Main Menu

Winward

Started by bbmike, May 12, 2015, 10:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbmike

Just saw that Winward released on Steam today. There's a tutorial on Youtube from the developer. It looks interesting, anyone playing it? At it's current price I may have to add yet another game to my morbidly obese library.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

PanzersEast

Is it worth a buy?  Let's read, Let's read...... Yo ho ho and a bottle of piss.




PE

amandachen

*insert joke about scraping barnacles off your pinnace*

Rayfer

That opening couple of minutes of ship battles looked almost identical to the newer of the Sid Meier (spelling?) Pirates game.

bbmike

Based on the replies I thought it would be bad. But after watching 'Worth a buy?' I think I may have to make a purchase.
And no pinnace joke. At least until Grogheadscon 2015.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Freyland

Watching the ship battles immediately breaks any immersion of playing a sailing game. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Freyland on May 12, 2015, 12:27:49 PM
Watching the ship battles immediately breaks any immersion of playing a sailing game.

Does it make the seamen want to disembark from your pinnace?

:D

Freyland

Quote from: Nefaro on May 12, 2015, 02:07:41 PM
Quote from: Freyland on May 12, 2015, 12:27:49 PM
Watching the ship battles immediately breaks any immersion of playing a sailing game.

Does it make the seamen want to disembark from your pinnace?

:D
Metaphorically speaking, that is the opposite of my outcome, but from a literal, in-game sense I would say that's probably pretty accurate!

Slick Wilhelm

It looks like Red Alert for sailing vessels. No thanks!

RooksBailey

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 12, 2015, 10:56:59 AM
Is it worth a buy?  Let's read, Let's read...... Yo ho ho and a bottle of piss.




PE

Wow, this looks really good!  If only it had a combat deck view like that Paradox game from a few years ago that was about the Age of Sail - what was it called?  Oh yes, East India Company.  Reminds me a bit of that.

Thanks for the heads up!
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

JasonPratt

I was about to say that reminds me a little of the game Age of Booty, though more expanded in some ways -- but then the pun trail began.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!