Toy Soldiers available for PC on Steam for £3 fine english pounds

Started by undercovergeek, April 28, 2012, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
WWI eh?

indeed it is, period sound, period music and on the edges of the games screen you can see where its supposed to be laid out on someones carpet or table - its very nicely done

my only weird gripe is windows live and consequently the game have decided im not undercovergeek and it really seems like im using someones profile called 'fallback4' - its not the end of the world just cant figure out how its happened - shrug, i say shrug, right up until whoever fallback4 is gets my credit card details for the purchase and goes on a mad spending spree

Steelgrave

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 28, 2012, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 28, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
WWI eh?

indeed it is, period sound, period music and on the edges of the games screen you can see where its supposed to be laid out on someones carpet or table - its very nicely done

my only weird gripe is windows live and consequently the game have decided im not undercovergeek and it really seems like im using someones profile called 'fallback4' - its not the end of the world just cant figure out how its happened - shrug, i say shrug, right up until whoever fallback4 is gets my credit card details for the purchase and goes on a mad spending spree
I bought it myself and was quite annoyed to discover that I had to create a Windows Live account. As far as the profile, it seems to assign you a random profile name, but you can go into your account and modify it to your liking.

Svend Karlson

I bought it after seeing it recommended over on the QT3 forums and by Tom Chick.

I watched a 20 minute Youtube lets play video before deciding to buy as I'm not so keen on most tower defence games. The ability to duck into your various emplacements and units, and the fact I can play this as a 'lean back' game using my X360 controller (I don't have an Xbox, just a controller) sealed the deal.

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 28, 2012, 10:03:19 PM
I bought it myself and was quite annoyed to discover that I had to create a Windows Live account. As far as the profile, it seems to assign you a random profile name, but you can go into your account and modify it to your liking.

Oh god, not Games for Windows Live? Terribad. I consider it malware.

Gusington

I bought it last night. The only thing I am not crazy about is the giant toy robots and such...but for 7.50 I can't complain about it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

GFWL sukcs.

Here's how to create a local, offline account so you don't have to deal with their crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVRWweWbp0

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was going to pull the plug but then I read that you can't remap the keys.  I effing HATE that!  I just got burned on Walking Dead over the same thing.  No sale.

Svend Karlson

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 29, 2012, 06:30:38 PM
I was going to pull the plug but then I read that you can't remap the keys.  I effing HATE that!  I just got burned on Walking Dead over the same thing.  No sale.

Would you use keys though? I'm using an X360 controller, and this works great. I've tried it with mouse + keyboard, but find the X360 controls simple and effective in this game. Nice to lean back and play.

Silent Disapproval Robot