Remember The Old SSI Game Colonial Conquest?

Started by tgb, July 25, 2015, 11:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

There are two difficulty settings.  Where it says Standard and Hard, I think that's determines the difficulties of the minor nations.  But next to each AI player there's a couple of arrows that sets the aggression level (I think).  I know in my first game the AI was set to the lowest aggressions, and it hardly did anything, but next level up and it was taking minors every turn.

With a non-aggressive AI, the US has all of the Americas pretty much to itself and can easily win (as you found out).  I won my first game as Russia just by moving into Asia and avoiding Europe completely.

Greybriar

I don't remember what the settings for the AI were other than selecting the U.S. to be human player controlled and the other nations to be controlled by the AI. I encountered one AI player in Alaska and defeated it with no problem. I had a little more difficulty in Central America against the AI, but the army I sent south had been depleted and was just too weak. I reinforced it and pushed on without any further delay.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Greybriar

Quote from: tgb on August 01, 2015, 04:09:13 PM
....next to each AI player there's a couple of arrows that sets the aggression level (I think).  I know in my first game the AI was set to the lowest aggressions, and it hardly did anything, but next level up and it was taking minors every turn.

With a non-aggressive AI, the US has all of the Americas pretty much to itself and can easily win (as you found out).  I won my first game as Russia just by moving into Asia and avoiding Europe completely.

Okay, I found the settings next to each country in the setup screen which increases the difficulty levels up to General. I haven't played another game since the first one but I'm sure the next will be more challenging.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.