Main Menu

Comparison please?

Started by Flywheel, July 21, 2016, 07:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Crossroads on July 25, 2016, 03:12:55 AM
Quote from: Flywheel on July 24, 2016, 12:18:12 PM
It does no harm to have alternative links. Thank you.

If anyone knows of a later version please let me know. This is the latest one I have been able to find.

v2.6.0 is the latest and the last version.  The homepage is gone so the alternative download locations are the only way to get it these days.
Another download location : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3759

Crossroads

2.6.0.157 to be specific, right?
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Pete Dero


Flywheel

John Tillers Campaign looks easy enough, and the system is easy enough; winning a scenario is an entirely different matter. I am enjoying the challenge. As for War in the East/West. That is a looong learning challenge, I am about to launch into learning with Hofstadter's YouTube tutorials and playthrough. I love his broadcasts.
Hold my beer and watch this!

Sir Slash

Fly, have you tried the Decisive Campaigns games at all? They're monster strategic with a little less monster to have to learn and great fun. Very good and tough AI.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Flywheel

I haven't, but I want the Barbarossa one.
Hold my beer and watch this!

Philippe

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa will re-arrange your thinking about what a wargame is supposed to be.  An eye-opening experience.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Flywheel

I've moved it further up the 'Want it' list
Hold my beer and watch this!