Undertale - Horror RPG

Started by Gusington, October 06, 2015, 07:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Looking at Metacritic and this indie horror RPG has a 97% rating! Haven't seen it discussed here yet. Anyone got it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I watched this playthrough video of it last week.  I don't think it's a horror game.  I don't really know what it is but I know it's not something that I'd ever play.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-undertale/2300-10715/

undercovergeek

In a blatant act of plagiarism RPS does a what are you playing this weekend thread and a couple of weeks ago almost everyone was playing it exclusively - as sdr said I don't thinks it horror and I got the impression it's something I wouldn't play

gameleaper

it looked easy going play style, the problem Ive got with RPGs in general - is you have to explore every turn , every speech link, every item has to be looked at, etc... In a real adventure if you were a knight say , you don't read lots, you don't know all the squires by name and there family home and what they ate on Thursday night. In a real adventure your free, I think old D&D tabletop had this freedom more than Computer games, you talked instead of straining your eyes reading, you could try what came to mind rather than follow strick paths, I think that's why roguelike works well.