Best Movie Review Ever

Started by bayonetbrant, March 20, 2012, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Still haven't seen the D&D movie.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on August 24, 2012, 12:33:03 PM
Still haven't seen the D&D movie.

not missing much IMO, some are more lenient on it.
It was a massive opportunity to mainstream it and they missed the mark so bad I suspect sabatauge
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

The best part is that there were 2 sequels (one made-for-tv and one direct-to-dvd).

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

braycraig7

True Lies,Its best for actions point of view.Arnold Done superb actions in it originally.

bayonetbrant

just to confirm... I did not write the review up at the top of this thread. I merely cross-posted it before it disappeared into the ether.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 24, 2012, 07:53:50 AM

This  =  Brant  --> 

Randy don't play me like some kinda sucka, dawg.  Mauhfahkuz wit guts like dat ain't "off the cheeseburgers".

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

I paid to see the first one in a theatre.  I still feel shame to this day.
I saw one of the other ones on DVD while in Japan.  I don't know which it was but a magic user screwed up their teleport spell and died getting stuck in a wall.  That made me happy for some reason.  It was still bad but a million times better than the first film.

bayonetbrant

the third one has some hotness to it, but some bad dialog.  In fairness, it sounds about as good as the dialog around most Friday night game tables.