The record company, Rosie, just gave me a big FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, February 06, 2015, 06:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

#30
Late for the weekend (just came back from a week in the mountains)...want to play the following games:

Worldshift

and

Grand Ages: Rome

Skwerl

Anguille,

I really like Worldshift.  I bought on a whim and I've been surprised at how much fun it is.

Unfortunately, I've had to work most of the weekend, but so far it's been:

Call to Power II
Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Skwerl on February 07, 2015, 05:32:40 PM
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire

How is the release version?  The last time I played it, which was only a few months ago, it was far from complete.

Skwerl

Huw,

It's not bad, what there is of it. The part they finished runs fine, and actually has a very interesting game mechanic.  Also (at least for me) it's been very stable.  That said, there's not a lot of content.  There's a campaign - which I haven't touched yet - and three skirmish maps which can be played as either faction. As I recall, one faction has six unit types and the other has seven. There is no artillery or air.

With that in mind, it's quite a bit of fun. It was worth $10.  I'm not sure I could justify the purchase at full price.

Huw the Poo

Heh, well, I got it for free so I certainly can't complain!  Thanks Skwerl.  I'll give it a try at some point.

Anguille

Quote from: Skwerl on February 07, 2015, 05:32:40 PM
Anguille,

I really like Worldshift.  I bought on a whim and I've been surprised at how much fun it is.

Unfortunately, I've had to work most of the weekend, but so far it's been:

Call to Power II
Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire
I look forward tout play it.... 😊

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Thank you Sir. I may cleanse my gaming palette with some Panzer Corps, but which Battle Academy campaign next? Kharkov or Operation Bagration? I think I would like to play as the Germans next.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

#39
Did get aaaallllmost all of my pre-gameclock things done in Darkest Hour AARussia.

Did not get much learned on another iPhone game.

Did get more FC3 done (met Citra, cleared some of the path to the next main mission).

Did not get much of the CoH1 main campaign done, barely past the first mission, though I also started a bit of a parallel campaign from Tales of Honor about a different airborne operation.

Did play through most of the first episode (out of four) of the Jurassic Park interactive movie game. Kind of trivially buggy at first (though I haven't seen those first bugs repeat so far), and it's amazing how much it looks like an Unreal 1.5 engine (which is not a compliment in this day and age  :P ). Clearly the writers and designers are fans of the movies, though, and that's good (except when they pander just a bit too much with cute callback parallels). Watched one of the heroes get eaten in a dino fight, which kind of surprised me since up to then it looked like the game was basically no fail, simply a matter of scoring how well you're keeping up with the action.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.  The only game I played all weekend.  Getting the hang of it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Well mostly Combat Mission:Black Sea. I also took the time to progress my ARMA III campaign - I'm now at Exit Strategy of the 2nd chapter.

Nothing else...not even Nimitz...sitting there waiting for my attention.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

#42
I've not been gaming as much as usual in the past few weeks.  Mostly Darkest Dungeon here & there.  But I did put in a couple matches in War Thunder and one in Running With Rifles over the weekend.  Didn't add up to a lot.

Weird semi-funk I'm in.  Should probably go do some tabletop gaming/painting or reading for a long stretch.  But I still have an urge to play a few thing right now - just not for very long.  ???  Is that gaming apathy?

undercovergeek

Spent the weekend reacquainting myself with red dragon, now I've given it a couple of hours I realise the weaknesses in my British deck - I need more infantry support vehicles above the current choppers - more hmgs on wheels, the choppers are too fragile