RPG Horror Stories

Started by mirth, September 02, 2015, 09:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

:2funny:

QuoteProbably one of my favorite characters was one I rolled who did not have a single ability score above an 8. ...So I went with it. Named him Insin Rhedshert,...

BanzaiCat

Awesome. I've fortunately had good experiences with a variety of RPG groups, except one, back in the early 90s. I met this couple through a BBS (like I said, early 90s) and they lived locally. A few phone calls and they seemed perfectly normal. Neither of them were married but they co-habitated and had a 'few kids.' No big deal to me. They wanted to run a Star Wars campaign and I was in because I loved that RPG back then.

I get to their house on the first game day and it's nasty. 'Nasty' isn't a good enough word. The house reeked of urine. They had four kids and all were in diapers that were literally overflowing...little puddles everywhere. The woman was big and had thick dark hair all up and down her arms. There are few times I've been really grossed out, and that was one of them.

I stayed out of politeness but couldn't get out of there quick enough.

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 02, 2015, 09:34:30 AM
I get to their house on the first game day and it's nasty. 'Nasty' isn't a good enough word. The house reeked of urine. They had four kids and all were in diapers that were literally overflowing...little puddles everywhere. The woman was big and had thick dark hair all up and down her arms. There are few times I've been really grossed out, and that was one of them.

I stayed out of politeness but couldn't get out of there quick enough.

I've been in that house.  Or, at least, many just like it.  Job hazard :)

As for the actual topic at hand, while it wasn't a horror story, it wasn't good either.  Our regular DM when we were teenagers joined the Navy.  So, because I had all the books and a bunch of modules, I became the DM.  To be fair, it was my first time at really trying to get the job done, but, I was just terrible at it.  I read straight from the module, let the players run all over me, and just gave up in disgust at myself after three or four sessions.  Haven't done it again since.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus