WAR - China vs Japan Sounds like a CMANO scenario

Started by Con, June 18, 2015, 10:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Con


Kushan

Could definitely get something close to it. The satellite phase would be tricky as I don't think there are hunter killer satellites in the game right now and the game doesn't allow for "free form" satellites. Satellite patterns currently only work if the scenario date and time match their real orbit times.

DF-21 is athere too.

I might have to set something like this up for one of my Twitch streams.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Boggit

It's an interesting scenario. I wonder just how far off the real thing might be?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

RyanE

I built a scenario that I just used as a sandbox with A Chinese CVBG and a US CVBG.  I had a battalion of DF-21s arrayed along the Chinese coast and a bunch of log-range recon aircraft with satellite support.  The DF-21s were set to launch when the US entered a declared exclusion zone.  The difficult part for the Chinese was coordinating the DF-21s with aircraft from land bases and the CVBG.  The only way to breakthrough was to have a ToT plan for the Chinese.  I never quite got it right.  The main issue was solid contact data for the long-range bombers and the DF-21s.  I couldn't get a Bison through the CAP of the US CVBG long enough for a solid fix.  The satellite only gave approximate data for location.  So some of my attacks went in piecemeal.  All of the Burke DDGs and Ticos had the SM-3 with ABM capabilities also so that cleaned out a number of the DF-21s in flight.

In the end I got close enough to knock out a Tico, but the US CVBG wore down my Chinese enough to make them give up.  I never actually finished it enough to release.

The point is that is the Japanese have the SM-3, they can win this.  But it would most likely need US support.