Main Menu

Skyrim Question

Started by Sir Slash, April 26, 2012, 09:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

I know this isn't the role-playing section but.. Lydia and I have been cleaning out bandits around Whiterun and they're getting almost too easy(playing at adept level) and then we hit a Hagraven and I had to re-load about 10 times to get past her. It made me wonder, what is the most consistently difficult race/class in the game? I know about the Dragons and Giants but I mean among the less obvious enemies. I've read the Wiki-stuff but would like to hear from you Skyrim-Vets what you think. For me so far the Hagraven was toughest, the Falmer also very hard especially if there are more than one, the Skeevers are just plain annoying as I never see them coming until they're chewing on my leg. What do you think and feel free to throw in a tactic or two. Thanks in advance for your responses. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have had my buttocks handed to me by very powerful vampires on more than one occasion. The only thing I could really do was return after I had leveled up a bit.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Actually, you're in the right section - this is the PC gaming section. Our RPG section is for pen & paper.

I think you've probably hit the toughest of the tough. Hagravens, Falmer. There was also a point when a nest of nasty spellcasters could gang up on me. Vampires were, for a time, bad news.

You'll know you hit the big time when you can take a hit from a Giant and survive.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Probably my funniest gaming moment ever was being sent into orbit by a giant in Skyrim. Damn now you have me wanting to go back to play...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Hagraven and I had the same tactics, healing with the left hand while wacking the hell out of each other with the right. We stood there like 2 Statutes of Liberty until I was able to take her down. It was VERY close. Don't want no mo Hags.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

In my case I was a sneaky archer. Once you get your skills high enough they can walk right by you and not see you. (well, most - some have spells to ID you).

Still, it's fun to sit back and pick them off before they find you.

Even so, it's often useful to carefully manage your arrows. Some do more damage than others. Usually I'd use iron arrows for generic stuff, but when I knew I was getting ready for a tough encounter I'd swap out to something harder hitting. Some arrows do double what the iron ones do. Also, I spent some time working on my own enchantments to beef up my bows, and late in the game I was crafting my own bows, too. That allows for significant boosts in firepower, and it's cool to be able to swap bows with different effects - fire for one opponent, ice for another. Lightning for yet a third. Soul trap when I was feeling like I need to recharge depleted items.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.