Running with Rifles - anyone played it?

Started by undercovergeek, March 09, 2013, 06:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

What is RUNNING WITH RIFLES?

"Keep your head down SOLDIER – you'll need it!"

Pick up your rifle and join the Green or Grey army in their mission to send the enemy home in a box! RWR is an open world, top-down, tactical shooter for single player and multiplayer online, that puts you right in the middle of chaos in towns, trenches and forests turned into ruthless battlefields, controlling just one soldier in an army of several hundreds.

In a war where men die like flies and endless streams of reinforcements run to fill the void, it takes tactics and marksmanship to capture territories effectively. The open world nature of the game enables you to use a multitude of approaches to help the front line move – it's up to you to shape your role. Experience the complete arc starting as a private hardening into a high ranking officer with a squad under command, arming yourself with a variety of weapons and vehicles on your way to glory!

http://www.modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles/

never heard of it - it looks like a lot of fun, im not sure how proficient ill be using the mouse as my crosshairs

Longdan

I picked it up a while ago and threw it on the pile.  I have not played it yet being still bogged down with my xmas loot.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Jarhead0331

I've got it.  Lots of fun in relatively small doses.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Huw the Poo

I bought into the alpha ages ago and fire it up every now and then to check on progress.  It's a very fun little game.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 09, 2013, 06:51:50 PM
I've got it.  Lots of fun in relatively small doses.

Agree w/ Jarhead's assessment.  Fun for short stretches of shootin'.

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Nefaro on March 09, 2013, 09:26:03 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 09, 2013, 06:51:50 PM
I've got it.  Lots of fun in relatively small doses.

Agree w/ Jarhead's assessment.  Fun for short stretches of shootin'.

+1
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Nefaro

Arise, Chicken!  Arise!



With all the new stuff they added to RWR, I'm gonna have to get back to some multi-player!


Fun stuff:


Huw the Poo

Yeah there seem to be a lot of updates.  I will have to look again myself.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Slick Wilhelm

#9
Is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of the old Ikari Warriors arcade game from the mid 1980's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQmBwwx7_Y

Nefaro

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on January 23, 2015, 05:45:29 PM
Is it just me, or does this remind anyone else of the old Ikari Warriors arcade game from the mid 1980's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQmBwwx7_Y

I recall not really enjoying Ikari Warriors back then.   *shrug*

That was from around the same era as Mike Tyson's Punch-Out wasn't it?  ;D

Huw the Poo

Ikari Warriors was just a vertically-scrolling shoot em up really, but for what it was (and for the time) it was pretty good, and also two-player if I recall correctly.  I'm sure there was a remake much later on, or at least a clone.