WinSPWW2 with more than a tiny windowed view

Started by Boggit, November 27, 2014, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

Since the last few updates of SPWW2 and SPMBT, I haven't been able to play the game fullscreen without the colours going all crazy, and looking like a game on Speed. It used to work fine on Win 7, but unless I play in windowed mode it doesn't work. The trouble with the windowed mode is that I only get a tiny window to work with - about 5"*3" - giving a normal view of just over 10 hexes across. Does anyone know how to expand the window - my native resolution is 1980*1080, or to tinker with the start up so I can run the game in fullscreen without it tripping out?

Any advice will be very much appreciated. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Airborne Rifles

Are you running the free version or the full purchased cd version?

Here's a link from the shrapnel games forum that seems to address the color issue. If you're running the free version I don't think you can do full screen mode. Lots more over at the shrapnel forums.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Boggit

I'm using the free version. You used to be able to run it full screen a couple of patches back.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

They charge for the version with hi-res options.

Atilla60

I'm running the free version, latest update (22. Feb. 2014) in full screen and have no issues.
That is while running the game.
However, when I exit the game, I get an empty desktop and have to log off, then log back on to get windows running.

PS: My OS is Windows 7
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Nefaro

I'm talking about the map filling up the screen on higher resolutions.

Unless they recently added this to the free version, which is hard to believe because that was about the only reason to purchase.  Or maybe your monitor doesn't use the higher resolutions?

Atilla60

My monitor support high-res, but the game uses 800x600 with higher resolution-options grayed out in the game menu (so it seems that high-res is with the commercial version only).
This was the setting when I installed the game, and I never had the problem Boggit mentions. The game ran smoothly from the get go - windowed and full screen.
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -