up. I have no idea who but don't think it's Haemimont (based on my information)...most likely Kalypso. It seems like they damaged some files (some maps) while creating GOG's edition and the result is that at some points you can't go further (i could because i have received the original file/map by someone i know). Anyway, at this point, GOG's edition can't be played completely. They told me that they were working on it but haven't seen anything yet. We must no forget that the game has been granted "2" superb copy protection systems  ::): steam AND Kalypso launcher....i guess that removing both for GOG has proven more difficult than what they thought...

Thanks for the advice on this game...  I ended up buying the GOG version and have been enjoying the daylights out of it.  Hopefully it gets fixed but I've spent 14.99 for the whole package.  I can tell you games I've spent upwards of 60 to 70 dollars for and only played minutes.

:) :) I did have a bug maybe on one map where it wouldn't let me do anything with the characters, I saved and when I started back up got full control back.  It's been a real good ride. :)

You're welcome. If you have a problem at some point, you can pm me. I should be able to send you an undamaged map thus allowing you to complete the campaign.

Cheers

BigBlueFleet