Pride of Nations: Anyone want to join a PBEM game?

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, September 02, 2014, 04:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Silent Disapproval Robot

New beta patch should be out tomorrow.  This sounds promising.

QuoteExecutable work is done, with fix on portraits display and natives not getting back replacements if in hostile region, mainly, I'll finish the patch tomorrow or Tuesday at most evening by adding some events from Loki and Christophe Barrot probably. Stay tuned.

jomni

Glad to hear development is still on.  Would be interesting to go back to this game.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 19, 2015, 05:06:31 PM
New beta patch should be out tomorrow.  This sounds promising.

QuoteExecutable work is done, with fix on portraits display and natives not getting back replacements if in hostile region, mainly, I'll finish the patch tomorrow or Tuesday at most evening by adding some events from Loki and Christophe Barrot probably. Stay tuned.


Cool.   

Did they ever track down that nasty Gold bug and squash it for this one too?  I'm sure there were plenty left to squish but that one stood out in my mind.


JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 20, 2015, 05:29:10 AM
Gold bug?

There was reportedly one in a previous beta patch where some trigger would prevent money being accumulated for certain stuff.  Or something to that effect.  Seemed like a pretty big deal if it happened.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 20, 2015, 04:18:18 PM
Gold is like handbags, but less valuable.  >:D

lol, thanks, i reckon ive cornered the ladies accessories market, its a shame its not one of my goals


Dread Rlyeh

thank the maker, though I feel the need to make some sort of evil-eye/game breaking bug warding gesture. 

Nefaro

Still a beta patch.  So hopefully no big new bugs pop up.  :)

Philippe

I haven't tried this game on my new computer, having given up in despair over how slowly the program crunched itself.  With more processing power and (hopefully) a little streamlining things would run a bit more smoothly.

I remember when I was looking at this game that there were some annoying skipped unit images in the Franco-Prussian war scenario.  One of the units was one that you encountered frequently,  French cuirassiers or Chasseurs a cheval, or something like that.  Has this been fixed yet?

I think this was the game that used the black and yellow Austrian flag, a very appropriate symbol for the later years of the Hapsburg dynasty.  When I was making flag mods for Strategic Command Great War and Breakthrough, the first thing I noticed when researching period propaganda posters is that almost every German or Austrian poster that I looked at used the yellow and black flag for Austria.  In other words, when Austrians indulged in flag waving, that was the flag they were thinking of (somewhat more complex story if you were a Magyar).

I can't help but wonder what would happen to game performance in PON if they let the Canadians behind WW I CE take a crack at PON's game engine.  There's only one Pocus, and that would be a great way of cloning him.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.