Prison Architect - Anybody else find it very frustrating to play?

Started by fran, February 15, 2015, 04:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 16, 2015, 01:15:19 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 16, 2015, 12:10:35 PM
I'm also not sure if they still have that nutty animated intro to the game, but it was terrible. Talk about out of place.  Some dark depressing thing about some dude murdering his wife and her lover.. and then it cuts to the game with some cartoonish meeple-looking guys hopping around a green grassy cartoonland.  Whutdafuk?  :-\

I totally forgot about that. Yeah, that was a little...odd.

I just wrote it off as it being a fur'nur outlook on things (them being a UK developer, though that looked more like something an Eastern European dev would do). Like naming a main character 'Mayonnaise.' Ugh.

They do still have that in game. I rather liked it, though. I thought it added depth to the prisoners. Each one has a story and a different personality. The art may not fit the style of the game, but I have nothing against personalizing the prisoners, guards and other characters in game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


BanzaiCat

In this game, the nicknames are pretty good. I can see a prisoner being named "Mayo" (LOL).

My "mayonnaise" reference was to a Jagged Alliance game back in the mid-2000s that I reviewed for WG. It was so awful I didn't do the review. They actually named a soldier that. I dunno...it weirded me out way too much to take that game seriously at that point.